cj

Posted Dec 09, 2016 in: Track you time with Toggl and Toodledo
Score: 0
  • cj
  • Posted: Dec 09, 2016
  • Score: 0
Thanks. At least now we know ....
cj

Posted Dec 07, 2016 in: Daily Reminder - Configuration?
Score: 1
  • cj
  • Posted: Dec 07, 2016
  • Score: 1
I tried to search for the answer - but nothing fits.

I just want to know if there's a way to adjust what appears in the daily email reminder (for instance - don't necessarily want to see the details of each task underneath).

Perhaps a better way would be to allow us to check off "view" for the daily reminder (Current HotList, or a saved search) - that would be emailed every day with that list's current sort order and filter.
cj

Posted Dec 07, 2016 in: Track you time with Toggl and Toodledo
  • cj
  • Posted: Dec 07, 2016
I'm not seeing the red Toggl icon next to a task ... perhaps there's an installation step missing?
(running in chrome, installed chrome extension and added URL permissions for toodledo.com - and restarted)
but no toggl icon in toodledo ...
cj

Posted Aug 02, 2016 in: Idea - pomodoro timer
  • cj
  • Posted: Aug 02, 2016
count me in, too ...
cj

• cj
  • Posted: May 14, 2016
I must have missed a feature update ..
what is this "/ tomorrow" feature? I don't see it in the help section, and it's pretty hard to search for "/" in the forums ...

is this something new?
cj

• cj
  • Posted: Jan 08, 2016
While I was tempted to give a sarcastic reply too ... i realized that the OP has a (small) point:

There should indeed be a way to achieve every major function or task via a menu and a keyboard shortcut. There are a lot of reasons and occasions when *not* using the mouse is much more convenient and productive.

Areas of the UI that force the user to hunt and click (mouse) - that don't seem to have keyboard or keyboard menu alternatives are:
- completing a task (UI - take a cue from the way gmail does its select and deselect from the keyboard)
- starring tasks ... (again Gmail might lend a few ideas)
- anything from the action menu - I find this one to be particularly lacking in alternatives.
and
- the date/time picker (I find that particular GUI widget particularly clumsy - many things in that widget that need better keyboard and menu alternatives)

I'm not complaining about any of these things - but I am pointing out some UI design deficiencies that might confuse a newbie. And for me, some of these UI deficiencies hinder 'hyper-productivity" while using toodledo.

But OK, yeah, the checkmark is kind of obvious ...

Then again, the checkmark-completion, too can be improved:

I use several mindmapping apps, and they all use an interesting GUI technique for a checkbox for a task:
- box is empty for a new task
- doubleclick the 'checkbox' for it to be completed ... it appears "filled"
- single click-only: the lower left quadrant of the box gets filled to indicate the task is 25% done,
- each successive click fills another quadrant counterclockwise. It is actually quite elegant.
-oh, and the above task-completion UI method can also be achieve via keyboard shortcuts or menus

Just food for thought, or discussion.

This message was edited Jan 08, 2016.
cj

Posted Oct 23, 2015 in: Optional Due Date behavior
  • cj
  • Posted: Oct 23, 2015
They are not in the list anymore ... I restored them right away because they are critical tasks and I needed them. Sorry.
cj

Posted Oct 20, 2015 in: Optional Due Date behavior
  • cj
  • Posted: Oct 20, 2015
yes, I am certain -

(I am certain for 2 reasons
- the tasks that I used are ALWAYS repeating in my list ... and
- when I finally found them in the deleted list, their "repeat" status was still set

so I merely had to restore them, and then remove the "optional" status.

bug or not - I won't be trying this feature again!
cj

• cj
  • Posted: Oct 20, 2015
I have always had issues with the date selector ... maybe not the same ones as the OP, but often, I have to do one or more of the following:
- change the date of a task to "tomorrow", next week etc using the KEYBOARD, and this is nearly impossible (ie - shortcuts? a better use of tabs?)
- set the date, and then quickly enable an alarm. again, when using the keyboard this is very counterintuitive and time consuming.
- other operations

suggestions
- while inside the second field (where i can type the date or "today" or "tomorrow") : Allow the up/down arrow to increment or decrement the date (this alone would be a huge help)
- enable Alt-A to toggle the Alarm checkmark
- enable other keyboard shortcuts for "Today, Tomorrow, Next Week, Month.." (Alt - t, o, w, m , respectively)
- to be complete about it, perhaps other shortcuts to choose the "due by" type

Sure, many will see this as useless or overkill, but for those of us who really like to do things fast with the keyboard, these would be amazing time savers, and productivity boosters - which is what Toodledo is about, right?
cj

Posted Oct 15, 2015 in: Optional Due Date behavior
  • cj
  • Posted: Oct 15, 2015
Posted by SES21:
@cj

They do show up the next day but ONLY IF you set them to repeat! If not, then they are deleted when they aren't completed on the due date.

Nope - that's not what happened. They ALL were set for repeat (and optional) - and all got autodeleted.
cj

Posted Oct 09, 2015 in: Optional Due Date behavior
  • cj
  • Posted: Oct 09, 2015
Posted by Jake:
Optional tasks will automatically get marked as completed when the due-date passes.

More info: http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php#42

I just found out the hard way that "repeating" (e.g. daily) tasks with optional due dates - get marked as complete BUT don't repeat ... ie. show up the next day. I had to recover 30 of these tasks yesterday ... AND also these "completed" tasks did NOT show up in the 'recently completed' area... they were DELETED.

I learned my lesson, but this was extremely counterintuitive, to say the least.
cj

• cj
  • Posted: Feb 11, 2015
Posted by Salgud:
Posted by cj:
But LISTS seem to have some rudimentary adding/totals.

Since I don't use or pay much attention to lists, I hadn't seen that. Can you show me how to access those features?

I just noticed it.
it appears that with any column that is a numeric -- at the bottom of the column toodledo displays "Sum xxxx / Avg yyyy"
cj

Posted Feb 11, 2015 in: Make links open in a new window
  • cj
  • Posted: Feb 11, 2015
you can just do control-click on *any* link (not just in toodledo) to make the link open in a new window/tab.

ctrl-click usually opens in a new browser tab, shift-click opens the link in a new browser window.

(typically - depending on your browser you might have to adjust a setting)
cj

• cj
  • Posted: Feb 10, 2015
But LISTS seem to have some rudimentary adding/totals.
cj

Posted Jan 23, 2015 in: New Section: Habits
  • cj
  • Posted: Jan 23, 2015
Posted by Jake:
We are working on the ability to fail a habit intentionally so that you can distinguish between failure and "forgot to log it" and also to remove it from your inbox. It is clear that a checkbox habit needs to have a fail state. Example: "Don't eat candy". If you eat a piece of candy you fail for the rest of the day.

It isn't clear to me how you can fail at a rating or number habit. Can someone please provide a scenario where you could fail at either of these?

re: Fail state for checkbox:
perhaps a different GUI paradigm (since you now have a UI designer!) ... my first thought would be something like a thumbsup/down icon - where the default is neither. not ideal, but this is better than the binary checkmark.
let's say I want to Run or Workout every day (one or the other).
+ I could have one thumbsup/down for the Run (another for the workout). If the Run is deliberately skipped (because I worked out) - then this would be the "neither succeeded nor failed" state - but a skipped state.
+ or - interesting - even better if I could have a state that says "do one of these 3 (nn) things today. success is if I do one or more. failure is doing none.

> It isn't clear to me how you can fail at a rating or number habit.
well I can offer a use case.
I want to WRITE a Minimum of 500 words per day (but preferably more - and I want to log the totals)
SO - if today I wrote only 250 words. I want to log it ... but it is still a FAIL. I broke the chain.

My 2 cents.
cj

Posted Jan 22, 2015 in: New Section: Habits
Score: 1
  • cj
  • Posted: Jan 22, 2015
  • Score: 1
After using Habits for a while longer (and comparing it to some other utilities I use for similar purposes) ... I'd like to offer the following suggestions, requests, wishes etc:

Overall - the biggest drawback is that Habits is decoupled from tasklist (and anything else)
thus, I now have to embark on a new habit, of checking "habits" ... too easy to ignore or forget.
I've used other habits-like programs (which are very robust - but I would LOVE to just use toodledo alone), so here are a cople of my top suggestions that would exponentially increase the usefulness of Habit, with just 2 new features:

1. Habit reminders
--------------------------
This (for me) is a must. Most other similar programs have this.
for toodledo, this can simply be like the task reminder options.
Even better if I can get the "habit" to remind me periodically (nag me) and allow me to snooze it.
but for now, just a simple scheduled reminder would make this more powerful.

2. Connect Habits to my daily todo/tasklist
----------------------
(optionally - while I value this feature - others may not)
so if a habit is connected to the tasklist - then it shows up.
the easiest way to seamlessly to this is to add "habits" under the "Show" option. and even better if I can categorize/tag the habits as well.

My two cents. FWIW.
cj

Posted Jan 03, 2015 in: New Section: Habits
Score: 3
  • cj
  • Posted: Jan 03, 2015
  • Score: 3
I just started using "Habits" and am quite excited about the possibilities. For the past 2-3 years I have been trying to get toodledo to perform like this (the Goal-chains were very lacking), and also have a homegrown spreadsheet to do something similar.

While I have many of the same observations others have had - here are a few (hopefully) new and useful ones ...
(please comment or correct me on anything that might already have a solution etc - it might benefit others to know, too).

#1 - some sort of integration with my tasks.
ie.. the daily habits appearing as a category or something (ie... under "show" - a checkmark for "habits")
this way they can appear every day in my todo list

2. Habit reminders
Working like task reminders - or even better, with some sort of period reminder (remind me 3x a day .. etc)

3. For numeric habits ...
while I am sure there is a roadmap and improvements planned - I would find this more useful if

A. the goal chain was BROKEN for the habit - if I did not reach the minimum numeric goal (or max)
ie... if my goal was to write 1,000 words per day - I might enter 650. While I want the habit to be logged, I did not achieve the goal for the day, and it should be reflected.

ie... if my goal was to eat less than 1,800 calories per day - and I entered 2,000 - I still want to log the number but the goal chain should be broken.

from my observations - the goal chain (and associated metrics) are not broken as long as I enter ANY number. Even when I enter 0 - the habit is marked as completed! (obviously it was not).

B. Do more with numbers in the charts.
ie... allow me to see average/day, min.max etc... (I personally would pay for this as a premium feature)

4. wish-list
the ability to email to complete a habit for the day.
(ie like the way I can email and create a task).

----
cj

Posted Sep 21, 2014 in: View by Calendar
  • cj
  • Posted: Sep 21, 2014
"desktop toodledo application" ?? I've been a user for 4-5 years and this is the first I have heard of this. Are you referring to toodledo on the browser or some specific desktop app that runs on windows or mac?
cj

• cj
  • Posted: Jun 29, 2014
Actually - I would prefer a shortcut key too - to toggle nested tasks. There's a huge difference between having to use the mouse and change one of the settings from a dropdown menu, and simply tapping a key.
cj

Posted May 01, 2014 in: Emailing tasks w/longer contexts
  • cj
  • Posted: May 01, 2014
Having lots of trouble getting toodledo to properly file incoming email/tasks in the proper contexts .. why?? because in my setup my contexts are not Single word
eg

Emails & Correspondence
Background Research

so when I email with the subject line using
@Emails & Correspondence
or @Background Research

toodledo does not parse spacing or & properly and context is left blank with the task gets inserted ....

I would rather not rename all my contexts (or folders) ... but could change & to "and"

is there any way I can get this working properly?
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7      Next