ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Salgud"
Salgud

Score: 1
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jan 25, 2017
  • Score: 1
Thanks, Christoph. I was about to switch over myself, but I think I'll wait a bit longer.
Salgud

Posted Jan 24, 2017 in: How can I sequence tasks?
Score: 0
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jan 24, 2017
  • Score: 0
Posted by DSM:
So you have to create a (fake?) parent task to hold your sequence and then order your sequence under the parent. Does this work with the Apps (iOS & Android) as well? Yes, it would be nice to have independent dependencies rather than require the parent. *sigh*

I haven't ever had to create a fake parent task using this method. Whenever I want tasks to be done in a given order, they're always been part of a set that had a logical and needed parent. Yours may be different.
Salgud

Score: 2
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jan 24, 2017
  • Score: 2
Jake, whatever solution you end up with, please make it optional to change. I remember that at one time, when adding new tasks, they simply disappeared and often had to be hunted down to add to or modify. I prefer them being at the top of the list so I can find them easily to make changes before they are swallowed into the void.

Thanks.
Salgud

Posted Jan 20, 2017 in: How can I sequence tasks?
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jan 20, 2017
We usually refer to this as dependencies, and TD really doesn't have this feature, though it has been long requested. The closest one can come right now is if you have a paid version, and therefore subtasks, you can turn on manual ordering in the Subtasks menu in Settings, and then you can manually drag and drop subtasks to order as you will.
Salgud

• Salgud
Posted by Jake:
If you have many saved searches and many tasks, we have discovered that this causes the badges (the counters next to each saved search that say how many tasks are inside) to take a long time to calculate and this slows down the page loading. Salgud, I think this is why your custom hotlist is loading slower. A quick fix would be to disable the badges on saved search like it is now on the current site, but we don't really want to do this. We have some ideas to speed this up and will get it working faster one way or another.

Almost 2200 tasks (only 170+ active), 35 Saved Searches. I guess that probably qualifies. I turned off the counts, didn't seem to make much difference. It is usable as is. I seldom pay attention to the counts, so I won't miss them.
Salgud

• Salgud
Today, any distraction is a good thing! So we have the new TD. I need to caveat my comments by saying I didn't participate in the beta because I just don't do betas with mission critical apps, and TD is as mission critical to my work as it gets. So my comments are just that, and not intended as criticisms or suggestions for change.

First impression, a bit more busy that even the previous one, which is a common complaint about TD. Mostly on the left edge of each task with all the icons. Doesn't bother me, there is more information here and I'll be used to the look in a few days. The Add Task box to the right makes sense, no big deal.

If I have any complaint at all, it's that while my ALL list, which is totally unfiltered and used to take over 20 sec. to appear, now is there in a second or so, while my custom Hotlist, which used to be near instantaneous, now takes over 3 sec. to load! It is my most complex filter, so I'd expect it to be slower than others, but with all the claims about speed, it is disappointing. Not a deal-breaker by any means, but definitely not what I expected.

Overall, I like it just fine. Thank goodness it's not a major redesign as some had hoped, I don't want to have to relearn TD at this stage of my life. That stuff gets so much tougher as you age. A big thanks to Jake and the TD team for some excellent work!
Salgud

Posted Jan 03, 2017 in: Toodledo 2016 - The Year in Review
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jan 03, 2017
A very Good Job!
Salgud

Posted Dec 30, 2016 in: emailing tasks and notes
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Dec 30, 2016
At this time, there is no such feature.
Salgud

Posted Dec 27, 2016 in: Shopping list ?
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Dec 27, 2016
If you're going to do an ad hoc shopping list each week, then TD Lists will work fine. If you prefer to make a master list, then check-off items you need this week, along with separate lists for different stores and many other shopping list features, I suggest you look at Grocery Gadget. Works great.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Dec 16, 2016
Posted by Ummagumma:
Posted by Salgud:

I like that. It makes more sense to me than a separate box, and probably less programming time.

That's what I was proposing, probably not clear enough. I am not asking to add yet another checkbox, but to change the existing one from 2-state to 3-state.

Re-reading your original post, I misinterpreted it. It's a good idea as presented.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Dec 15, 2016
Posted by coolexplorer:
I have been using TD for ages with advanced custom search views, etc, and for the life of me, this is the first time I am hearing of this feature.
Obscure, but thanks. Will try it out.

I recall that it had been a while after I started using TD that I heard about this feature. It really needs to be named better.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Dec 15, 2016
Posted by Ummagumma:
One of the PIMs I used in the past had this feature. It was extremely useful.

Basically, instead of having a 2-state checkbox (empty or checked), you get a 3-state checkbox - empty, with a thick dot in the middle, and checked.

I like that. It makes more sense to me than a separate box, and probably less programming time.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Dec 13, 2016
It seems to me that this is a "Status", rather than a separate click box. The click box, though more accessible, adds more complexity to the interface, and takes up more space (particularly valuable space on a mobile device). Not to mention that an additional Status would require far less programming time.

If you're a fairly flexible kind of thinker, you could just use one of the statuses that you aren't already using, say Planning, and make that you're "In Progress" Status. I recognize that some people can do this, and others find it an abomination. :)

This message was edited Dec 13, 2016.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Dec 12, 2016
As I indicated above, using Permanent Link will get you the parent task and it's subtasks only, and you can batch edit them easily. This abrogates the need to isolate the parent task with a Search to do the batch edit.

This message was edited Dec 12, 2016.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Dec 09, 2016
Over to the left of the task description, just right of the Star, is a blue circle/down arrow. Click on that, and choose "Permanent Link".
Salgud

Posted Dec 08, 2016 in: Can "Search" stay open?
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Dec 08, 2016
I don't believe there is such an option, but someone might come along and make a liar out of me yet again :).

However, I would suggest there might be quicker, easier ways than continually searching for your tasks, which is time consuming and tedious. If you set up some personal Saved Searches, and use those to locate your tasks without having to search, you might find your experience of TD to me faster and easier and less tedious. I see that you're a long-time user, but maybe you aren't using them as yet?
Salgud

Posted Dec 08, 2016 in: Tasks being collapsed
  • Salgud
Over on the extreme right of the dark blue bar, click the downward arrow and select "Open all dividers".
Salgud

Posted Dec 08, 2016 in: Missing tasks
  • Salgud
Have you done a all tasks search? Or, if you remember certain attributes, a Search based solely on those attributes?
Finally, if there are too many tasks to be useful to find those few, do the All Tasks search, then use Control F browser search for key words.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Dec 05, 2016
You can manually order subtasks by changing the settings under Subtask.
Salgud

Posted Nov 28, 2016 in: How to order my tasks
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Nov 28, 2016
If you have a paid subscription, you'll have subtasks enabled. You can enable manual subtask sorting and have what you want. There is no general manual sorting for reasons often described in these forums, if you do a search.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79   80   81      Next