ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by j2020"
j2020

Score: 0
  • j2020
  • Posted: Dec 21, 2009
  • Score: 0
+1 for Android OS.

Lack of a quality Toodledoo interface for Android is the only thing keeping me from switching from iPhone to Droid. The Android OS market is going to see huge growth over the next 12 months now that there are several quality devices available from Verizon and other providers. My prediction is that Android use will eclipse Palm, Windows Mobile and the other non-Apple mobile OS's very quickly.
j2020

Posted Dec 17, 2009 in: Tasks vs Calender events
  • j2020
  • Posted: Dec 17, 2009
I agree with the poster who mentioned Palm Datebook. It gracefully solved the calendar/to-do issue by allowing to-do items to be entered on the calendar as dated or floating events. Becasue they "float" they continue to move to the next day until they are checked off, instead of simply being forgotten if their date already passed. It also gave a tidy layout on the calendar showing events AND dated to-do's for that day, all in one place, integrated and easy to edit.

Frankly, I'm shocked at how poorly calendar events and to-do's are integrated by most products today, since the Palm solution came out over ten years ago. Currently I use Gmail for calendar and Toodledo for to-do's, but I hate that I have no way to see my day at-a-glace without checking multiple websites/applications. The new Toodledo integration with gmail is a step in the right direction, but it is still extremely primitive as it is read only and doesn't run in real time.
j2020

Score: 1
  • j2020
  • Score: 1
I agree 100%. I like this feature, but find the defaults cluttered, and also limiting. For example, my tasks often involve waiting for parts to arrive, so I would like an "Ordered" status. The customizable Context fields work very well. Maybe it could be like that?
j2020

Posted Dec 17, 2009 in: Store Sorted View?
  • j2020
OK thanks. I see now that using the "View By: Context" button at the top of the page has a different effect than clicking "Context" at the top of a column within an existing view. I'll custom sort under the View By buttons and use those. Thanks.

PS- Letting people rename the "View By" buttons would make them more flexible. Some people may not use "Status" at all, but might like two create two different kinds of Context views.

This message was edited Dec 17, 2009.
j2020

Posted Dec 15, 2009 in: Store Sorted View?
  • j2020
  • Posted: Dec 15, 2009
Account type: Pro

I spend most of my time using a Sorted view, which is Folder > Importance > Auto. But sometimes I need to switch to Context view or some other view. Once I do, there is no way to go back to my custom Sorted view with out re-creating it again, as it defaults to a different Sort sequence. Is there a way to store my cutom Sorted view so that it can be accessed as easily as the Context, Due Date, and other tabs?

This message was edited Dec 15, 2009.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3