ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Ob-La-Di+ruben"
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Score: 0
Seeing your post here is a good reminder for me to go check on using goals, too.

There's no way to delete a post, but if memory serves correctly, if you still are in the time window during which "Edit post" is available, if you edit your postings down to NULL, then forum displays, "This posting has been deleted."
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Posted by -J-O-D-:
This is because recently, coloring of the tags has been enabled. If you go to tags settings, you can pick a color from (now limited) set, which colors the background for the tag - and the space you are seeing is then colored.

Hi J-O-D,

Where'd you hear about the coloring of tags feature? I'm asking hoping that there's a general list of all features there so there's an easier place to refer to to know what's going on.

Thanks much!
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Well, that sure sounds painful.

Seems like you're hitting an extreme version of what I spoke of in this thread -

Is Toodledo laggy for everyone?

On a separate note, all day today, it seemed like the time it took to load my full task list was running noticeably slower. The different "xx%" numbers were cycling up more slowly and then there was even what seemed like a new "Loading..." message/prompt displayed.

Hadn't bothered posting about this. Just tried it again now and still seems slower...
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Hi Anant,

If you're going to be in the support ticket code anyways for the above, any chance there could be an update be made so the list of support tickets displays the "last update" date rather than the creation date of the ticket (or both)? Creation date is way less useful of the two when just trying to look over a list of tickets (except perhaps for sort order).

This message was edited Apr 09, 2019.
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Maybe it got fixed?

Just tried it and it created a 5.7 Meg file successfully on Win 7, Firefox
Ob-La-Di+ruben

On a separate note, all day today, it seemed like the time it took to load my full task list was running noticeably slower. The different "xx%" numbers were cycling up more slowly and then there was even what seemed like a new "Loading..." message/prompt displayed.

Hadn't bothered posting about this. Just tried it again now and still seems slower...

-------------

EDIT - just to clarify on the above - the sequence of messages that I see when I reload my full task list (`750 tasks) is

"Loading
Just a moment"

followed by a series of

"Loading xx%
Just a moment" (where xx in "xx%" cycles up to 95 or thereabouts)

followed by

"Loading
Almost there"

which sits there til the page of tasks reloads.

It is this last Loading/Almost there which I don't recall seeing before (or at least it perhaps it was a momentary blip before the task list was displayed. Now at times it just sits there for a few counts (and much longer than any of the others) before the task list reloads.

Are others seeing this slowness? (Am now trying this again (7 1/2 hrs later than when initially posting) and am still seeing the same thing.

Ob-La-Di+ruben

Score: 1
I just went and checked how the date dialog is performing for me and something has definitely changed or is unstable at the moment.

I am only tried task.toodledo.com/main

The lag has increased a lot, basically doubly slower for me most of the time. Rather than counting slowing (but less than a second per iteration) up to almost 3 before, now I can usually count up to 5 or 6 before the dialog goes away (i.e. after moving the mouse out of the date dialog). One time just now the dialog seemed to hang open for even longer (seemed like it was never going away - that was the first time or so that I tried this testing and I wasn't counting). Initially, also, once (or I think twice) the date dialog disappeared as my mouse was in it and went away almost instantaneously before I could even do anything.

I logged out and logged back in and the interminably open dialog and disappearing dialog no longer happened. However, the consistently much slower date dialog (count 5-6) does still occur consistently.

---

Just reloaded page and tried again and still the same much, much slower response time.

-- Perhaps someone wants to go file a support ticket. I'm getting kind of tired out of all this and don't feel like bothering (but would like to make sure that others are seeing the same and it's not only me).

------------

EDIT (Adding 7 1/2 hrs after initially posting):

Am still seeing the same much longer (tho intermittent) delays. While intermittent, the delays happen more often than not (say 70% of the time).

Also, I hadn't mentioned that there is a new, intermittent delay for the date dialog to open (not just close). Before opening was quick, bu now there is sometimes a noticeable lag (perhaps 25% of the time).

Ob-La-Di+ruben

Sure sounds like a regression. Are you using the free version? Otherwise, shouldn't you file a support ticket?

https://www.toodledo.com/info/ticket.php
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Posted Apr 07, 2019 in: Cannot use the letter "L" anymore
Support ticket 72989 filed for this
https://www.toodledo.com/info/ticket.php?view=72989

EDIT - Ticket was filed 12 hrs ago at same time as previous post. Ticket has not been updated. However,
problem no longer reproduces (was it fixed?) and I'm not seeing issues using the "L or l" characters right now.

This message was edited Apr 07, 2019.
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Posted Apr 06, 2019 in: Cannot use the letter "L" anymore
Earlier when the "add task can't type L" problem was reported, I did not see it at that time.

Just now I am running into it for the first time. I currently cannot seem to use upper or lower-case 'L' anywhere. So far I've tried:

1) can't type L/l in task title
2) can't type L/l in search
3) can't type L/l in Note
4) can't type L/l in Add-task

This changes my whole vocabulary.
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Posted by -J-O-D-:
Hm, that' strange. Right now, I can complete a task imediately, and even setting a date via date picker is at once, no 1-2 seconds waiting for the picker to disappear - Chrome, Saturday, evening.

Hmm - you're right. The bad lag on checking off tasks has gone away (not instantaneous like legacy but is quick); I guess that was a temporary thing; had never seen it in all my years on TD before today. Still a bit of a delay in unchecking (more than legacy UI), but oh well.

Still see the same date picker lag as always, though. Definitely more than a second+ tho possibly a bit less than 2. (Can count slowly to 2+ but my iterations are less than a second each, i think)
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Also, to "apois" or anyone -

Toodledo responded on my ticket about laggy dismissal of date dialog and tags dialog windows with a request for me to try out some of their latest changes (about a week ago) and to see if it had gotten better. (They didn't specify whether the changes were in beta or prod but I checked both).

I didn't see any improvement. I don't know if anyone else sees differently. In fact, in beta, there seemed to be an even longer lag, at times, than before but after a few cycles thru the dialogs on different tasks, it appeared to speed up to the same slowness level of prod.
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Posted by Wild Wonders: - March 15
On the computer, clicking the box to mark an item complete was so slow. I could click and then count to two, sometimes 3, before the check mark would show up. On the iPad, the lag time was just as apparent *and* the site kept crashing. Is my experience typical? There's a lot of stuff I like about the new interface, but the lag time makes it completely unworkable for me and my team.

I never saw this lag before when it was originally posted, but today it's started appearing for me too. Check off as completed used to be instantaneous (in new UI) but now I can also count to about past 2 before it completes. (May not have checked off any tasks in last day or so, so can't say exactly when it started appearing)
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Posted Apr 05, 2019 in: Cannot use the letter "L" anymore
Posted by dripke:
No "L" . This is not good. Changes my whole vocabulary.

Don't be so picky. ;-) What's just one letter when there are still 25 others to choose from...

This message was edited Apr 05, 2019.
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Posted Apr 05, 2019 in: need help on "batch edit"
Posted by Purveyor:
Hidden and unintuitive.

Succinctly and well-put.

Ob-La-Di+ruben

Posted by garyo:
Note: holding L also scrolls your list up, if you have a list longer than the browser page. This is a bug. You can't multiselect from your list if it's long.
Multiselect has been my #1 request for many, many years and I'm excited to almost be able to use it.

I see that same problem as well, as I discuss in this other thread (also included above in previous posting). Another user (apois) first noted the problem, but now (in that other thread) he says it's fixed. Not fixed for me.

And I have a different problem no one else seems to see with blocks of text selected (turning blue) along with single task selected (which highlights in yellow) when mouse clicking (also elaborated on in thread mentioned in posting above).

Ob-La-Di+ruben

Posted by luas:
Aaaah, thank you! It should probably say "press and hold" in the blog ;)

That would certainly make it clearer - as would a couple extra words to that effect in the shortcuts "help" which comes up when pressing '?'.

I guess I alone see this other problem? It's screwy block-of-text-selection highlighting when I use batch multi-edit, on either of two computers (win7 or win10 & different browsers) that I point to in my posting here along with the included screenshot.

Batch Edit Problems

Most strange since it seems that I must be doing something wrong since no one else sees this. But just "Push down and hold the 'L' key while clicking left mouse button on tasks to be multi-selected" seems too simple for me to be screwing up.

Ob-La-Di+ruben

We all need as much Schwartz as we can get these days, and I truly hope toodledo gets the biggest helping of all. I have a soft spot in my heart for TD, as well.

Ah, not in the Isles, eh? Yeah, lucky you as the Brits and their Brexit fun seem to be almost in a race with us to try and see who can be more dysfunctional, and here when I thought we had that title completely sewn up with no competition anywhere on the horizon.

But, on another note, how in the world did you pick up such fantastic English? Sure puts the rest of us to shame...

Ob-La-Di+ruben

J-O-D - personally, I kind of like and feel the legacy UI is a bit of a security blanket and I'm happy and basically prefer if the new features are not implemented there and toodledo dev leaves it alone and as is.

Unless there are architectural changes which break the legacy UI (which are no doubt coming too at some point), right now I feel like I have the legacy UI to fall back on when things go haywire in the new UI. And given how it seems like features/new code are regularly rolled out and my sense that there doesn't seem to be a comprehensive, complete set of test suites put together to ensure that a new toodledo code set does not introduce regressions, and my concern that toodledo QA plan could possibly be just running some ad hoc tests upon feature implementation coupled with beta users, I find it comforting to know that I can jump back to legacy if need be. I'll have to put up with some gnats like reverse order of tag cloud (that was our original introduction when you pointed the switchover out to me) but that I can live with if I am otherwise blocked/bothered in the new UI.

Here is a pictorial representation of the discombobulated feeling I'm getting sometimes these days in the topsy turvy toodledo world of late...

Ob-La-Di+ruben

Posted Apr 04, 2019 in: CANT REMOVE TAGS
Hmm, I just tried it with Firefox on Windows10 and it's working ok for me here.

Tried in both production (tasks.toodledo.com) and legacy UI (toodledo.com) and adding and removing tags to/from tasks worked.

I believe you, tho; I'm getting some crazy user experience trying to use "L" (new batch edit) which others aren't seeing.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7      Next