ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by sprouty76"
sprouty76

Score: 3
Trying the mobile site again (still no android app...) and want to report the bugs I find - but there's no option on the ticket thingy for mobile site issues.

I've got a new Nexus 7, and the mobile site is at least usable on that, unlike on my Desire. But it's still very slow.

I agree with the comments above, there's way too much clicking-and-waiting with it - when adding a task, why does it go back to the task list momentarily, then show the other options? If you're going to ask about the various other fields (folder, context, etc) anyway, why not do it on the same page as the task title? Especially as page transitions are so slow. Same goes for the "View tasks by" bit.

And when adding a task, if you click on folder it opens a new page - why not just use a standard drop down box? Same for context, status, etc.

Completing a recurring task from a task list inserts a new one directly below - even if the new task would not be visible or would be in a different section (e.g. the new task might have a lower importance than the just-completed one, and therefore would appear further down when sorting by importance). This is really, really annoying when trying to check off a few tasks in one go.
sprouty76

Posted Jan 09, 2013 in: 4 Pro features now for free
Score: 0
As a pro subscriber, I'd find goals much more useful if they *didn't* have the chains feature! They're very, very difficult to visualise when they're all so spread out.

Even if we could just hide the chains, or something...
sprouty76

Posted Sep 27, 2012 in: Android app supporting start dates
Been using DTG GTD for a while, but I've started using start dates within ToodleDo and DTG GTD really doesn't support them well at all - a task with a due date in the near future will appear in the hotlist even if the start date is also in the future.

Anybody got any recommendations for an app that supports them the same way as ToodleDo itself does i.e., if the start date is in the future it doesn't appear in the task list (unless you deliberately show it)?
sprouty76

Score: 1
Just given it a go on my HTC Desire running android 2.2... and it's going to need some more work before it's usable - it's incredibly sluggish and unresponsive at the moment.

(I'd actually like a proper, official app instead, but it's clear we're never going to get one)
sprouty76

Posted Dec 29, 2011 in: A few bug fixes
Score: -1
Posted by Toodledo:

3) When picking a "quick date" from the due-date or start-date popup, it will now display the correct dates for "today" and "tomorrow" even if you have left your web browser open past midnight.

Ah, that's caught me out several times in the past - good to see that's been resolved.
sprouty76

Posted Dec 29, 2011 in: 2011 In Review
Wish the desire for less clutter was applied to the Goals page... :/
sprouty76

Posted Dec 15, 2011 in: Still no native android app?
Gave DGT GTD a go - no support for Due After, which I use a lot. And even worse, if I set a recurring task as Due After on the website, and mark it as completed in DGT GTD, the next time the task occurs it has lost the Due After even on the website. That breaks how I've got a lot of my tasks setup.

To be honest, I don't want an app that's had sync support for ToodleDo bolted on as an afterthought. I want a dedicated app that supports everything the website does, and the continued lack of an official app is definitely driving me away.

(And what's with the UI? Why does DTG GTD look like an iPhone app?)

This message was edited Dec 15, 2011.
sprouty76

Posted Aug 03, 2011 in: Toodledo Redesign - July 2011 - Part 3
Posted by Scott:
In grid view you can change the note icon to be on the left - it's an option in the settings / show tasks as - area.

Posted by rmwade55:
I'd like to request the ability to move that notes icon. Even if the left panel can be hidden, the whole window won't be in view. Please consider giving the option to move it to the left.

Oh wow, had no idea you could move the notes icon to the left - that's really useful. Cheers!
sprouty76

Posted Jul 28, 2011 in: Toodledo Redesign - July 2011 - Part 2
Now the folders are listed in the sidebar, it'd be cool if we could drag them around in there to re-order them. Just a thought :)

Actually, thinking about it a little more, all of the remaining (i.e. renaming, archiving, making public) current edit folders functionality could be moved into a popup menu next to the folder name in the sidebar. Same for contexts etc.

This message was edited Jul 28, 2011.
sprouty76

Posted Jul 28, 2011 in: Toodledo Redesign - July 2011 - Part 2
That's sorted all of the issues I'd noticed (including one not actually mentioned above - clicking the Tasks tab while i the scheduler didn't take you back to your tasks, but it works now)

Cheers
sprouty76

Posted Jul 27, 2011 in: Toodledo Redesign - July 2011
Oh, another (minor) bug - if you use the task scheduler, there's an arrow pointing to the Tools menu. However, clicking on the Tasks tab at the top doesn't take you back to your tasks like you might expect.
sprouty76

Posted Jul 27, 2011 in: Toodledo Redesign - July 2011
Spotted a bit of a bug:

If you go to (e.g.) the folders view and select an individual folder, then go to the contexts view and select an individual context, then add a task, the new task will have both the folder and context set to what you selected.

Previously, it would only be the context that was set (or the folder if done the other way around).
sprouty76

Posted Jul 26, 2011 in: Toodledo Redesign - July 2011
Score: 2
Oh, the favicon is still the old checkmark :)
sprouty76

Score: 2
I think the icon for when a task has a note needs to stand out more - it's not very distinctive visually.
sprouty76

Liking the lists on the sidebar, makes much more sense given that it needs to be variable length.

I do agree that a little more colour would be welcome, and I also think that starred items need to be a little more prominent.
sprouty76

Agree with some of the other posters re: the goals page being cluttered - I don't use the chain feature, and find it much harder to see what's what on there now.

Time for another custom greasemonkey script, I think.
sprouty76

Posted Jun 28, 2011 in: We want an official Android app !!!
The demise of GotToDo, along with the lack of an official app is going to put me in an awkward position when it comes to deciding whether to renew my Pro membership.

BTW, it probably ought to be taken out of the list of 3rd party apps as it's no longer available if you haven't already downloaded it.
sprouty76

Posted Feb 08, 2011 in: Why is there no Due Time field?
When you're adding a task, there's a field called Due Date / Time - when you click on it you'll get a small box open up with 3 fields at the top:

Duy by / Due on/ Due after / Optionally on menu
Due Date (with a little calendar icon next to it)
Due time (with a little clock icon next to it)

If you don't specify a time, it'll be left empty and the task will be due on the date rather than at a specific time.

You'll also get the same box when you're editting the due date / time of an existing task.

Hope that helps.
sprouty76

Posted Jan 28, 2011 in: Reminders
What I've done is this (it might be useful for others):

Gmail lets you use your gmail address followed by +, then follwed by anything you like and it still arrives in your inbox. So if my email address is [email protected], I can put [email protected] and it still gets to me. I can then filter on anything to that address.

Still, it's not ideal, so it's good to hear you're working on it. Perhaps your help could be ammended to mention this in the meantime, as I spent quite a bit of time trying to figure it out.
sprouty76

Posted Jan 25, 2011 in: Reminders
I currently use ToodleDo with GotToDo on my Android. GotToDo allows reminders on the phone, if they are set for individual tasks. However, it's not possible to actually set reminders unless ToodleDo has been set up with an email address or twitter account to send the reminder to.

I don't really want to be getting reminders in more than one place, so short of setting up a dummy email account for ToodleDo to send its own remidners to, what's the best way to set this up?

I understand that if you're using the iPhone app, you can specify the iPhone as the target for the reminder, can something like that be implemented to allow 3rd party tools to function in the same way?
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4      Next