Score: 0
  • Larry3
  • Posted: Jul 12, 2020
  • Score: 0
Posted by Anant G.:
Posted by max:
Posted by Larry3:
Posted by mightybeech:
Why not just put the old version back. It had been working flawlessly for years.

He may not be able to if it's a 32bit application. I don't think Apple would allow it.

Surely he would have told us by now if that were the case given that so many people have asked?

Already reached out to apple about this and there is no way they can roll back an update. Waiting for their answer on why the data was wiped out so that we can release a stable version in app store.

Thanks, Anant but I have a question. Why would Apple be involved with data loss? Isn't the app only a conduit between the user and Toodledo servers? Or is Apple somehow involved in data transmission?
Larry3

Posted Jul 11, 2020 in: iOS Update - June 2020
  • Larry3
  • Posted: Jul 11, 2020
Posted by mightybeech:
Why not just put the old version back. It had been working flawlessly for years.

He may not be able to if it's a 32bit application. I don't think Apple would allow it.
Larry3

Posted Jul 10, 2020 in: To Toodledo Management..
Score: 2
  • Larry3
  • Posted: Jul 10, 2020
  • Score: 2
Posted by mlb32704:
I disagree. In the past day, Anant has checked in and replied to a user on a specific functionality request. He also posted an update on a beta version with many fixes and a download link in TestFlight. I’m guessing that there are just too many people asking the same things in multiple places on these boards and they don’t know how to reapond.

TD could get ahead of all of this by simply posting a separate topic on updates and the progress in terms of resolving issues specific to updates. They could even lock the topic from discussion and just put it out there, to show what they’re doing and give the implication that they care about their user base without actually soliciting any input from them.

My guess is that they are overwhelmed and inundated with user requests, complaints, posts, etc. and it’s just easier to ignore everyone while they work through resolutions in an undermanned overwhelmed panic. The irony is that if they would simply reach out to the user base and engage their support, they could probably resolve a lot of these issues a lot quicker and more efficiently. But those discussions are above my pay grade, sorry :)

Yes, he's responded to a couple but not enough and not in any organized manner. Don't get me wrong, I want them to succeed and don't want to be a nay-sayer. That he's stuck around may be a good sign but I think he's in over his head on a number of levels (which he alluded to in a post).

You're absolutely right he could get ahead of all this by communicating and controlling the issue. Have you seen how many of the forums the same problems are duplicated recently? He needs one forum where he gives updates - and follows through with commitments and communication which he has promised but not lived up to.

That all being said I do feel a little sorry for him. He commented one time that he has technical background and not management. Now he's doing both. My experience is that technical people don't make great upper managers because management is not their strength or first love. And visa-versa.
Larry3

Posted Jul 09, 2020 in: Outstanding Issues with New iOS Update
  • Larry3
  • Posted: Jul 09, 2020
Posted by mfmadsen_2:
One of my favorite things about Toodledo on iPad or web is that it calculates the amount of time to all my tasks for that day in hot list. Does task angel do that?

I don't think so. At least not that I've ever seen and I've been using for several years.
Larry3

Posted Jul 09, 2020 in: Outstanding Issues with New iOS Update
  • Larry3
Posted by mfmadsen_2:
Can I transfer my tasks from Toodledo to task angel?

Yes. Task Angel uses Toodledo as back end.
Larry3

Posted Jul 09, 2020 in: To Toodledo Management..
  • Larry3
I don't think they read these forums very often. If they do, they don't respond. Reading into their lack of communication I don't think they really care or now they realize they are in over their heads.
Larry3

Posted Jul 09, 2020 in: Toodledo App is Missing from App Store
  • Larry3
I suggest you check the other forums. There's quite a lot of discussion on this issue. Workaround seems to be go to your Apple account and re-download last version you purchased.
Larry3

Posted Jun 06, 2020 in: Hiding completed tasks
  • Larry3
  • Posted: Jun 06, 2020
I'm not having a problem either.

As side note, I am in toodledo.com/tasks not tasks.toodledo.com. I loaded both and can't see any significant difference. Both hide completed. Why the to web addresses? Would that impact back end filters depending on browser?
Larry3

Posted Jun 01, 2020 in: We’re Back
  • Larry3
  • Posted: Jun 01, 2020
You couldn't find https://www.toodledo.com? I didn't have any problem.

I know a lot of people like RTM over Todoist but I'm not sure why and would be interested in why RTM is better.

I purchased the premium for both RTM and Todoist for a year and settled on Todoist. I liked its integration with Amazon Alexa better which is important to me.
Larry3

Posted Jun 01, 2020 in: how do I unsync
  • Larry3
  • Posted: Jun 01, 2020
I'm guessing they meant you should disconnect syncing in settings via log out and then re-login. I assume you'll get a message asking if you want to reset and download from their servers. I don't know which app you're using and i don't use Toodledo's app so I can't be sure about the last part. I do know from experience that logging out and then logging back in in does fix syncing.
Larry3

Posted May 20, 2020 in: Due Dates in Web Interface
  • Larry3
  • Posted: May 20, 2020
I don't use the web too much but noticed that when I checked today there are two options on how to display tasks, Grid and Multi-Line. Are you seeing Multi-Line view? I don't see anywhere to change column headings except when changing to Grid view and add/delete columns. Once set there the due date should show even if you change back to Multi-line. You can change view by clicking on the down arrow to the far right of the sorting options.
Larry3

• Larry3
  • Posted: Mar 07, 2020
There's a post from Andrew in the Taskangel topic that indicates Toodledo has changed their security so that those running Win 7 will not be able to connect. You may want to check that thread and contact support direct to see if that applies to you.
Larry3

Posted Mar 02, 2020 in: Toodledo crash
  • Larry3
  • Posted: Mar 02, 2020
You probably would be better to contact support direct (maybe). Toodledo personnel don't usually visit these forums so I doubt you'll get an official reply.
Larry3

Posted Feb 27, 2020 in: TaskAngel
  • Larry3
  • Posted: Feb 27, 2020
I'd suggest you contact Task Angel direct. He's very responsive so I'd expect a quick answer.
Larry3

Posted Feb 17, 2020 in: Toodledo Update August 2019
Score: 2
  • Larry3
  • Posted: Feb 17, 2020
  • Score: 2
As far as anyone can tell Toodledo is a dead product. It appears that it's in auto mode which means it's working on its own with no involvement from any human.

Billing, technical questions, and development have all stalled with no responses from owners.
Larry3

Posted Jan 26, 2020 in: Adding task via IFTT
  • Larry3
  • Posted: Jan 26, 2020
DrFrankBuck, for some reason your posts aren't displayed.
Larry3

Posted Dec 17, 2019 in: Pros/Cons of Alternatives to Toodledo.
  • Larry3
  • Posted: Dec 17, 2019
@DrFrankBuck - I see on the forum main page you posted to this forum 2 days ago but your post is not shown here. I don't know why but your posts don't show for me and when I clicked on your name to show all posts recent posts aren't shown.

Some others have commented that they couldn't see your posts in the past so I don't know if anyone else is still having this problem.

This message was edited Dec 17, 2019.
Larry3

Posted Dec 17, 2019 in: sync with other apps
  • Larry3
  • Posted: Dec 17, 2019
Are you on basic plan? If so the new basic plan doesn't work with third party apps.

If on paid plan I have seen where marking complete does not always mark complete online but I never figured out why. It's a bug that comes and goes. I haven't seen it for awhile though.
Larry3

Posted Dec 12, 2019 in: task alarms have quit working
  • Larry3
  • Posted: Dec 12, 2019
Posted by n_a_yuen:
I'm basic level, but it had been working. Was it recently removed as a feature if on basic level?

I'm not on basic now so I can't be sure that's the problem. The plans changed earlier this year so if you've had Basic for a long time that's probably not it.

It could also be something's going on with the servers in which case you should probably create a support ticket.
Larry3

Posted Dec 10, 2019 in: task alarms have quit working
  • Larry3
  • Posted: Dec 10, 2019
Are you on the Basic level? If so, that may be the issue.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4      Next