ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Joyce"
Joyce

Posted Feb 26, 2013 in: iOS app update - 3.0.2
Score: 1
  • Joyce
  • Posted: Feb 26, 2013
  • Score: 1
Yikes! I'm glad I hung fire on this. I'll be watching.
Joyce

Posted Feb 11, 2013 in: Toodledo for iOS downgraded
  • Joyce
  • Posted: Feb 11, 2013
It is brighter and easier to read, The orange tabs in the corner are still a little indistinct and hard to see the difference between tho colors or why they might be there.
Joyce

Posted Feb 09, 2013 in: Note icon on toodledo website
Score: 0
  • Joyce
  • Posted: Feb 09, 2013
  • Score: 0
Actually there is an icon that represents notes attached to a task, it's a rectangle with horizontal lines in it, one line means no note and three means there is a note. This is in the left hand columns just before the text of the task.
Joyce

Posted Feb 01, 2013 in: Repeat tasks
  • Joyce
  • Posted: Feb 01, 2013
Just to the right of the quick add is the word "Show" click on that, it will drop a box that will give you the option to "hide Future" if you do that tasks that are not due on that day will not show. so once you do a bunch and refresh screen your 'completed for the day' task will not show.
Joyce

Posted Feb 01, 2013 in: Strange question about Goals
  • Joyce
Ticket created, Thank you.
Joyce

Posted Feb 01, 2013 in: Strange question about Goals
  • Joyce
When I have a goal attached to a task and use the iOS version the goal gets removed from the task when I'm looking at it on the website. For me this isn't a huge issue but if I was trying to use goal chains it would upset me a lot.
Joyce

Posted Jan 31, 2013 in: Toodledo for iOS downgraded
  • Joyce
  • Posted: Jan 31, 2013
While I understand your point MCO I also have seen Toodledo work some projects that have left me scratching my head. Like the facebook/twitter thing and some of the charts and graphs.

By and large it might be less frustrating for us if they did show us where they were placing resources so we would understand if our desired one was close to completion or "Don't Hold Your Breath" or "Someday"
Joyce

Posted Jan 25, 2013 in: Pocket Informant Sync Issue
  • Joyce
  • Posted: Jan 25, 2013
Edit because I solved it by stopping and dumping the TD sync then readding it

This message was edited Jan 25, 2013.
Joyce

Posted Jan 23, 2013 in: Summarizing Methods for Time Management
  • Joyce
  • Posted: Jan 23, 2013
How about a home management system, which was what brought me to use Toodledo in the first place.

http://www.flylady.net/ This site explains it thoroughly but what the site does is guide folks from domestic CHAOS (Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome) to a point where the home is reasonably clean and reasonably organized without the tears or usually the backsliding involved in this. It also helps people who are too perfectionist about this stuff to a place where they can live in a home instead of a museum.

She touts a website called Cozi which has a powerful shopping list tool and a few other things but I think Toodledo makes a far more powerful "Control Journal" plus Toodledo is a lot more stable than Cozi most of the time. Better yet, no ads.
Joyce

Posted Jan 17, 2013 in: Toodledo for iOS downgraded
  • Joyce
  • Posted: Jan 17, 2013
Looking forward to it!!
Joyce

Posted Jan 15, 2013 in: Rearrange order of tasks
  • Joyce
  • Posted: Jan 15, 2013
For others looking at this thread in the future.

I force task order with an alphabet sort and numbers for tasks. So my contexts are times(Morning, afternoon, evening, and today)and places/events (work, preparing for a trip) and I number things to get them in the order I want them.
Joyce

Posted Jan 15, 2013 in: Checklists
  • Joyce
Posted by JPR:
Posted by Jc_1331507181:
What do you mean by text note checklist?

It's just a simple list in the note of a task. Here is an example of a "text note checklist":

Create each item on a new line
Select all text
Copy all text
Click on Add Subtask
Click on Add Multiple Tasks
Paste Text
Click Save
Enjoy your checklist in subtask form

Can I do this for regular tasks? I don't have subtasks because I don't use all of toodledo's features for free. I have a list that can be used as often as twice a week and as seldom as every few months.

Is there any way a note can be set up so as to fall into a particular folder or context?

OK, I made a test case and...wow that's freaking amazing! Thank you! Thank You and THANK YOU!

This message was edited Jan 15, 2013.
Joyce

• Joyce
Yes, please don't role this out without an option to stay with the words :)
Joyce

Posted Jan 14, 2013 in: Toodledo for iOS downgraded
  • Joyce
  • Posted: Jan 14, 2013
Some of the "minor bugs" rendered it unusable for folks. My filters didn't work properly and I can see how some people found it difficult to read.

I'm wondering how the work is going to fix the issues?
Joyce

Posted Jan 09, 2013 in: Notes Formatting
  • Joyce
  • Posted: Jan 09, 2013
They had it in the iOS update that was withdrawn, so I'm sure it will be back. The html tags work in the browsers fine.
Joyce

Posted Jan 09, 2013 in: Repeating annual task.
  • Joyce
OK, I'm more comfortable with it now. Thanks
Joyce

Posted Jan 09, 2013 in: Repeating annual task.
  • Joyce
So, If I set up a task that starts on January first and is due on March 30th and I tell it to repeat from due date will it repopulate to run from January 2014 or from March 30 2014?

I looked for this in search but the thread had been closed due to age. The answer wasn't clear to me, although I may possibly be rather dense. :/
Joyce

Posted Jan 03, 2013 in: Toodledo Intro videos
  • Joyce
  • Posted: Jan 03, 2013
I was finally able to watch these videos and they are excellent! More please!!
Joyce

Posted Dec 15, 2012 in: Note Taking Tips plus other questions
  • Joyce
  • Posted: Dec 15, 2012
It's really hard to get organized when you aren't used to it.

It's really common to bite off more than you can chew.

What typically works is to develop a simple daily routine and do it. then as you add things to it they will fall into place more easily.

And yes. a calender is at the center of it and Toodledo goes along side.

This fossil used a 5 subject notebook with papers in the pockets when I was in college the first time. The second time I was getting a lot of worksheets and pre-printed notes. I used 3 ring binders to contain it. They work very well to contain that sort of thing and keep it in order.

Good luck. and remember...a step at a time...
Joyce

Posted Dec 14, 2012 in: Note Taking Tips plus other questions
  • Joyce
  • Posted: Dec 14, 2012
Well...like I said, I'm a fossil.

Probably you need to go class by class and enter assignments. If it's all largely on line you need to create a link in the actual task note (I hope you know how to do that) to the class website or wherever the meat of the assignment is.

You also need a calendar. I use google's because I can access it from wherever and on my iPhone. I'm sure it would be accessible from almost any smartphone as well. All appointments need to go in there as well as classes and work schedules and you need to look at it twice a day. Once first thing in the morning and once, last thing before bed. You can get Google to remind you where you're supposed to be in advance as well.

When you are setting up your calendar you also should explore google drive. It's what they now call google docs. Show yourself how to get a regular document going as well as a spread sheet if that works for you. Play with it. link to it, link from it. all the stuff, until you can make it do tricks. I can't imagine how you couldn't be more facile with that stuff than I am...

Now the most important thing? You are building new habits, start with looking at the calendar twice every day and, when you look in the evenings make a plan for the next day. even if all it is is a plan for when you're going to do organization work and when you're going to hang with your friends or go skiing. The important thing is to DO it. Look at the calendar.

You will add looking at Toodledo twice a day or more...but the calender should be the hub, toodledo is where you fit all those things that you wouldn't write on the calendar for space.

Don't think this will all happen right away...it takes time to build routines.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6      Next