ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by mlb32704"
mlb32704

Posted Sep 22, 2023 in: Issue with iOS 17.0.1 Update
Score: 0
  • mlb32704
  • Posted: Sep 22, 2023
  • Score: 0
And more information - I have tested Toodledo out thoroughly with iOS 17.0.1 on an iPad 8G, no issues whatsoever. This is strictly an iPhone issue. Hopefully it's not just MY iPhone :) Seriously, the app is not functional on my iPhone, I need help getting this fixed ASAP, thanks.
mlb32704

Score: 3
  • mlb32704
  • Score: 3
More information - it is happening much more often now, and happens any time I make any change to any task. So far, I have completely deinstalled/reinstalled the app on my iPhone. Which actually made things worse. Presently the iOS app is unusable. This needs to be addressed asap.
mlb32704

Score: 2
  • mlb32704
  • Score: 2
I updated my iPhone 12 to iOS version 17.0.1, everything is working fine except for the Toodledo application.

When I move the due date on any Task, the iOS application just shuts down. It does perform the move, but then it quits.

Please fix, thank you.

This message was edited Sep 22, 2023.
mlb32704

Posted Aug 24, 2023 in: Slow page loads/actions
  • mlb32704
  • Posted: Aug 24, 2023
We are noticing a definite slowdown today, especially on the desktop version. Refresh rate is ridiculously slow. The iOS app is better but not by much. And this has been going on pretty much for the last few weeks on and off. What is going on?
mlb32704

Posted Jun 23, 2023 in: Apple Watch App
  • mlb32704
  • Posted: Jun 23, 2023
I've been asking for an update on the current non-functional Toodledo app for Apple Watch for years. I've been getting generalized updates that it's on the way, in the next beta, just around the corner, etc. for years. Will we ever see an updated Apple Watch app for Toodledo?
mlb32704

Score: 4
  • mlb32704
  • Posted: Jan 09, 2023
  • Score: 4
Since the January 8th scheduled maintenance "to support upgrades to the foundation of Toodledo and enable future improvements", Toodledo has been maddeningly slow to sync and update, and now I'm getting a 504 Gateway timeout on the Web based version. I can add and check off tasks on my iOS apps, but I can't sync or update. I have to literally go out, come back in, see that something is added or checked off, and trust that Toodledo is syncing repeating tasks and the like.

I don't want to salt anyone's wounds here, but this is totally unacceptable. I've been a Toodledo user for what, 20 years plus, and I cannot remember a planned update that took Toodledo down after the fact, ever. We all rely on Toodledo's uptime performance much more than any bells and whistles that you could possibly be adding to an app that quite frankly looks and works great as is. Before making any improvements to Toodledo, you need to make sure that whatever you're planning on doing to improve it isn't going to bring Toodledo down to the point that it can't be used when it's back after the update.

Please fix Toodledo. Thanks.
mlb32704

Posted Aug 10, 2022 in: Apple Watch Sync
  • mlb32704
  • Posted: Aug 10, 2022
I've been asking for an update to the non-functioning Apple Watch app for Toodledo for YEARS. I was told earlier this year that it's on the roadmap for future development but that's about it.
mlb32704

Posted Aug 10, 2022 in: Apple Watch App?
  • mlb32704
  • Posted: Aug 10, 2022
Any update on the status of a functional Apple Watch app for Toodledo?
mlb32704

Posted Feb 17, 2022 in: Apple Watch App?
  • mlb32704
  • Posted: Feb 17, 2022
Posted by PamelaH:
Posted by mlb32704:
Posted by PamelaH:
We are planning this Apple Watch support to be in the next version of the mobile app in early 2022 (it may not be in the initial beta release, but will be released soon after)

Do we have an updated time frame on this?

We are hoping to release the first beta to our "experts group" in about a month or so. If you haven't joined our experts group and would like to, please send an email to [email protected] with the subject line "Toodledo Experts Group"

Sorry for the belated response. I just sent an email per your instructions. I would love to help beta test the Apple Watch app, please keep me posted and let me know what I need to do. Thanks!
mlb32704

Posted Feb 04, 2022 in: Apple Watch App?
  • mlb32704
  • Posted: Feb 04, 2022
Posted by PamelaH:
We are planning this Apple Watch support to be in the next version of the mobile app in early 2022 (it may not be in the initial beta release, but will be released soon after)

Do we have an updated time frame on this?
mlb32704

Posted Sep 10, 2021 in: Apple Watch App?
  • mlb32704
  • Posted: Sep 10, 2021
Thank you and please keep us updated on this.
mlb32704

Posted Aug 27, 2021 in: Apple Watch App?
Score: 1
  • mlb32704
  • Posted: Aug 27, 2021
  • Score: 1
Now that we've got some actual technical leadership for Toodledo again, I wanted to ask this question, again...

What is/are the status/future plans for the Apple Watch app for Toodledo? Right now it simply exists, but it most definitely does not work. If I go into it on my Watch, it just tells me "congratulations, your list is empty" when it obviously is anything but. It would be nice to just have a rolling list with basic information for my tasks that are due on any given day. I'm sure the powers that be have other priorities right now and that's fine but I've been asking for this one for YEARS (check previous posts on the subject). The previous management team finally rolled something out that is simply (fill in the blank with a nasty word).

Thanks for your continued attention to this.
mlb32704

• mlb32704
  • Posted: Aug 27, 2021
Sorry for the belated follow up. I don't have a way to reproduce the issue, and I notice that as older repeating tasks are rolling off, the issue goes away. So for the time being I'm set but if it comes up again I will post here. Thank you.
mlb32704

Posted Jul 21, 2021 in: DISCUSS ALTERNATIVES TO TOODLEDO
  • mlb32704
  • Posted: Jul 21, 2021
With the new ownership team in place, and forums back up and running, I would suggest tabling this discussion until Toodledo is given the chance to prove itself again. I am hopeful that we are looking at better things from Toodledo in the near future.
mlb32704

• mlb32704
Now that we finally have forums up and running again, I only have one current issue with Toodledo.

Many times my tasks will be mismatched across devices (i.e. iPhone, iPad, Windows 10 computer). Many times added or deleted items will show up on one device but not another. This specifically seems to happen with repeating tasks, and even more specifically to iOS devices. If I try to modify or check off an existing repeating task on an iOS device, most time it will not take, I have to make that modification on a computer instead. This issue doesn't seem to affect the creation of new repeating tasks, on any of those devices, just existing ones.

Would appreciate someone on the new technology team taking a look at this. I'll be glad to provide further information, logs, etc. as needed.

Thank you.
mlb32704

Score: 3
  • mlb32704
  • Score: 3
Wow, this is GREAT news!

I am a longtime happy Toodledo user and forum participant. Love the product, not so much everyone associated with it since Jake left. I use Toodledo for the basics, but I use it each and every day. It took me months to get Remember the Milk and Simple Note set up to the point that I could use it, if and when Toodledo ever pulled the plug. Which at least for now sounds like it isn't happening anytime soon. I am glad to hear that Pink Java is out of the picture, they were useless and non-responsive. The final straw for a lot of users was turning off these Forums, that was just uncalled for, unprofessional and an outright slap in the face of the user base. I am hopeful that the new team will take a good look at the current product (which is perfectly fine imho), keep the things that work and make sense, and leverage Toodledo's loyal and long term user base to help make improvements where needed. Most importantly, I hope that the lines of communication will remain open in terms of updates from ownership, requests from the user base, etc. Of course if there is anything that I can do individually to help, please just ask.

Famous last words but I'm thinking that any new ownership has to be better than Pink Java, right? :)
mlb32704

Posted Mar 19, 2021 in: DISCUSS ALTERNATIVES TO TOODLEDO
Score: 1
  • mlb32704
  • Posted: Mar 19, 2021
  • Score: 1
Posted by jsreedcpa:
Posted by oletros:
Posted by dotparker:
I'm also holding out hope for a Toodledo renaissance. I've tried about a dozen others (including paying for them). Nothing compares to Toodledo.

Toodledo is dead, accept the fact and move on

So go away! Why are you still here?

Seriously...I could not agree more. With so much negativity around these days for obvious reasons, why come here to create some unnecessarily? I would hope that anyone who comes to these boards at this point is looking for alternatives but still has a vested interested in seeing Toodledo continue as is or get bought out and improved or whatever. But there's really no reason to come here and post comments like that. Why would you waste your time doing that? Just...go away :)
mlb32704

• mlb32704
  • Posted: Feb 26, 2021
There are now several different discussions about Toodledo, happening on several different platforms outside of Toodledo.

Regardless of what those discussions are (i.e. general, technical, alternatives, etc.), as a group, I would strongly suggest that we each weigh in and vote on where you would like to see these discussions hosted. Some possibilities might include Quora, Reddit, Google, Yahoo, etc. but there are others.

I personally don't care where those discussions are hosted, but I do care about getting to one solution that is easy to access, easy to use, and free.

My vote goes for Quora, as I have already set up a forum there:

https://www.quora.com/q/toodledoalternativesdiscussion

But I will use whatever everyone decides on.

Please weigh in with your vote, so we can get to some sort of consensus and settle on something soon. Hopefully before Toodledo decides to pull the plug, if and whenever that happens.
mlb32704

Posted Feb 26, 2021 in: DISCUSS ALTERNATIVES TO TOODLEDO
  • mlb32704
Posted by creinhard:
There is an outside discussion forum, you'd need to create a Slack account to access

https://td-user-coop.slack.com/?redir=%2Fmessages

It's not an overly active forum.. yet :D

I had a very difficult time setting up and accessing this forum on Slack, and I've since deleted my account entirely. Slack is geared towards workplace team forums, not a discussion like this. I would not recommend continuing to use Slack as the solution to support a discussion forum on Toodledo. It sounds like there are several discussion forums out there already, so we just need to condense to just one and pick a hosting solution that is intuitive, easy enough for everyone to access and participate in, and free. I don't care if it's Quora, Reddit, Google or some other common, easy to use solution, but Slack is not the right solution for this.

Look for another post from me shortly, asking everyone to weigh in on the best hosting solution for one Toodledo discussion forum outside of Toodledo.
mlb32704

Posted Feb 26, 2021 in: DISCUSS ALTERNATIVES TO TOODLEDO
  • mlb32704
Posted by signup1917:
Does TaskAngel have a user forum? TA is my backup and goto if/when Toodledo goes away. I am having a few issues with getting saved searches to work properly.

Thanks

To the best of my knowledge, Task Angel does not have a user forum. However, the developer is quite active and responsive, if you have any specific questions or issues, I would suggest reaching out to him directly. His email address can be found at the bottom of all pages on the Task Angel Web site.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13      Next