ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by mlb32704"
mlb32704

Posted Nov 30, 2020 in: Can't Modify Old and/or Repeating Tasks
Score: 0
  • mlb32704
  • Posted: Nov 30, 2020
  • Score: 0
Based on a number of messages I've read through in the Forum, I'm not counting on a response to this anytime soon but still putting it out there.

I've noticed a bug of sorts with regards to old and/or repeating tasks. For no reason whatsoever, and with no pattern or rhyme or reason, I'll modify or mark complete an existing task, only to see the original unmodified task right back in my uncomplete queue. Most of the time it seems to happen with repeating tasks, but I've also had it happen a number of times with non-repeaters. There is no solution, the solution is to delete the task and reinput it from scratch. More than a pain than anything.

Hopefully someone someday can follow up on this.
mlb32704

Posted Sep 25, 2020 in: Red Dot Over Settings on iOS App
  • mlb32704
  • Posted: Sep 25, 2020
Since the last release, there is a red dot over "Settings". It used to be a nag screen to get you to subscribe to one of the paid subscriptions but "subscriptions" no longer has that red dot. Anyone thinking of getting rid of the red dot over "settings"? It's annoying. Thanks.
mlb32704

Posted Sep 25, 2020 in: Apple Watch App
Score: 2
  • mlb32704
  • Posted: Sep 25, 2020
  • Score: 2
Repeat of a previous post, switching from "discussion" to "bug"...

So Toodledo finally released a new Apple Watch app, and it flat out doesn't work. At one point early on after installing, I got a list of old outstanding tasks. Since then including this morning, it just shows the word "Hotlist" up top with the comment "Great job, Hotlist empty" in the middle. And that's it. Obviously my Hotlist is not empty. Is there something that I need to change on the iOS or Web-based app side in terms of settings to make current Hotlist items appear on the Apple Watch? Is anyone out there listening or providing support on this?
mlb32704

Posted Aug 28, 2020 in: Apple Watch App?
  • mlb32704
  • Posted: Aug 28, 2020
The Apple Watch App for Toodledo shows me a Hotlist from a month ago. It never updates. What's the story?
mlb32704

Posted Jul 14, 2020 in: Repeating Task Details Cut Off
  • mlb32704
  • Posted: Jul 14, 2020
At first glance of today’s update, there’s still a lot of wasted space horizontally, too much space is assigned to each data point within a task. For me, that means pushing repeating tasks data all the way to the right and literally cutting off information. What I see now is “Every 1” or “Every 2” or just “Every”, can’t tell if it’s days weeks months etc. Please fix, thanks.
mlb32704

Posted Jul 10, 2020 in: To Toodledo Management..
  • mlb32704
  • Posted: Jul 10, 2020
I disagree. In the past day, Anant has checked in and replied to a user on a specific functionality request. He also posted an update on a beta version with many fixes and a download link in TestFlight. I’m guessing that there are just too many people asking the same things in multiple places on these boards and they don’t know how to reapond.

TD could get ahead of all of this by simply posting a separate topic on updates and the progress in terms of resolving issues specific to updates. They could even lock the topic from discussion and just put it out there, to show what they’re doing and give the implication that they care about their user base without actually soliciting any input from them.

My guess is that they are overwhelmed and inundated with user requests, complaints, posts, etc. and it’s just easier to ignore everyone while they work through resolutions in an undermanned overwhelmed panic. The irony is that if they would simply reach out to the user base and engage their support, they could probably resolve a lot of these issues a lot quicker and more efficiently. But those discussions are above my pay grade, sorry :)
mlb32704

Posted Jul 10, 2020 in: Looks like TD is working on it
  • mlb32704
I found this one under “News”, towards the end of a long discussion on issues that everyone is encountering with the latest update. Looks like this one got completely lost in the shuffle of tons of user posts in both “News” and “Questions”, and at this point lot of people are asking the same questions in different posts.

I would strongly suggest NOT downloading/testing the beta version unless you’re familiar with TestFlight and really know what you’re doing. You should probably wait for the officially released update of fixes to these issues. But I wanted to help TD by showing that they are actually trying to do something about this. Seems like on top of everything else, TD has a big time communications problem...

Posted by Anant G.:
I have updated the beta link now in the thread. It solves most of the open bugs apart from Notes sorting order. That build is still under verification on Apple. We will roll out an update as soon as we have done all the tests internally.

Just make sure you synchronize all your data to website first from Settings --> Synchronization. Then delete your old app and install the new one.

Here is the link to testflight again : https://testflight.apple.com/join/IOcArkMs
mlb32704

Posted Jul 10, 2020 in: Editing column width for Lists
  • mlb32704
Anant, somehow you found the time to respond to one person’s very specific functionality request, but you are yet to respond to a large number of Toodledo users’ questions and/or bug reports regarding issues with the latest update?

Come on.

Posted by Anant G.:
Posted by scarletth.acct:
Is there any way to adjust the column width for lists? For instance, the title may be very long and I want to make it larger to make all the words visible (similar to dragging the columns in Excel to wrap the text).

On tasks.toodledo.com, take your cursor here : https://prnt.sc/tf0my6 and you will be able to adjust the width of the column.
mlb32704

Score: 1
  • mlb32704
  • Score: 1
Please review other posts in Questions on this topic. You need to resync your mobile device after this latest update in order to get your tasks back.
mlb32704

Posted Jul 10, 2020 in: Outstanding Issues with New iOS Update
  • mlb32704
I have not seen the duplicates error syncing with Task Angel that some of you mention. I am so sorry if I created further issues for any of you, obviously that was not my intention. I’m not taking any chances, I just deleted Task Angel everywhere. Now I’m just waiting patiently for Toodledo to wake up and fix these issues. I am using the Toodledo Web page bookmarked on the home screen of my iOS devices in the mean time. It’s anything but ideal, but it does work.
mlb32704

Posted Jul 09, 2020 in: To Toodledo Management..
  • mlb32704
  • Posted: Jul 09, 2020
The new iOS update is an absolute nightmare.

While you sort through the many issues, why not roll everyone back to the previous release?
mlb32704

Posted Jul 09, 2020 in: Outstanding Issues with New iOS Update
  • mlb32704
Posted by mfmadsen_2:
Can I transfer my tasks from Toodledo to task angel?

Yes, I did it without issue.
mlb32704

Posted Jul 09, 2020 in: Sorting not working
  • mlb32704
All that I can tell you is that I’m having the exact same problem, I’m guessing that others are having the exact same problem, and Toodledo is yet to respond to this issue in any way shape or form.

I sort by due date then tag. When I’m using the iOS app since the update, in order to get it to sort correctly, I have to manually select the sort criteria each and every time I enter/exit the app. It does not retain my sort selections.

Toodledo has put us all in a real bind. For now, I’ve bookmarked the Toodledo Web page on my iPhone, and I’m exploring some other options like Remember the Milk and Task Angel.

Good luck!
mlb32704

Posted Jul 06, 2020 in: Outstanding Issues with New iOS Update
  • mlb32704
  • Posted: Jul 06, 2020
Posted by jzamoras:
I the meantime, try taskangel app for iOS.

Task Angel = very slick! I like it, it seems to do everything that Toodledo does, synced up very fast, gotta pay $1 if you want notes lol I think that I can handle that. My one beef so far would be no visual separation between tasks for different days, like Toodledo, but that is not a showstopper. Again, thanks so much for the heads up.
mlb32704

• mlb32704
Posted by jzamoras:
I the meantime, try taskangel app for iOS.

Wow, thanks for the heads up. Will do, very much appreciated.
mlb32704

Score: 2
  • mlb32704
  • Score: 2
This is a running list of issues that I have encountered since the latest iOS update:

- With a lot of trial and error, I was able to sort my tasks correctly again. I sort by tags within dates. However, every time that I enter or exit the Toodledo iOS application, the application resorts my tasks incorrectly. So I have to literally select "Sort", then open the 1st sorting criteria and hit done, each and every time, to get the tasks to display correctly. Right now, this is my top issue, and it is forcing me to temporarily use the Toodledo Web page on my iPhone instead of this newly updated iOS app.

- Under each task there is now a huge amount of empty space for an attached note. This is useless and distracting.

- Nagging red icon under Settings to buy a subscription? No thanks. How do I get rid of it?

- All notes have a huge amount of space in the actual note contents before any actual words, but when I click on the note to delete the extra space, in edit mode, the note looks fine. It just displays outside of edit mode with the space, there is no way to fix this.

- Some tasks are shaded in blue, others are white. No rhyme or reason no pattern it makes no sense and it is very distracting.

- Sorting in Notes is broken...alphabetically my notes now run A-Z, with all of my notes that start with lower case letters (i.e. eBay, iPhone, etc.) at the end of the list. Like the major Tasks sorting issue that I previously mentioned, the Notes display incorrectly until I tap on the first sort criteria, which I have to do each and every time that I enter or exit the Notes section of the iOS app. But unlike Tasks sorting, I cannot get those lower case letter items to display in correct order, even after I have updated the sort criteria.

- Specific Repeat information (e.g. Daily, Every Monday, etc.) has disappeared from individual Task items, I have to select a Task to see that detail.

These are additional issues that my wife has encountered:

- Hundreds of old tasks got added to the app that she’s going to have to review and work through
- App is not syncing with tasks beyond today.
- No folders for tasks in the app.
- No notes synced in the app.

And now, the soap box speech....

I have been using Toodledo for 15 years give or take. I use it for the basics, but my wife and I depend on those basics in terms of organizing and managing our daily lives. This is by far the worst iOS app update that I have ever seen. I have been somewhat removed from these forums for a while, but I am absolutely shocked at the number and extent of complaints from users both new and old, as well as the complete lack of response from Toodledo to these issues. I have been mostly happy with Toodledo throughout the years, and I've never had a reason to shop around until now. The fact is that Toodledo no longer shows up in casual Google searches for the "best task manager", or "best GTD application" or even "best task list". It was hard dealing with Jake, but Jake cared both personally and professionally about Toodledo and its customers, he listened and responded to issues, and took action across a wide range of customer needs versus wants. I just don't see any of this happening from Toodledo anymore, and I'm concerned that this might be the beginning of the end. Which is a shame, because the legacy of this app and its customer base is really something special, I would hate to continue seeing it go in the direction that it is going.

I do come from an IT background, but it doesn't take an IT person or rocket scientist to understand the basics here - you've got to thoroughly test an application update before even thinking about releasing it to the general public. And you never ever do an update like this without advanced notice to the customer base, and you never ever do it on a holiday weekend. That's just basic common sense.

Bottom line - this new update is an unmitigated disaster.

Oh and the Apple Watch app? The one that we've been waiting on for years? It's beyond useless. Who needs a running list of their Hotlist items, which you have to click on individually to get minimal data about? It looks awful, and provides little value. We've all waited a long time for the new Watch app to happen, we can wait a little longer. Back to the drawing board on that one, maybe put it on the back burner of priorities until you get these iOS update issues squared away.

This message was edited Jul 07, 2020.
mlb32704

Posted Jul 06, 2020 in: Update????
  • mlb32704
Posted by mike9365:
This may or may not be the right place to post this question, but it is associated with the update and comments...
I've been a user of Toodledo for about 10 years now. I'm not a "power user"; but I am dependent on the app, primarily to keep track of events. So, I had a subscription and one time, then rolled back to the free version, which mostly serves my needs. I'm not opposed to paying, but just haven't needed the features.

So, I see and IOS update but it doesn't work nad, in fact, I can't even find Toodledo in the app store at this time. My app works and syncs hoswever. So, I looked at the forums to see what was going on. I understand that there are current issues with the update. The forum reminced me, hosever, that there is no automatic backup with this app. I guess I've just becomed accustomed to using that feature on others and didn't notice that it was missing until someone mentioned doind a csv export. I have enough in app that I need to do that. I couldn't find anything obvious, so I went to help. I states that I should be able to click on my profile and select import/export. That is not available from my profile using either the app or the web version.

Can someone lend a hand here? I merely need to back up my data (especially with users reporting the loss of data after the update) and export seems to be the only option, but the help screen on Toodledo is no help.

Mike, I can definitely help you.

I got burned years ago when I found out that there is no automatic backup and only a certain amount of data over a certain period was available if you needed to look back. Since then, every week without fail, I backup four files. You will find each of these under the option "Import/Export/Backup":

- Under Backup/Restore, download the Backup file. This is an XML file that I believe can be used to restore everything but I've never used it for that. The only thing that I have ever used it for is to export Toodledo data to another task management application :) Could come in real handy real soon!
- The three important files that you are looking for are under the CSV Import/Export option. They include CSV Tasks Export (both Uncompleted and Completed Tasks) and CSV Notebook Export (below those options, only if you use Notes).

With those four files, you can pretty much do anything. Hope this helps, good luck.
mlb32704

Posted Jul 04, 2020 in: Update????
  • mlb32704
  • Posted: Jul 04, 2020
Where to start with the iOS update....

- Took forever to get tasks sorted right again, a lot of trial and error. I sort by tags within dates, it was a nightmare.
- A lot of empty space and rearranged details within items which is going to take time to get used to. Really looks worse.
- Huge section under items to add notes, I use notes often but it’s a real waste of space and distracting.
- Nagging red icon under Settings to buy a subscription? No thanks. How do I get rid of it?
- Every note I’ve ever written under Notes got synced, including a ton of them that were deleted ages ago.
- Every note has a huge amount of space in the actual note contents before any actual words, but when I click on the note to delete the extra space, in edit mode, the note looks fine. It just displays outside of edit mode with the space, nothing I can figure out to do to fix it.
- Some tasks are shaded in blue, others are white. No rhyme or reason no pattern it makes no sense and it is very distracting.
- Sorting in Notes is broken...alphabetically my notes now run A-Z with all of my notes that start with the letter I at the end of the list.
- I wish that I had done a screenshot of how my ToodleDo iOS app looked before the update, it seems like either the layout has changed, lots of information/categories missing, etc. it’s like I can’t even tel what was there to try and fix to make it look right again.
- Every time I go in or out of the app I have to resort to get it to list items correctly. Every time, it does not maintain my preferences. My first sorting criteria is Due Dates arrow “up”, I have to go into sort criteria, change it to “down” then “up” again, what a nightmare. It takes forever to do and sometimes it’s hanging up to the point that I have to exit and shutdown the app completely.

Those are my issues so far. And my better half says:

- Hundreds of old tasks got added to the app that she’s going to have to review and work through
- App is not syncing with tasks beyond today.
- No folders for tasks in the app.
- No notes synced in the app.

Other than that, great job Toodledo. What do you do for an encore?

And thanks for the heads up on a major upgrade during a holiday weekend. What were you all thinking???

FYI, I am a long time basic user, and for the first time in probably 15 years I am actively shopping for a ToodleDo alternative. That’s how bad this update is.

This message was edited Jul 05, 2020.
mlb32704

• mlb32704
  • Posted: Feb 05, 2020
Thanks for the update U.

My final update for the evening...just spent the last hour deleting hundreds of dupes in my Toodledo "all tasks" list. This after I tried numerous ways to clean up old Toodledo data that just kept on populating Google Tasks every time I synced. And that after I deleted thousands of completed Toodledo items that it turns out I didn't have to delete in the first place.

The integration I worked on this evening with GTasks just doesn't work. 2DO doesn't work. Any.do, Todoist, TickTick, Things, you name 'em, none of them work. How hard can it be to put out a basic app that simply shows you the current list of tasks for the day, or something similar? Maybe keeping it to a simple list is the solution to getting a solution out sooner?

Bottom line - until Toodledo puts out another Apple Watch app/complication, I'm done trying to find an alternative. There isn't one.

This message was edited Feb 05, 2020.
mlb32704

• mlb32704
  • Posted: Feb 05, 2020
Another update - I'm going with the following temporary workaround...

Using GSyncIt to sync Toodledo tasks with Outlook tasks, and Outlook tasks with Google Tasks

Using the GTasks app to view on Apple Watch.

Only drawback so far is no complication for GTasks so I have to select it as an app from my App Layout but not too big of a deal.

Maybe Toodledo will get around to a simple actual list of daily tasks for the Apple Watch some time soon?
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10      Next