ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by ykphuah"
ykphuah

Score: 0
  • ykphuah
  • Posted: Nov 03, 2013
  • Score: 0
Yeah, I get it that Toodledo doesn't support Android notifications. I am the author of the MyToodle Android App and I want to implement Android Notifications.

Here are my requirements:
1. Users should be able to set the "alarm" field checkbox from my android app.
2. Users should be able to choose whether to receive notifications via email,twitter,sms etc.
3. Users should be able to choose to receive notifications via Android OS.

Will it work if I do this:
1. For users who wishes to receive alarms via email, they will need to add an email alarm location, then they select "alarm" checkbox from my android app, which gets synced as the "remind" field. Then they choose in my app's settings to receive notifications from toodledo.

2. For users who wishes to receive alarms via notifications, they will need to add an iOS alarm Location (or else they won't see the alarm setting on toodledoweb), then they select the "alarm" checkbox from my android app. Then they choose in my app's settings to receive notifications from Android OS. Will this have any side effects?

This message was edited Nov 03, 2013.
ykphuah

• ykphuah
  • Posted: Nov 03, 2013
There's only a "remind" field in the Task, if I set this to say 60, and I have emails selected in toodledo web, that means an email will be sent. What should I do if I want to let the user to configure android notifications instead of going through the alarms configured on the web? Do I need to use another field that is not synced to toodledo web?
ykphuah

• ykphuah
  • Posted: Sep 18, 2013
Posted by Jason Bushell:

But reading isn't really a task. Unless its for work or study, reading rarely has a due date/priority/location etc...

You just want a list of books that you would like to read someday.. and you tick them off when you're done.

I have a context called "toread" that I put in all my books. There's a lot of tasks in my list that does not have a due date, priority, and location. It just acts as a reminder of something that I need to do. I can't see how you think that reading isn't really a task. :P

There's a status called "Someday", though I don't use it, and ticking them off, means its a task.

Outlines are for getting lots of ideas out of your head and into a framework which you can use later. Creating lots of tasks here would be inappropriate as some may not be actual tasks, and some may not actually be used.

If you are talking about brainstorming, then this should be integrated somehow into the Notes app. It will be a hassle for me to brainstorm things in Outlines, and then move them one by one into Tasks.
ykphuah

• ykphuah
Just got a negative review for my app, that his account have been hacked (his password changed) after he used my app to add one task.

My app definitely does not leaks password, though that is a bit hard to prove. Does toodledo keep more information about password change, e.g time, source ip, etc?
ykphuah

• ykphuah
I agree more on the horizontal rather than vertical part.

I find the original Tasks and Notes enough for most of my usage. Anything that was done in Outlines and now Lists, should have been added into Tasks in the first place. Come on, Outlines are just tasks right? Ideas? The advantage they give is to have multiple sublists, instead of only the one level in Tasks.

And now, Lists, why can't you just add configurable custom fields into Tasks??

A lot of people seems to get excited about Outlines and Lists, but using Toodledo from a GTD standpoint, I have totally no idea how to use them. If only they are somehow linked to each other instead of being their own entities. I don't want to have to go thru the mental exercise of "is this a task? or outline, or list?" when I thought about something.

This message was edited Sep 18, 2013.
ykphuah

Posted Sep 18, 2013 in: New Section: Lists
  • ykphuah
Looking forward for this in the API.
ykphuah

Posted Sep 04, 2013 in: Saved Searches API?
  • ykphuah
  • Posted: Sep 04, 2013
I would have thought you will do it the other way, expose the "unstable" API for others to develop first, stabilize it, then only put it on your own iOS app. :)
ykphuah

Posted Sep 02, 2013 in: Saved Searches API?
  • ykphuah
  • Posted: Sep 02, 2013
Hope to see it available soon. I would have thought that it should be made public the day you guys release the iOS app with this.

You guys trying to fix bugs first or what? :)
ykphuah

Posted Aug 30, 2013 in: Saved Searches API?
  • ykphuah
  • Posted: Aug 30, 2013
Saw the news about iPhone APP having the Saved Searches now. Is there an API?
ykphuah

• ykphuah
  • Posted: Aug 16, 2013
I have thought about a random negative number, but after that I realize it basically reduce the random space in half. I think I am better off with the while random space, together with a flag.
ykphuah

• ykphuah
  • Posted: Aug 14, 2013
Recently a user complained that my app doesn't pull down all his tasks. He claimed to have a lot of tasks, almost 2000 completed ones.

After some checking, I realize that there's a default of 1000 tasks on the Tasks Get API.

So what I should be doing is to check the "total" field in the reply, and if its more than 1000, do another Get request with start=1000? Is that correct? This should be repeated until I have fetched every tasks.
ykphuah

• ykphuah
  • Posted: Aug 14, 2013
Thanks a lot.
ykphuah

• ykphuah
  • Posted: Aug 13, 2013
Lol, I am in no way related to Mafia, let me explain this special bill.

Its called Maintenance Fees when we are staying in apartment/condos. So I asked them to bill me quarterly, so I will need to pay by the end of Jan, Apr, July, and Oct. (so I set the task to be due on 1st Feb, and then make it quarterly so it will be due on 1st May, 1st Aug, and 1st November).

The problem is, the only time convenient for me to pay them is on a Saturday, because my working hours coincide with theirs. (so I usually manually adjust the start date to be the Saturday right before the Due Date).

However, some Saturdays, I have other things to do and I can't pay. So I want to hide this task until the next Saturday. They charge very minimal interest for late payment so its not a big deal for me anyway.
ykphuah

• ykphuah
Is it possible for you to share out the snipplet of code to generate this really big random number?
ykphuah

• ykphuah
Thanks!

I have followed the advice from another thread, that is to clone the task and remove the repeat field from the cloned task. Seems to work well for me.
ykphuah

• ykphuah
  • Posted: Aug 12, 2013
How do I generate a random id and make sure it won't crash with the other task's id that I have on the list?
ykphuah

• ykphuah
  • Posted: Aug 10, 2013
In order to properly clone a task with subtask, I need to do the following:
1. clone the parent
2. sync the new parent to the cloud
3. get the id that is assigned by toodledo
4. clone all the subtasks to be under this parent

Steps #2 and #3 is problematic, as network connection is needed, and its a very "async" task. Is there any way to accomplish this cloning of subtasks without making a roundtrip to the web?
ykphuah

• ykphuah
  • Posted: Aug 10, 2013
Here's my use case. Every quarter, I will need to pay a bill. And I can only pay this bill on a Saturday. So what I do is to set the Due Date to the real Due Date, e.g. 1st July 2013, and Start Date to be on the Saturday before the Due Date, e.g. 29th June. Then set a Repeat for every Quarterly.

This is fine as long as I always pay on time. On some days, I missed. So let say I have forgotten to pay the bill on the 29th June, the next date for me to do so is 6th July. So I will usually adjust the Start Date to 6th of July, so that I don't get reminded about this task for the whole week, even though its already Overdue. The problem with this is that, when I finally completes this task, the Start Date gets moved to one week AFTER the Due Date on the next Quarter, and that's not what I want. I want the Start Date to always be a few days before the Due Date, as I have originally set it.

Is there any workarounds or hacks that I can do to accomplish what I want?
ykphuah

Posted Jul 26, 2013 in: Best Toodledo Notes app for Android?
  • ykphuah
  • Posted: Jul 26, 2013
my app MyToodle
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kiwlm.mytoodle
handles Notes.

However, like you say, it IS an after thought, I have to agree. I will be adding more features to the Notes side though, like sort options, and also a widget specific for notes.
ykphuah

Posted Jun 07, 2013 in: Best Android App(s)?
Score: 1
  • ykphuah
  • Posted: Jun 07, 2013
  • Score: 1
Self promotion: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kiwlm.mytoodle&hl=en

You have to try at least 5 before you decide for yourself. Each of the applications have their own pros and cons, that's why there are so many choices!
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4      Next