ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Jason Bushell"
Jason Bushell

Score: 0
I would recommend setting up some custom search criteria that incorporate what you want to achieve.

Maybe you could give them an arbitrary date way off in the future.

The way I handle this is that anything that needs to have a date set, I give it a status of "planning". This way I know I need to make some decisions on the task, and the due date is irrelevant, and liable to change.

Then when you do your weekly review you can refer to whatever is in the planning folder and schedule it.
Jason Bushell

Posted Aug 05, 2013 in: sorting Toodledo tasks drag and drop
Folders can be sorted manually with the up and down arrows next to their names in the "Organize Folders" section.
Jason Bushell

Posted Aug 01, 2013 in: view completed tasks
Score: 1
In folder view, you can select "View Recently Completed Tasks", this will show completed tasks as being crossed out.

If this is something you will use a lot, and will be useful to you, I would recommend setting up your own specific search criteria to show you exactly the tasks you want to see.

So for example, you could select to only show tasks from Folder A, and show both completed and active tasks.

Search really is very powerful, and if you spend a bit of time using it, you can make your task views show you exactly what you want.
Jason Bushell

Posted Jul 30, 2013 in: Setting up contacts and related fields.
Google Contacts?

I don't understand why you'd want to use TD to manage this data.
Jason Bushell

Posted Jul 29, 2013 in: Tag input dialog behavior...
I also get this quite often when typing in dates into other fields, so it must affect other fields as well.
Jason Bushell

Posted Jul 26, 2013 in: Change Completion Date
Score: 2
I think TD is quite fair in its responses to requests in the forum.

They are not a huge company with unlimited resources, and a good proportion of its users do not pay anything to use the site. (And in fact will happily pay for 3rd party apps which piggy back on TD it seems.)

To comment on timeframes would be foolish, as it is not possible to forsee what problems might arise, or what other things might take priority.

The fact that you are still here regardless of this problem would indicate that its not a big issue, and that you can cope without it at the moment.
Jason Bushell

Posted Jul 25, 2013 in: Search Criteria
Its only possible though if you do a "Match Any" criteria.

Which means you need to do criteria for anything that you want returned. A bit long-winded, but i've been able to do this now.
Jason Bushell

Posted Jul 24, 2013 in: Toodledo Toosdays: Goal Chains
Score: 4
Goals could do with a bit of an overhaul in general really.

I like using them, but they feel disconnected from everything else, and there is no sense of importance given to them.
Jason Bushell

Posted Jul 24, 2013 in: Task Colours
Star them?

My new tasks that I email in, are automatically starred, so I can check them.
Jason Bushell

Posted Jul 24, 2013 in: Search Criteria
Is it possible to do a search where:

Task Status is not "Waiting" and Due Date is in the future?

I want to see tasks that are waiting, and are due today, as well as all my other tasks. "Active" etc....

I just don't want to see tasks that are waiting until the due date arrives.
Jason Bushell

Posted Jul 22, 2013 in: Possible improvements and new features
One thing that might be useful is a list of things to trigger when a task is completed or is due.

So for example, if I mark a task as "waiting", and I give it a due date of friday, I don't want to see it until friday, when it becomes "active".

Likewise, an "active" task that repeats weekly, when completed today could be changed to "waiting", and will only be changed to "active" when that day arrives.

I use statuses a lot to split my TD list into things I can do next, things I can do later, and things I am waiting on.

Some additional functionality around that would be awesome.

Shame I dont live in the US, because I would definitely apply for a job at TD if I did. :)
Jason Bushell

Since everyone uses Stars in various different ways, then its difficult to cater for everyone.

I guess this could be solved to some degree by user-defined fields?

That seems like it would be the next big thing to take TD to a new level.
Jason Bushell

Posted Jul 19, 2013 in: Different displayed fields for subtask?
For what purpose?
Jason Bushell

Posted Jul 18, 2013 in: Toodledo Toosday: Task Defaults
Me too.

Would still be good to have them handled separately.
Jason Bushell

Posted Jul 17, 2013 in: Toodledo Toosday: Task Defaults
Score: -1
No, not currently.

I did mention this before, and think it would be beneficial if emails in did go into a seperate Inbox folder, where they could be handled seperately. i.e The emailed tasks could have there own default settings.

And if they are tagged to go into a different folder, they can bypass the inbox altogether.
Jason Bushell

Us Pro-Plus Subscribers need more perks to be honest! :)

With other solutions for web-storage out there, i'm really only a Pro-Plus subscriber at the moment to help out the site. Not for any functionality.
Jason Bushell

Posted Jul 03, 2013 in: Sorting a Shared List/Link
Is there a way to multi-sort a shared to-do list?

When I create a link for someone to use, I can sort it once. But I really need it to reflect how my own todo list appears.

Is this possible?
Jason Bushell

As Outlines tend to cover a broader range of tasks, and may actually encompass a whole project, it seems to me more relevant to link a task to a node in the Outline rather than a task to an entire outline.

Unless that task is "complete the entire outline" im not sure how the functionality will help.

Anyway... developments are always welcomed, so thank you.
Jason Bushell

Posted Jul 02, 2013 in: User customization sorely needed
Score: -1
You're not renewing because the site is visually boring?

I think you miss the point of the website.

I'll take functionality over aesthetic anyday.
Jason Bushell

Posted Jun 27, 2013 in: Integration with ifttt.com
This would take TD to a new level.

I use IFTTT to create tasks based on receiving emails from ebay.

However, it is a little bit of a pain, as I need to make my TD email my primary email on their site.

Anyway, I guess its down to them now.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5      Next