ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Salgud"
Salgud

Posted Jan 07, 2013 in: Permanent Link not working...again.
Score: 0
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jan 07, 2013
  • Score: 0
I've seen this problem several times where I click on the Arrow icon, then select "Permanent Link", and nothing happens. It's doing it again today. I guess it's not a major thing, but I'm trying to do my Weekly Review this morning and some parts of it I can't do, or at least not easily, without using a Permanent Link. I'd really like to see this fixed.

Am using WinXP SP3, Chrome Version 23.0.1271.97 m.

I tried it in IE8, and it worked fine on the first try, but not again.

I closed Chrome completely, then reopened, and the Permanent Link feature worked on the first try, but not again. So with 2 different browsers, I can do one Permanent Link, but no more, until I close and reopen the browser.

This message was edited Jan 07, 2013.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Jan 05, 2013
Or go make it obvious how you do so if it's just very well hidden! :)
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Jan 03, 2013
Posted by panel:
Posted by Salgud:
Have you tried using Saved Searches? They should solve your problem.Some of us rarely go outside the Saved Searches views.

What exactly do you mean by saved searches?

Saved Searches are custom searches that you've saved to your Saved Searches list to be re-used as needed. If you click on "Search" in the upper left hand corner of the web version, you'll see the list of Saved Searches down the left side. You can create your own to add to the list. You'll find detailed instructions in the Help screens under "Saved Searches". There are also lots of discussions in the forums on this topic.

I am saving search, selecting it, and when I open another view ex. calendar it's not working within 'search context'

What does "not working within 'search context' mean"? If you have created your searches correctly, they will work.

Posted by Jake:
Try using contexts and then using the context filter. This is the way we recommend.
Posted by Panel:

This is not an option for me at the moment because now I am using Brayans tracy ABCDE method (from the book Eat That Frog!: 21 Great Ways to Stop Procrastinating and Get More Done in Less Time) and it's not quite compatible with toodledo, so I have to use kind of a hack - I use context as first priority (ABCDE) and priority field as secound.
At this time it's seems as the best solution although It would be nice to be able define custom fields and predefine values for the field

More about ABCDE
“A” stands for “very important;” something you must do. There can be serious negative consequences if you don’t do it.
“B” stands for “important;” something you should do. This is not as important as your ‘A’ tasks. There are only minor negative consequences if it is not completed.
“C” stands for things that are “nice to do;” but which are not as important as ‘A’ or ‘B,’ tasks. There are no negative consequences for not completing it.
“D” stands for “delegate.” You can assign this task to someone else who can do the job instead of you.
“E” stands for “eliminate, whenever possible.” You should eliminate every single activity you possibly can, to free up your time.

To make your system more compatible with TD, and not lose any fidelity, you could adapt those priorities to TD by simply assigning those same Tracy meanings to the 5 available priorities in TD.

Tracy system - TD
A (very important) - Top (3)
B (important) - High (2)
C (Nice to do) - Medium (1)
D (Delegate) - Low (0)
E (Eliminate) - Negative (-1)

Thus freeing up context for "Home" and "Work". The ABCDE are just labels, and don't have to be those exact symbols to represent the levels of your priorities. So don't think of the TD priorities as "Top", "High", etc. Think of them as "Very Important", "Important", and so forth. It would make your life much easier if you're going to use TD.

Remember, these numbers and letters are just symbols, not reality. One could use "Rhinocerous" for "Very Important", "Cabbage" for "Important", "Bureaucracy" for "Nice to Do" and so forth. IOW, "A" is no better a symbol for "Very Important" than "3" is. These are merely the set of symbols that Tracy chose for his/her system. You can choose any symbols you want, and you have a tool you've chosen that has a different but perfectly applicable set of symbols for the same parameter. So use those.

Best of luck adapting TD to your system, and adapting your system to use with TD.

This message was edited Jan 03, 2013.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Jan 02, 2013
Have you tried using Saved Searches? They should solve your problem.Some of us rarely go outside the Saved Searches views.
Salgud

Posted Jan 01, 2013 in: A TD Grocery List
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jan 01, 2013
As posted above, I have 2 TD accounts, one paid, for work, one free for my grocery list. But the 2 don't seem able to co-exist on my iPhone. I have the TD app on my iPhone, which I use to access my work account, and I access the grocery list account via Safari and the mobile website. Or I try to access the grocery account via Safari. It doesn't work most of the time. After a couple months of using this combo, now the Safari account keeps jumping back to the work account, and I have to log out of the work account and log back into the grocery account. Every time I want to add to my grocery list. Kind of defeats the purpose.

I have cleared cookies in Safari 3 times now to fix this. The first time, it worked for a few weeks. The last 2 times, minutes. Any suggestions?

This message was edited Jan 01, 2013.
Salgud

Posted Dec 27, 2012 in: Mobile site used to work
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Dec 27, 2012
But not anymore. Now, every time I go to the mobile site (where I access my grocery list), I have to log in, tell it to sync, then tell it to save it to my browser. Big PITA. Is this normal behavior for users of the mobile site? Is there a fix?
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Dec 26, 2012
In a word, no.
Salgud

Posted Dec 26, 2012 in: 2012 In Review
  • Salgud
Thanks for all you've done for us users this past year! Great to hear that you've increased your staff, I'll be looking forward to great things from TD in 2013.
Salgud

Score: 4
  • Salgud
  • Score: 4
Come on, Jake, buy a Win8 phone and boost M$ sales by 50%! It's the right thing to do. ;)
Salgud

Posted Dec 20, 2012 in: 4 Pro features now for free
Score: 2
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Dec 20, 2012
  • Score: 2
As a Pro subscriber, I thank you for this gesture. TD is a great product and continues to be one of the best supported products around.
Salgud

Posted Dec 18, 2012 in: Subtasks along with the Container Task
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Dec 18, 2012
Very problematic, especially when everyone in these forums would want it differently that everyone else.
Salgud

Posted Dec 18, 2012 in: how to mark a task been completed?
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Dec 18, 2012
Click on the box to the left of the task description.
Salgud

Posted Dec 17, 2012 in: Task Chains
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Dec 17, 2012
This is a long time request and is on "the list".
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Dec 17, 2012
Try
Due Date is in the next 30 days
or
Due Date is in the last 90 days

This will apply to both parent tasks and subtasts, so both should show unless some other filter prevents it.
Salgud

Posted Dec 14, 2012 in: Why I cannot create sub-subtask????
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Dec 14, 2012
Posted by bin.wang:
Sometime I need create sub-tasks under an existed sub-task.

Do you provide this function or not? If don't, please add it.

Cheers

This feature has been requested for a long time, many times. The reason given for why it hasn't been done is that there are already a lot of issues with subtasks and how to display them, and adding another level, or more, would severely exacerbate this problem.
Salgud

Posted Dec 13, 2012 in: Toodledo Intro videos
Score: 2
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Dec 13, 2012
  • Score: 2
Nicely done!
Salgud

Posted Dec 12, 2012 in: AACK. New iPhone app awful fonts
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Dec 12, 2012
Posted by lukepiasecki76:
Combine this with the lack of customizability and you have the reason why users move to simpler, but better looking apps such as any.do.

Just curious, where did you get the stats on this?
Salgud

Posted Dec 12, 2012 in: Solution to the layout redesign problem
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Dec 12, 2012
@aether
At this point, I think you're suggestion is akin to going back to the place where you got run over by a cement truck and standing in the middle of the road to see if it happens again.
Salgud

Posted Dec 11, 2012 in: Thanks to Jake for listening
Score: 1
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Dec 11, 2012
  • Score: 1
Thanks for making a tough decision, Jake!
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Dec 06, 2012
@M_ichel

Can you tell me how you did it? I've tried a couple of things, but nothing worked.

BTW, you don't have to post to different posts to do that, you can just go back and edit your original post each time.

This message was edited Dec 06, 2012.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79   80   81      Next