ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Salgud"
Salgud

Posted Nov 27, 2012 in: Tasks "reverse inherit" dates like DTG
Score: 0
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Nov 27, 2012
  • Score: 0
TD does not have the capability to automatically set the project Due Date to the next dated subtask, you would have to do that yourself. But you can review the rest of the project and add tasks when you do that.
Salgud

Posted Nov 26, 2012 in: Calendars Help
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Nov 26, 2012
I very much doubt that TD is what you're looking for. The Calendar view doesn't show much but a few dots representing how many tasks you have that day, but doesn't show appointments at all.

Not sure what you mean that "Google calendar sync thru the blackberry does not work". That would seem to be the logical, simple solution if it could work.

The other possibility is to use a 3rd party app. I use a calendar app (iOS) called Calengoo (terrible name, great app) that syncs with Gcal via Caldev and works very well. (The built-in iOS calendar is awful - has one feature less than a wall calendar - no picture). Unfortunately for you, Calengoo is iOS only, but I'd imagine that BB has some near equivalent. Maybe not.

Best of luck in your search!
Salgud

Posted Nov 26, 2012 in: Can't post image
  • Salgud
I've been trying to post an image here, but for some reason, copying and pasting the BBC Code "[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/eP4G6.jpg[/IMG]" doesn't work anymore. Has something changed?
Salgud

Posted Nov 26, 2012 in: Test
  • Salgud

This message was edited Nov 26, 2012.
Salgud

Posted Nov 26, 2012 in: TD can't sync
  • Salgud
Posted by Jake:
It sounds like you are aren't fully signing out. Try this, in the top left corner, click the button that says "Tasks" and select "Settings". Then click "Sign Out". You may then want to clear your cookies and saved data for Toodledo, but this shouldn't be necessary. You can then sign into the other account.

Thanks for the prompt reply. I've been doing as you suggested, but it doesn't work. I cleared the cookies, and that got it working.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Salgud

Posted Nov 26, 2012 in: TD can't sync
  • Salgud
I tried signing out, but it doesn't work. When I go back in, it automatically signs me back into my work account. I've signed in to my grocery account several times, and it even shows that address in my settings, but it shows my work tasks. It never asks to refresh when it shows my work tasks, so maybe that's the problem.

I can go to the website and see either, but not from the mobile site.

Salgud

Posted Nov 24, 2012 in: Starting out with TD
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Nov 24, 2012
Welcome to the TD forums. Sounds like you're on the right track. It's best to keep in simple at the start and work your way into more complex approaches.

Just create your tasks, and make them repeat daily. Each day you do them, check them off and they will automatically reappear the next day. Don't put a Due Date on them as that will unnecessarily complicate matters and won't add any value.
Salgud

Posted Nov 21, 2012 in: New to Toodledo
Score: 1
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Nov 21, 2012
  • Score: 1
Well, I like mine the best (just a coincidence, I think), which is in the Tips & Tricks forum under "My Trusted System", along with other almost-as-good :) approaches.

My advice - start simple, select only the fields you really have to have, then add as needed. Read the forums on a regular basis, and search them when you have a question. Then, if you don't find what you need, post for a solution.
Salgud

Posted Nov 21, 2012 in: Test
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Nov 21, 2012
test

This message was edited Nov 21, 2012.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Nov 20, 2012
Posted by Jake:
We've been having some challenges with our iOS development recently, but we are getting back on track and this is near the top of our to-do list for the app. Sorry for the delay in getting this feature rolled out. Its one that I personally want very badly too.

Get this feature up, and I'll only say nice things about you for at least a week! ;-)
Salgud

Posted Nov 20, 2012 in: Duplicate Project/Timeline
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Nov 20, 2012
TD does not have this capability, nor does any other task manager I'm aware of. There are quite a few out there, but this would be a pretty sophisticated task manager. You could set up M$ Project to do this, but that opens up a 55 gal. drum full of worms, not to mention the price (~$1000).
Salgud

Posted Nov 19, 2012 in: Can't create Permanent Link
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Nov 19, 2012
Thanks for your prompt reply, Jake.

Nothing happens, some of the time, when I click "Permanent Link", but it seems to be exclusive to the first project in the list, that I just created. This is in a Saved Search of "Active Projects", which is filtered to show only parent tasks, but not Meetings (filtered out based on a tag) or other tasks w/ subtasks not considered "Projects". I can send more specifics or even a screenshot of the filter criteria if it will help.

In any case, it is very intermittent. I'm guessing that it has something to do with the screen not properly refreshing when I click on Permanent Link because if I hit F5, the permanent link shows up.
Salgud

Posted Nov 19, 2012 in: Can't create Permanent Link
  • Salgud
This is the third time in as many weeks that I am unable to create a Permanent Link. I rarely complain here, but this is getting frustrating. This hasn't happened this many times in the past year, but now it's happening frequently. Is there something wrong with the servers lately? Have others been experiencing this, or similar, problems?

In a little while, I'll come back and try again and it'll work fine, but I'll have to write down what I was going to do so I don't forget it, which is the whole point of TD - not having to actually write down my task list. I just used the Permanent Link feature a few minutes ago and it worked fine!

Using Chrome 23.0.1271.64 m on WindozeXP.

I just tried it again before finalizing this posting, and it still doesn't work unless...

I do an F5 to refresh, and then the Permanent Link appears instead of refreshing the page I was on. So anybody know what's going on here?

This message was edited Nov 19, 2012.
Salgud

Score: 1
  • Salgud
  • Score: 1
@mco

Almost any commonly used word needs multiple definitions to convey its range of meaning. David Allen says very explicitly that the level of granularity in your next actions, which determines what is and is not a project, is up to you. He very explicitly rejects your example as absurd. But if you need a flow chart to brush your teeth, go for it.

Not sure what "flow chart" you are referring to. I was talking about task managers.

A good definition would preclude such misunderstandings. That's the very purpose of a definition. If Allen had bothered to do a bit if research to define a very important word in his field, he could have easily done much better. Or, just say something like, "A project is whatever you consider it to be in your system". That would have been the equivalent of his definition, but more direct.

This message was edited Nov 19, 2012.
Salgud

Posted Nov 19, 2012 in: reorder context list?
  • Salgud
You can also use non-alphabet characters if you prefer. E.g., I use an exclamation point in from of the name "Inbox", which is "!Inbox" to move my Inbox in my view lists to put it at the top of the list. It works the same with Contexts.
Salgud

Posted Nov 16, 2012 in: How to customize the Main View ?
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Nov 16, 2012
I don't know of a way to create a shortcut from the main view list to the Saved Searches. There are probably some keystrokes that will get you there a bit quicker, maybe even save you a couple of seconds.

The other approach is to duplicate some of the Main views in the Saved Search view, as I have done. This way, I virtually live in the Saved Search views, and rarely do I have to venture out into the Main or other sets of views.
Salgud

Posted Nov 13, 2012 in: Tip: Searching Completed Tasks
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Nov 13, 2012
In my Saved Searches, I have "Done Today" and "Done This Week", because I use these frequently. I seldom search all of my Done tasks, so when I do, I just create an ad hoc filter.
Salgud

Posted Nov 13, 2012 in: More options for repeats?
  • Salgud
When it gets to the top, please make sure to include "first weekday of the month" and "last weekday of the month".
Salgud

• Salgud
The workaround would be to open up the subtasks, review their due dates, pick the relevant one, and set that as the due date for the parent.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Nov 09, 2012
Posted by mpc_janssen:
Posted by Salgud:
In my opinion, one of the serious flaws in GTD, Allen's definition of a project. By his definition, brushing my teeth is a project because it "takes more than one physical activity to complete".

1. Go to bathroom
2. Open cabinet
3. Grasp toothbrush in right hand
4. Grasp toothpaste in left hand
etc.

By Allen's definition, virtually any human activity is a project. It is far to vague to be a definition.

I don't think that's how David Allen intends a next action, that wont be workable.

I don't think I implied, and certainly didn't mean to imply, that's how he meant it. That's why it's a bad definition. It can be easily misinterpreted.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79   80   81      Next