Search results for "Posted by PeterW "
PeterW 

Posted Jul 11, 2010 in: Add 'star' as criteria for Hotlist
Score: 0
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Jul 11, 2010
  • Score: 0
Thanks Transisto!

This is a really important issue for me so I am hoping it is something that Toodledo can provide soon.

The Hotlist is a powerful feature but it relies solely on due dates and priority. If you follow GTD methodology and don't want to set 'soft' due dates for tasks (or priorities which are not really GTD) then you need another way to get a task into your Hotlist. The star field would be perfect for this.

I thought of making the Starred list my 'hotlist' but then absolutely everything must be manually added to build the Hotlist. I'd prefer to keep the automated functionality but still be able to manually add items when I need to.
PeterW 

Posted Jul 10, 2010 in: Add 'star' as criteria for Hotlist
Score: 1
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Jul 10, 2010
  • Score: 1
Apologies if this has been asked for before.

At present, the Hotlist is populated based on due date and priority. I would like the 'star' field to be included in the criteria (i.e. item is 'starred').
PeterW 

Posted Jul 10, 2010 in: Task Types and Sub-Tasks
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Jul 10, 2010
@gmaranto - Appigo Todo's Projects and Checklists work best in Toodledo when you have a Toodledo Pro subscription which permits provides subtasks.

Note that when you create a Cheklist in Todo, some text is placed in the parent task on the Toodledo side so that Appigo knows how to handle it each time you sync.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Jul 09, 2010
Initially, the title of this thread made me think that Toodledo had a new interface. :(
PeterW 

Posted Jul 09, 2010 in: notebook vs. reference
Score: -1
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Jul 09, 2010
  • Score: -1
The only other issue I can think of is that Reference tasks are included in your total task count, something that I didn't want.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Jul 08, 2010
The Outlook sync tool is a third-party application (i.e. not developed by Toodledo) so you'll have to contact the developer for assistance.

More info here: http://www.toodledo.com/connect_outlook.php
PeterW 

Posted Jul 07, 2010 in: Access to Inbox
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Jul 07, 2010
Hi,

I love Toodledo's flexibility in being able to work from a variety of views, e.g. Hotlist, Folder, Context, Due Date, etc.

As a GTD-guy, the Inbox is an important container in terms of workflow. I've posted previously (as have others) that I'd like the ability to rename "No Folder" to "Inbox". Hopefully that's still on your todo list.

What this post is about is another idea - the ability to see and access the inbox no matter what view I am currently using. At present I have to select View-by: Folder to see if something is in my inbox.

It would be great if there was a global indicator/link so I could see the inbox status (i.e. how many items in it) even if I am working in the Hotlist or some other view.

Possible? Likely?
PeterW 

• PeterW 
I've replied to your post in the Questions section of the forums - as mentioned, Toodledo can't support another company's product. I am not sure why you think they should.

The following page on the Chromatic Dragon developer's website contains a lot of helpful and diagnostic information: http://www.chromadrake.com/ChromaticDragon/software/ToodledoSyncInfo.aspx Have you checked this out?

Lastly, Appigo provides a utility that enables syncing of their Todo for iPhone and iPad products directly with Outlook. So you don't have to use Chromatic Dragon or Toodledo in the middle. More info here: http://www.appigo.com/appigo-sync

This message was edited Jul 07, 2010.
PeterW 

Posted Jul 07, 2010 in: Toodledo stoped syncing with Outlook
  • PeterW 
Posted by serafy_gw:
I had same problem and got same response - wish we could all operate this way - no ethics, no responsibility, and basically not tell the truth - advertise that your product works with Outlook and then when it doesn't pass the buck....nice company

Not sure how you reached that conclusion.

The Chromatic Dragon (Outlook sync) tool is listed under the following heading on the Connections page:
http://www.toodledo.com/connections.php
Third Party Applications

These tools were created by third-party developers. They have not been tested by us and they are not supported us, so use them at your own risk. It would be wise to backup your data before using one of these apps, since we cannot guarantee that they are well behaved.

And when you click on the Outlook link, you see this:
http://www.toodledo.com/connect_outlook.php
Outlook Synchronization

Synchronizing your Outlook task list with Toodledo requires the installation of a free third-party application that is developed by a company called "Chromatic Dragon Software".

Installation
For information about downloading and installing the "ToodledoSync" tool for Outlook, please visit the Chromatic Dragon ToodledoSync page.

Warning: We have received a number of complaints that the Outlook sync tool can sometimes accidentally delete all of your tasks from inside Toodledo. Please remember that Toodledo cannot be held responsible for misbehaving third-party applications.

Support
For support with this third-party tool, please contact the developer at their website. You can also try posting a question in our Third-Party Forum, but please be aware that Toodledo cannot provide support for third-party applications.

I think that's pretty clear.

The only other references I can find to Outlook is that Toodledo can import tasks that have been exported from Outlook. This works - I've used it.

All third-party apps (such as the 2Do iPhone app mentioned by the original poster) use Toodledo's API to sync, so Toodledo only provides the gateway and the other apps do all the syncing work. As such, Toodledo doesn't really have any control over the process nor can it help or troubleshoot - the third-party provider must do this.

Was there something else I missed that led you to make those statements?

This message was edited Jul 08, 2010.
PeterW 

Posted Jul 06, 2010 in: Subtasks with the iphone App
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Jul 06, 2010
Paul,

That was where the button was located in an older version. In the current version, you simply tap the toolbar where the current filter status is shown.

So, open a list of tasks - it doesn't matter if it's by folder or context or tag, etc. The very top darker blue colored bar displays the list name. Just below that is a lighter blue colored toolbar.

On the left hand side of this light blue toolbar is the current filter status - it will show "Hidden Tasks: X" where x = the number of hidden tasks.

Tap on that part of the toolbar and the Filter screen will open. This screen has multiple tabs - the 'Filters' tab has a setting that will allow you to set subtasks to in-line or nested.

This message was edited Jul 06, 2010.
PeterW 

Posted Jul 06, 2010 in: Due date problem in v2.02?
  • PeterW 
I'm in Australia = GMT+10.

My Toodledo web time is displaying correctly, and format is set to D/M/Y.

My iPhone settings are:
Mail, Contacts, Calendars - Calendars
- Time Zone Support: On
- Time Zone: Sydney

General - International
Region Format: Australia
PeterW 

Posted Jul 06, 2010 in: Due date problem in v2.02?
  • PeterW 
Hi there,

Just downloaded and installed v2.02 on my iPhone 3GS running iOS4.

I wanted to check out the new calendar picker so edited an existing task that was due yesterday (July 6) but still not complete. In the Task Details screen the due date was displayed correctly, and it was also displayed correctly in the Edit Due Dates screen (shown as 'Custom').

I tapped on the Custom date to display the calendar, tapped on '6' on the calendar to ensure that the due date was not changed, but when it returned me to the Task Details screen, the date was now set to July 5 (the day before). Go back to the Edit Due Date screen and it still shows July 6. Go to the calendar and it still shows July 6 highlighted.

Doesn't matter what I do, I cannot set the date back to July 6. It just won't let me.
PeterW 

Posted Jul 06, 2010 in: A little fire underneath your seat
  • PeterW 
Hi Transisto,

I don't want to get into an argument with you. I've honestly tried to be polite, courteous and friendly in all of my responses to you. I try to look at things from your perspective and I've also been supportive of you in a number of other forum discussions.

I really am not trying to "show you the door". I was simply trying to be helpful given that you seem very unhappy with Toodledo and the length of time it is taking for changes to be made.

To be respectful of Toodledo, I won't post details of competing services here on the forums so please send me an email at [email protected] and I will be happy to give some details.
PeterW 

Posted Jul 05, 2010 in: A little fire underneath your seat
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Jul 05, 2010
Sorry, I wasn't joking. I just didn't really grasp what you meant. I think I understand now.

As I mentioned above, I'd like to see interface improvements too but I get by fairly well in its current format using a Stylish theme in FireFox.

But if it's causing you that much anguish, you need to seriously consider alternatives because constant posting and criticism about it won't make Jake and the team go any faster. Improvements will take as long as they take and they will arrive in the order that Jake determines.

As I mentioned in my earlier post, there are some new cloud-based systems out there that you might like. Give them a try.
PeterW 

Posted Jul 05, 2010 in: A little fire underneath your seat
  • PeterW 
Hi Transisto,

I must say that I do not have the same problem with reading the interface as you do. Although I don't use goals yet so perhaps that's part of your issue?

I agree that Toodledo looks a bit "legacy" and needs some interface modernisation - this definitely turns some new users away right off the bat but Jake is well aware of this and I hope is well advanced with an upgrade.

As I've mentioned in other threads, I have recently tried a few of the new cloud-based task managers out there and while they have very modern looking interfaces and some neat ideas, they still don't have Toodledo's depth of functionality nor stability. Perhaps you should also try a few of them out to gain some perspective?
PeterW 

Posted Jul 05, 2010 in: Projects - SubTast
  • PeterW 
There are couple of things you need to do:

1. In Account Settings, ensure that you have sub-tasks enabled and select a sorting option.

2. Just below the toolbar, there are three settings you can make for sub-tasks: Flattened - Hidden - Indented. It sounds like you want them indented so click on that link (it should be displayed bold to indicate it has been selected).

3. Check out this page for instructions on how sub-tasks work:
http://www.toodledo.com/info/subtasks.php

Note that manually sorting sub-tasks in Toodledo is not reflected in Appigo Todo - you will have to manually sort on each end.

Aside from that, it should work just fine.

This message was edited Jul 05, 2010.
PeterW 

Posted Jul 05, 2010 in: Please hire a UI Designer
Score: -1
  • PeterW 
  • Score: -1
If you are using FireFox or Chrome, don't forget to check out the user-developed themes - they can make quite a difference.
PeterW 

Posted Jul 04, 2010 in: A little fire underneath your seat
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Jul 04, 2010
Hi Transisto,

I'm not sure what you meant in that thread about the empty fields being 'dark'. I don't remember having a problem like this in grid mode. Can you expand on this?

BTW, your screencap was pretty funny. Probably wan't meant to be but it made me laugh.

Regards,
Peter.

p.s. Vive le Tour!
PeterW 

Posted Jul 04, 2010 in: Proximo's GTD Setup
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Jul 04, 2010
Sorry chihming, I don't have copies of the videos and I only watched them once some time ago, so I don't remember the contents.
PeterW 

Posted Jul 03, 2010 in: Proximo's GTD Setup
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Jul 03, 2010
That user is no longer a user of Toodledo and does not frequent the forums.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53      Next