ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Salgud"
Salgud

Posted Oct 01, 2012 in: GTD projects in Toodledo
Score: 3
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Oct 01, 2012
  • Score: 3
There is a simple way to deal with the disappearing tags issue. Create a dummy task, assign the tags you don't want to ever disappear to it. Give it a status or a priority or whatever that you don't otherwise use, so you can easily filter it out of other views.

I'd suggest you give sub-tasks another go. I find them indispensable, and taken alone, worth the price of a Pro subscription. Yes, they are a bit awkward at first, but after a some practice, become a very useful tool. Remember, you can filter for tasks w/ subtasks, and filter for tasks that have parents. This makes them very, very useful.

I understand your clever idea of naming your projects for the completion milestone as an incentive to get them done. However, it's holding you back from being able to use what you obviously consider to be the best tool for your trusted system. There is another possibility here. You could abandon that scheme and just give your projects a shorter name, knowing that the goal is. For instance, "Garden Area:Free of Broken slabs" could be "Garden:Slabs" since you already know that you want the broken slabs removed. You could even put the longer name in the Notes field, though, obviously, they wouldn't be as visible there.

TD is very flexible, but to make it work, it helps if we are flexible in applying it. The only way I know to get the exact task management app I want is to sit down and start writing code. Which would mean I'd have to stop doing most of the things currently on my task management list! :)

Best of luck with implementing your system.
Salgud

Posted Sep 27, 2012 in: Change Completion Date
Score: 0
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Sep 27, 2012
  • Score: 0
The last time I can recall when Jake mentioned it, there were 1600 fixes/enhancements on "the list". Does that explain why it would take years to get to the top?
Salgud

Posted Sep 25, 2012 in: No Due Date visible in multi-line view?
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Sep 25, 2012
Ok, that did it. Thanks!
Salgud

Posted Sep 24, 2012 in: No Due Date visible in multi-line view?
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Sep 24, 2012
Thanks for your reply, Peter. I checked, and my primary sort is already Due Date, but that field is not showing in Muli-line mode. Any other suggestions?
Salgud

Posted Sep 20, 2012 in: No Due Date visible in multi-line view?
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Sep 20, 2012
Thanks for your reply. I already have the Due Date field turned on, it shows in the Grid view, but not in the Multi-line view.
Salgud

Posted Sep 20, 2012 in: No Due Date visible in multi-line view?
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Sep 20, 2012
I've started using multi-line view after I've got everything setup the way I want to remove the clutter. Works great except that I use a lot of fields, and the Due Date field is not visible, even with the browser in full screen mode, when I click the down arrow to see the details. But the Start Date is. If I had a choice, I'd prefer to see Due Date rather than Start Date. Both would be even better. Is there any way around this?
Salgud

Score: 1
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Sep 19, 2012
  • Score: 1
Amazing! This is the first perfect man-made system I've run across. :)
Salgud

Score: -1
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Sep 18, 2012
  • Score: -1
If MLO does it better, stick with it!
Salgud

Posted Sep 14, 2012 in: associate folder with context?
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Sep 14, 2012
TD doesn't currently have that capability. I'm sure it's on "the list".
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Sep 12, 2012
There is a work around. You can Star the tasks you want to edit, then multi-edit the Starred list.

It gets a bit more complicated if you're already using the Star feature. In that case, you have to go to the Starred list, then multi-edit the Starred tasks to some property that you don't otherwise use, like priority, or some such thing and de-Star them. (You can add a property you don't use just for this purpose) Then proceed as above.

Once you're done, you have to reverse the multi-edits by doing a Search for the property you used to mark all you're Starred tasks, then Star them and remove the marker.

Obviously, you have to have a fair number of tasks to make this workaround worthwhile. A bit tedious if you're already using the Star, but it works.

This message was edited Sep 12, 2012.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Sep 11, 2012
This looked like a nice feature when I first looked at it, but having used it now, it's even better than I thought. I just used the bookmarklet feature - I ordered some special supplies from Staples and another supplier. I used the bookmarklet feature to create tasks with the link to the item in the catalog, something I could have done before manually but simply wouldn't have taken the time. With the bookmarklet, it was a no-brainer, something I'm very good at! :)
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Sep 10, 2012
Would that I could! It's not my machine, belongs to the state. Thanks for letting me know.

This message was edited Sep 10, 2012.
Salgud

• Salgud
Works great with FF, but not at all with IE8. Is this a known issue?
Salgud

Posted Sep 10, 2012 in: Manual Sorting Emulated
  • Salgud
I don't need a manual sorting option, I'm fine with the present sorting options offered now, so I guess you could say I'm neutral on the implementation of this issue, as long as it doesn't screw up the current sorting methods.

Looking at this discussion and the many manual sorting options that have been suggested, it seems to me that they are all much too complicated and would only be used by a very small percentage of users. The idea of having other fields change as I click and drag tasks up and down in the list seems utterly undoable for most users, just as having zones where if I click and drag from the upper zone in the task's area has result x, and clicking and dragging from the lower zone has result y, is just not feasible in the real world. There doesn't seem to me to be much incentive to TD to go to that much trouble for a handful of customers. And it sounds like a programming nightmare, not to mention the issues that would all but take over these forums in the arguments about what algorithms are the correct ones to operate this process.

That said, it seems to me that manual sorting would be much more easily implemented if it were a major option choice that would switch off all the other sorting options that it conflicts with, that being most of them. IOW, a "DIY sorting" option. That way, the manual sorters could have it the way they want, and the rest of us can continue as we are. This seems to me the only way that would allow users to click and drag and have no effect on any other sort order, because there aren't any in that mode. And this wouldn't take a lot of coding, I don't think (I'm not a programmer, and don't subscribe to the theory that "anything I don't know how to do must be easy", so I don't really know). But from what little I do know, turning on the DIY Sorting option would just bypass all the sorting code and use other code that would assign a number to each task and reassign those numbers whenever the user clicked and dragged a task in the list. I could do that in VBA.

It might also require abandoning subtasks. A lot to give up for those who want it, but it would be very straightforward and a lot less confusing than any of the options I've seen suggested here.

This message was edited Sep 10, 2012.
Salgud

Posted Sep 10, 2012 in: A TD Grocery List
Score: -1
  • Salgud
  • Score: -1
Posted by M:
GrizzlyPapi -- adding the ability to hide ITEMS by store was one of the things I suggested to them, that they seemed to like. We'll see if they ever actually IMPLEMENT. It's got its problems, but I'm giving it a go, for now.

Not sure what the difference is between "hide items by store" and "show items by store", if any. If they're the same thing, then I'm with you.

BTW salgud = grizzlypapi (names for my 2 different TD accounts)
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Sep 04, 2012
Thanks for your reply, JPR. It was a bizarre autocorrect thingy that I've never seen or heard of before. Hard to describe in writing, not worth the time. After I posted, I figured out that if I just copied the email address elsewhere and pasted it in, it worked.

Still, the slim version won't do what I'm looking for.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Sep 03, 2012
Thanks for your suggestions. And yes, I did look at the mobil app, and it's not accessible for this. When I try to enter the email address for this account, it won't allow me to enter it. It's an autocorrect thing.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Sep 02, 2012
As I described in another forum, I have created a TD based grocery shopping app for my iPhone. I've been using the iPhone TD app, but I'd rather use the iPhone TD app to connect w/ TD, and find an iPhone app that syncs w TD that does just a few things that my grocery app needs. These would be Starring, Tags, Folders and, if possible, Contexts. Of course, I'd want to be add or delete "tasks" (really grocery items in this application) from the iPhone app.

I'd like suggestions on which of the many apps that sync with TD have these particular features, and how well they work with TD.

Thanks for your help.

This message was edited Sep 02, 2012.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Aug 31, 2012
Well, that's what this is for! If you don't want to add the URL, don't use the bookmarklet!
Salgud

Posted Aug 30, 2012 in: New Payment System
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Aug 30, 2012
Au contraire. I'm totally excited! :)
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79   80   81      Next