Search results for "Posted by Purveyor"
Purveyor

Posted Dec 08, 2011 in: Purging Everything
Score: 0
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Dec 08, 2011
  • Score: 0
From http://www.toodledo.com/delete_tasks.php
Deleting all of the tasks in your Toodledo to-do list is a permanent and non-reversible action. Every single one of your to-do list items will be deleted. This is sometimes useful if you want to have a fresh start. If this is really want you want to do, please follow the instructions below.
We strongly recommend that you export your tasks to your hard drive before doing this, just in case you ever want to import them again.

__ Yes, permanently delete all of my tasks.

__ Also delete all folders, contexts, goals and locations.
Purveyor

Posted Dec 06, 2011 in: Timer on iPhone (IOS 5)
Score: 1
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Dec 06, 2011
  • Score: 1
The Timer is not available on the iPhone app.

I'm sure, though, that it is somewhere on Toodledo's to-do list.
Purveyor

• Purveyor
This sounds like a really good idea, but I'm pretty sure what the answer will be ...
:(
Purveyor

• Purveyor
Take a look at this Toodledo topic that addresses a similar issue:
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/12324/-60736/what-is-this-appointment-on-the-toodledo-calendar.html
Purveyor

Posted Dec 06, 2011 in: Outlook loses existing colours
  • Purveyor
What are "Outlook diary events"? Do you mean tasks or appointments?
What do you mean by "Toodledo sync conduit"?

There is no official application (i.e. made by Toodledo) that syncs with Outlook tasks, and, as far as I know, there is no application that directly syncs Toodledo tasks with Outlook appointments.
Purveyor

Posted Dec 05, 2011 in: Sorting goals intelligently
Score: 2
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Dec 05, 2011
  • Score: 2
I've come up with something that works, sort of.
I've added numbers at the beginning of the name of the Goal: 1 for short-term goals, 2 for long-term, and 3 for lifetime. The Goals are now sorted based on the number. e.g "3 - Stay healthy and fit".

I don't like using a kludge because it often ends up being a lot of work to maintain, but in this case it's pretty easy because there are relatively few Goals (compared to the number of tasks) and they don't change much. But, it's clear to me that the Goals section of Toodledo can be improved to make it more effective and easier to use.

This message was edited Dec 05, 2011.
Purveyor

Posted Dec 04, 2011 in: XML is the best way to back up data?
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Dec 04, 2011
Posted by Toodledo:
The best way to backup is to use our backup tool. This uses XML but exports more data than just tasks.
What data does it export besides tasks?
Purveyor

Posted Dec 03, 2011 in: XML is the best way to back up data?
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Dec 03, 2011
Posted by max:
Why does it say XML is the best way to backup please?
Because of the next sentence: "This will export all of your tasks (completed and uncompleted) along with all of their information (including notes, and subtasks)."
http://www.toodledo.com/tools/connect_xml.php

So, the XML file backs up your completed and uncompleted tasks in one file, instead of the two files for a CSV backup.
And, if you restore from the XML file, the connection between your tasks and subtasks will be preserved. This will not happen if you restore from the CSV file.
Purveyor

Posted Nov 30, 2011 in: is bold gone? (Top and High priority)
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Nov 30, 2011
Purveyor

Posted Nov 30, 2011 in: Apps you use on a daily basis
Score: -1
  • Purveyor
  • Score: -1
GTK, SG.
;)
Purveyor

• Purveyor
Yes, it will work. You can have more than one app access the same account, but you need to be careful with syncing issues. e.g. what happens if you edit a task with one app and then edit the same task with another app. I address some of the issues in another topic: http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/9335/-47067/syncing-ipad-tasks-with-an-iphone.html
Also, I've found that 2Do does not sync as reliably as the official Toodledo app.

You might find that you can achieve the same result by using just the Toodledo app and using Filters to hide and view each other's tasks.

This message was edited Nov 30, 2011.
Purveyor

Posted Nov 30, 2011 in: A task and a person
  • Purveyor
Go to Help, and in the section "Articles on Toodledo" there's "How to share tasks with other people", which takes you to this:
http://www.toodledo.com/info/sharing.php
Purveyor

• Purveyor
Go to Help, then Browse Help Topics, and go to the end of the list where you'll see questions about the iPhone.

One question is: How do I filter and sort tasks on iOS?

Here's the answer:

Tap on the spot above your list where it says "Hidden Tasks..." This will open the filter settings and allow you to hide or reveal certain tasks. For example, you could choose to hide completed tasks.
Purveyor

Posted Nov 29, 2011 in: How to display "Folders" as tabs
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Nov 29, 2011
The "tabs" are down the left side of the screen.
There's "Main", with various subsections.
And you can use Folder, Context, Goal, Due-Date, Priority, Tag, Status, and Location, if these fields are configured as available in Settings:
http://www.toodledo.com/account_edit.php?edit=8

This message was edited Nov 29, 2011.
Purveyor

Posted Nov 29, 2011 in: Context help?
Score: 1
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Nov 29, 2011
  • Score: 1
Posted by Salgud:
I've just modified my TD system to remove all personal tasks (which I've moved to Things at home and on my iPhone).
I recently removed all of business tasks from Toodledo and put them in Outlook Tasks, which I can now access on my iPhone through TaskTask: http://tasktaskapp.com. (It requires Outlook to be used with Exchange, though.)

After three years of buying into the idea that all my tasks should be in one place, I've determined that I can track and work my tasks more effectively with two completely separate lists. For now, I am still using Context in Toodledo for Errands and for tasks that I need to do at Home, but I think that I'll use Locations for my various errands and all my other personal tasks will be at home, so I won't need to use Context the way that I used to.

Joseimora's ideas about Contexts are interesting but I question of the use of "Schedules/Appointments". Things that need to be done at a scheduled time need a Due Date, and possibly a Due Time. Other tasks shouldn't have a Due Date (use a Start Date instead) so it's pretty easy to filter them without having to use another field. Actual appointments should be in a Calendar, not in Toodledo. Stand-alone "Information Units" should be in the Toodledo Notebook or in Evernote.

Anyway, that's what I think. ;)
Purveyor

Posted Nov 28, 2011 in: Sizing columns?
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Nov 28, 2011
It is way, way over to the right, next to your last column.
And, yes, you need to be in Grid View.

This message was edited Nov 28, 2011.
Purveyor

Posted Nov 28, 2011 in: Share or Collaborate on iPad or iPhone
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Nov 28, 2011
Purveyor

Posted Nov 25, 2011 in: Easy Integration with Outlook
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Nov 25, 2011
Hmmm ... I seem to be missing something about this trick.
Why not just open Toodledo in a browser?
Purveyor

Posted Nov 25, 2011 in: Time to Complete Tasks
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Nov 25, 2011
Barbara, it is an interesting idea but I have one suggestion: Get rid of your "list of shame", and I don't mean by completing all your tasks. Recognize that some tasks are just not that urgent and that's probably why you haven't completed them. But, some tasks are urgent and you can identify them as such by using the Priority field. The other tasks are just things you'd like to get done at some point in the future and you don't need to see them now. The fact that you haven't completed them is fine. You aren't expecting to complete them now.

I'm all for analyzing, but completing the important tasks is more ... important. ;)

This message was edited Nov 25, 2011.
Purveyor

• Purveyor
  • Posted: Nov 22, 2011
Die Website ist nur in Englisch verfügbar.
;)

The Toodledo iPhone app can be changed to various languages but not the website.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45      Next