ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Salgud"
Salgud

Posted Jul 31, 2012 in: Certain bills I enjoy paying
Score: 2
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jul 31, 2012
  • Score: 2
My TD Pro subscription was coming due, so I just went and paid for another year. It's one of those few bills I really enjoy paying - a lot of bang for the buck. This software just makes my life easier every day. Thanks, TD staff!
Salgud

Posted Jul 31, 2012 in: Show "no due date" tasks on Hot List
Score: 0
  • Salgud
  • Score: 0
I have my own Hotlist in Saved Searches which is similar to what you're asking. The date criteria are:

Due Date is before tomorrow
or
Start Date is before tomorrow
or
Due Date doesn't exist

Of course, there are other criteria to decide what is "Hot", like a status of Next Action or a Priority of Top and others.

I also have a view called, "Active, No Due Date", which specifically shows me these tasks, and is part of my Weekly Review list so that they get reviewed regularly and don't fall between the cracks.
Salgud

• Salgud
I'm not familiar with the iPad version, but I'll take a wild guess and say that the "Hotlist" on the iPad is the same view as the "Hotlist" on the web. It's in the "Main" set of views. You may have to Sort it by "Importance".

This message was edited Jul 31, 2012.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Jul 27, 2012
Posted by kdesign007:

Also it would be amazing to have the other feature mentioned with the ability to basically start a project, make a list of __# of sub tasks each with it's unique conservative projections of time to complete and have the algorithm estimate approximate date of completion but dynamically update as the project progresses and things fluctuate.

M$ Project, and other scheduling software, does that quite well.
Salgud

• Salgud
Posted by jirving:
Actually, this seems like a pretty easy feature to implement.

They're all easy if you don't have to do them yourself. :)
Salgud

• Salgud
At the moment, not possible. Probably on "the list".
Salgud

Posted Jul 23, 2012 in: LIfehacker poll
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jul 23, 2012
Posted by gggarrett:
The results of the poll have caused me to lose a lot of respect for the community of lifehacker readers. All of the other apps listed are far inferior to Toodledo, with many of them lacking essential features such as start dates. In addition, Toodledo is also a fantastic record-keeper; because the iOS app supports TextExpander, I can use the Notebook section to record what I'm doing and use time and date stamps, and I can do this offline (which is crucial since I have only an iPod Touch). Despite the poll, there is nothing else out there even close to being as good as Toodledo.

I think it depends on what you want. TD is, for some, overkill. Of course, you can dial it down and use less features, but for a user who only wants a few, why would you choose TD?
Salgud

Posted Jul 19, 2012 in: Toodledo Redesign - July 2011
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jul 19, 2012
Posted by bobtait:

I'd easily sacrifice the print button on the tool bar for this - who prints any more? :)

Based on the sales figures for printers, ink and paper, I'd say pretty much everybody!
Salgud

Posted Jul 18, 2012 in: New task inserts improvements
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jul 18, 2012
I only do it once, after I insert the tasks. Why do you do it over and over again? I think doing it more than once doesn't accomplish anything.
Salgud

Posted Jul 18, 2012 in: To create result areas.
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jul 18, 2012
You can also look through the forums for information on how others have dealt with this issue. For instance, in the GTD forum, there is a current thread discussing how to use Folders and Goals for managing projects. (It's a good idea to peruse the GTD forum, even if you're not a GTDer, as many of them are very sophisticated, knowledgeable and helpful TD users and they deal with many of the same issues the rest of us deal with, such as this one). There are other similar threads throughout these forums.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Jul 16, 2012
Thanks for doing that!
Salgud

Posted Jul 09, 2012 in: After reading "The Checklist Manifesto"
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jul 09, 2012
Posted by realethan_1336587232:
Any reason why you couldn't create a parent task as the checklist name, and then set the subtask checklist-items to repeat "on completion"?

The checklist items would disappear as you complete them, then the entire list would re-appear the next day.

I have tried something like that, but I could never really get total separation of my grocery list from my task list, so I kept getting "lettuce" showing up in my task list, and "Change oil" in my grocery list. YMMV.

My suggestion is that if you have a long, reuseable list of items, you open a separate free account for that purpose.
Salgud

Posted Jul 09, 2012 in: LIfehacker poll
  • Salgud
I would, but I'm banned! :(
Salgud

Posted Jul 09, 2012 in: Easier way to add a new task?
  • Salgud
It's on "the list".
Salgud

Posted Jul 09, 2012 in: Nested subtasks
  • Salgud
If you search the forums for nested subtasks, or multi-level tasks, you will find many, many posts, complete with replies from TD.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Jun 29, 2012
but it works fine in IE8. FF 13.0.1

I just went in and tried it again, now it works. But it wasn't for about 10 min, maybe more.
Salgud

Posted Jun 22, 2012 in: Converting tasks to subtasks
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jun 22, 2012
I don't know of any way to do this in the iOS app.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Jun 22, 2012
Don't "ditch the notebook" in favor of EN. Some of us are prohibited from using cloud storage of any kind, and EN is blocked on our state system.
Salgud

Posted Jun 18, 2012 in: The 'thought' context
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jun 18, 2012
You have tasks called "Joe", etc, under which you have an agenda of things to discuss with them. I just use a task named after the topic I wish to discuss, and tagged with "Talk", since I usually don't have lots of things to discuss.
Salgud

Posted Jun 18, 2012 in: limitations of GTD
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jun 18, 2012
Posted by gbehrendt:

Learning cannot be compressed.

Not sure what you're saying here. Can you elaborate?
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79   80   81      Next