Search results for "Posted by PeterW "
PeterW 

Posted Jun 08, 2010 in: New action button and moving note icons
Score: 0
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Jun 08, 2010
  • Score: 0
Very nice - thanks Jake!

Is there any chance the 'hand' icon (for dragging tasks) could be grayed out just a bit? It looks quite dominant alongside the new icon.

Actually, it would be even nicer if you could just change this icon to something like this: which these days seems to be the default icon used for draggable items.
PeterW 

Posted Jun 07, 2010 in: Synching from Toodledo to Outlook
Score: 1
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Jun 07, 2010
  • Score: 1
@MBBHouston,

It's not a cop-out answer. Just to clarify in case Toodledo's answer wasn't clear, Toodledo does not develop the Outlook sync software and they don't own it and therefore they can't support it.

You are using software developed by another company. It is designed to pull the data out of Toodledo and then put it into Outlook. Toodledo has absolutely nothing to do with the sync process aside from it being the repository of your tasks.

That's why you have to talk to the third-party developer, unless another user of that software in these forums can chip in with some suggestions.
PeterW 

Posted Jun 06, 2010 in: Hotlist bug
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Jun 06, 2010
Posted by Linh:
Hi, just wanted to point out that if a to do item has been created without a due date, then adding one later on will not automatically put it in the hotlist. I currently have my hotlist setting to include tasks with 2 or higher priorities and 7 days due dates. Thanks.

Hi Linh,

I just tried this in both FireFox 3.6.3 and Chrome 5.0.375.55 and it worked fine for me. When I added a due date of today to an existing task that had no due date, it then appeared in the Hotlist. When I removed the due date, the task was removed from the Hotlist.

The Notebooks are working fine for me also under Chrome and Firefox. I see the "Loading..." message momentarily then the Notebook opens.

It might be worth flushing out your browser cache and trying again just to be sure.
PeterW 

Posted Jun 03, 2010 in: Does anyone here use Springpad?
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Jun 03, 2010
I've never used it but saw the following comments from someone on another forum:

* lacks voice memos (useful while driving)
* UI includes calendar items and todo list (not needed if you already have Toodledo)
* integration with other apps - e.g. Evernote supports apps such as RSS readers and Jotnot. Not sure if Springpad does.
PeterW 

Posted Jun 03, 2010 in: Toodledo DF - Update
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Jun 03, 2010
Thanks for that. I just tried it - very cool.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Jun 02, 2010
Thanks for your post David. I'm also using Appigo Todo with Toodledo.

I have a 'Next' folder and don't use the Focus list, but I'm intrigued by your use of the 'Focus' list for Next. I think I will spend some time thinging about this as a possible enhancement for my own system.

I do have a 'Reference' folder but I've hidden it on Todo and only ever use it while on Toodledo.
PeterW 

Posted Jun 02, 2010 in: Quick add syntax?
  • PeterW 
Yep, makes sense. Not something I need but I'm sure that many do. I used to use syntax to tasks sent via email but decided to just dump everything into Inbox (whether via email or directly entered) and sort it later when I am processing the Inbox (i.e. No Folder).
PeterW 

• PeterW 
One other thing that might be worth considering...

If your tasks are getting rolled forward regularly then due dates are probably not working that well. I used to do this but have been following the "Getting Things Done" (GTD) methodology where you only ever put due dates on tasks that absolutely must get done that day. Tasks that would be 'nice' to get done do not get a due date because they simply don't have to get done that day and if other things get in the way, you waste time rolling them forward.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
Yes - go to the Search view and select the New Search tab.

By default the filter will already have:
Checked off = No
and
Task contains <empty>

Change the second filter to:
Due Date is today

Then click on <Search>.

When the records are displayed, click on Multi-Edit (on the toolbar at the top on the right hand side). Check the Due Date field and enter the new date you want in the field alongside (e.g. Tomorrow).

Click on <Save Changes> and you're done.

You can also save this search which will create a new tab for you and then you can use it whenever you like.

This message was edited Jun 02, 2010.
PeterW 

Posted Jun 02, 2010 in: Quick add syntax?
  • PeterW 
@FlyingSaucrDude:

Adding tasks in Toodledo is perhaps simpler than you think...

With keyboard shortcuts turned on, all it takes is 'n' to add a new task, type the task name and press <enter>. No need to tab through any other fields. Done.

And if you have a bunch of tasks to enter, you can use the multi-add feature which just reqires task names (each on a new line).
PeterW 

Posted Jun 01, 2010 in: Please hire a UI Designer
Score: -1
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Jun 01, 2010
  • Score: -1
It's great to see that BitAlpha is continuing to develop Taska. I might try their app out when the new version is available in the app store.

Appigo seem to have slowed down development of Todo recently, probably because they are spending time developing for the iPad.
PeterW 

Posted Jun 01, 2010 in: Overlap on screen
  • PeterW 
You could try zooming down your browser window. Ctrl- will step it down for you. I have to do this on my laptop at home.
PeterW 

Posted Jun 01, 2010 in: Please hire a UI Designer
Score: -1
  • PeterW 
  • Score: -1
Posted by David:
I'd probably use the web interface more often if it looked like this

http://culturedcode.com/styles_2.5/images/screenshot_things_big5.jpg

I'd never looked at Things before. Looks like Nirvana modelled their navi menu directly on this.
PeterW 

Posted May 31, 2010 in: Notes field icon in multi-line format
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: May 31, 2010
Hi there,

I've recently switched to using the Multi-line format/view which as you know shows only three fields: the star, the task name and the primary sort field (which I have set to Due Date).

I feel it would be a good idea to include the Notes field icon in this format so that the user can see if notes exist without having to first expand the task to show all fields. And it would provide another quick way to open up the task.

This message was edited May 31, 2010.
PeterW 

Posted May 29, 2010 in: Note on notefree task
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: May 29, 2010
Posted by manutau:
How do I add a note to a task which has none.
i can't find a way to edit inlisted notes. Aside from customizing options.

I'm assuming that you're asking about the Toodledo website, not the iPhone app?

If so, there is a small icon that looks like a page with a green + on it. If you're viewing your tasks in grid view mode, this icon is on the right hand side of all the other fields (it's the last one). You might have to sroll over if you can't see it.

If you are viewing Toodledo in multi-line mode, this icon is on the left hand side below your other fields alongside the text box.

Click on the icon and a notes/text field will open. Click inside this field and type away. When you have entered your notes, click back outside the text field and the icon will change to show that there is content (the page has a little red bar across it). Click the icon once more and it will close the notes field (to save screen space).
PeterW 

Posted May 29, 2010 in: ToDo and Toodledo, a little confusion
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: May 29, 2010
You're not missing anything. I started with Todo and purchased Toodledo because I was curious about it. I leave both on my phone just so I can tinker with Toodledo but my daily task management (when mobile) is with Todo.
PeterW 

Posted May 26, 2010 in: can you show when task was created?
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: May 26, 2010
There is one trick you can do to make this field appear... sort your current view by the 'Date Added' field and Toodledo will display it.
PeterW 

Posted May 26, 2010 in: Bug updating container count?
  • PeterW 
I don't know Mike. The Toodledo Admin recently announced that they'd just re-written the system core in preparation for a new phase of enhancements, so there's always hope that issues like this will be changed for the better.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
For iPhone users, there is a third-party app (free) named QuickToodle which allows fast entry of tasks. It's in the app store.
PeterW 

Posted May 26, 2010 in: Reset layout?
  • PeterW 
I think there is a bug with Stylish that causes this sometimes. Go into Tools-Addons-Extensions and disable Stylish. Then clear your cache and restart the browser.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53      Next