ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by PeterW "
PeterW 

Score: 0
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: May 26, 2010
  • Score: 0
Looks like the content of this spam post actually broke the forum!
PeterW 

Posted May 25, 2010 in: How to roll-over tasks?
Score: 1
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: May 25, 2010
  • Score: 1
Posted by ddara:
is there a way to automatically roll-over tasks onto the next day if they haven't been completed? And do it in the way that they would move to the next day in your calendar as well and don't just get lost in the past-due date? I've been struggling with this for a while now. Would really appreciate help!

Another way to approach this dilemma would be from the GTD perspective - i.e. consider not setting due dates on tasks unless they absolutelty positively must be done on that particular day. Any task that doesn't fall into the 'must be done on that day' category really shouldn't be assigned a due date.

I used to set due dates for most tasks and then roll them forward each day if they weren't done. When I thought about it, the tasks weren't really due - I'd just set an arbitrary date (i.e. a nice-to-be-done-by date). The fact that I didn't get them done and kept rolling them forward was proof they weren't really due.

This can save a lot of wasted time and takes off some pressure too.
PeterW 

Score: 2
  • PeterW 
  • Score: 2
We already get feedback that our requests have been added to the development todo list.

Publishing this list and showing the weight behind individual suggestions would be unwise in my opinion and probably create much more trouble amongst the user community than any perceived benefit.

This is my opinion - I'm just a user and can't speak for Toodledo...
PeterW 

Posted May 25, 2010 in: Importance Grouping on iPhone App
  • PeterW 
To access the sort criteria, tap on the light blue header just below the list title bar. It has "Sorted by..." written on it.

This will display a screen where you can change filters, contexts, tags and sort order.

Tap on the Sort button. You can now select three sort criteria. Make 'Priority' your first criteria, and for the second and third select whatever you want (e.g. alphabetical). Tap on 'Done' and you should see what you want.
PeterW 

Posted May 25, 2010 in: Updated Toodledo Distraction Free
  • PeterW 
Hi there,

Can you tell me exactly what this is - an app or script or...?

I went to your website but couldn't work out what you are offering.
PeterW 

Posted May 25, 2010 in: Bug updating container count?
  • PeterW 
Some things require a page refresh to update - this is one of them.
PeterW 

Posted May 25, 2010 in: Days remaining
  • PeterW 
This is already available but you have to hover your mouse over the due date to see it.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
@Honestly_Responsible: Toodledo is a business, not a democratic institution. We don't actually get a vote on the direction of the business, the planned enhancements, features, etc. We can't demand anything.

As customers, we simply use the service if it works for us and if it doesn't, then we go find something else that suits our needs better. No-one is stuck here in Toodledo-land.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
Yes, I'd like this too. I wouldn't want to pick up start and due dates from the parent, so perhaps a user setting would be best, e.g. you could simply check off which fields are to be inherited by new sub-tasks.
PeterW 

Posted May 24, 2010 in: Ability to drill down to one "task"?
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: May 24, 2010
Posted by jason.schleifer:
What I'd like to do is drill down and show only the current project I'm working on with all it's sub-tasks. Just to simplify and keep the interface clean.

Does anyone know of a good way to do this?

I guess you could have two folders, one for Active Projects and the other for Inactive (or Someday/Future) Projects. And then just file them accordingly.

EDIT: Or you could use the Status field to flag them as active and use a filter (or search tab) to show only the one you want to see.

This message was edited May 24, 2010.
PeterW 

Posted May 24, 2010 in: Folders
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: May 24, 2010
1. 'No Folder' is a default folder in Toodledo that you won't be able to delete. It's needed to hold new tasks that have not been assigned to one of the folders you have created.

2. Not sure why this is not working for you. I just tested it in my browser (FireFox) and it worked perfectly. Note that you can also create folders via the Folders link on the menu. Perhaps you could try it there?

This message was edited May 24, 2010.
PeterW 

Posted May 23, 2010 in: What we have been doing recently
Score: 3
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: May 23, 2010
  • Score: 3
I hope that Toodledo is not heading more towards the project management space. There are quite a few solutions already available in the market and they cater for the quite complex requirements of corporate customers.

As for price point, I feel that Toodledo is exactly where it should be - it's a cost that many users wouldn't think twice about paying. At $49 I think they'd lose quite a bit of business.
Just my $0.02.
PeterW 

Score: -1
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: May 22, 2010
  • Score: -1
Unfortunately Siri is only available for the USA at present.

Another voice service is Dial2do http://www.dial2do.com/
You just dial a number and talk to send a text or email. This is great in the car as you don't have to even pick up your iPhone if you have it setup for handsfree.
PeterW 

Posted May 22, 2010 in: Scott's GTD Setup
  • PeterW 
Posted by Scott:
Another problem is how do I reference and store electronic documents. Since Toodledo is limited to storing text, that leaves a big hole to overcome.

If you upgrade to a Pro-Plus subscription, you will get 5GB of storage space in which to upload files and you can attach these files to tasks.

See: http://www.toodledo.com/pro.php
and: http://www.toodledo.com/info/files.php
PeterW 

• PeterW 
Your iPad Todo app is doing the syncing so you will probably have to ask Appigo for help with this.

Regarding Projects, you will need to be a Toodledo subscriber for Todo Projects to be displayed as Parent tasks with sub-tasks. Without subscribing, they will all appear as individual tasks on Toodledo (i.e. flattened).
PeterW 

Posted May 21, 2010 in: What we have been doing recently
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: May 21, 2010
Thanks Jake - for both keeping everything working smoothly and for letting us know that things are moving forward.
PeterW 

Posted May 20, 2010 in: Firefox Add-On Ubuntu 9.10 (KK)
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: May 20, 2010
Sorry, I don't know. When you start talking about ubuntu I'm lost.

It sounds like you have the latest add-in version. So if your folders and contexts are not shown in the drop-down fields, the only thing it can be is that the add-in cannot access your Toodledo account. I'd suggest checking your ID & password again.
PeterW 

Posted May 20, 2010 in: Print: choose a layout
  • PeterW 
Julie - don't be disheartened. Toodledo is great. I agree that the printing layout is pretty limited, but printing out fancy lists is not what Toodledo is really aimed at.

It's a very flexible and functional task management and workflow aid that you can use on your computer and mobile via iPhone and other devices.
PeterW 

Score: 1
  • PeterW 
  • Score: 1
And the other thing is that as soon as a timeframe is given for something, the developer will get lynched if they fail to meet it. It's simply not worth doing that.
PeterW 

Posted May 19, 2010 in: Firefox Add-On Ubuntu 9.10 (KK)
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: May 19, 2010
I can't debug the error codes and am confused by the reference to 'Chrome' in one of the errors given that you're using FireFox.

But I would suggest that you do two things:
1. Update FireFox to the latest release build (3.6.3)
2. Update the Toodledo FireFox plug-in to the latest version (1.70).

Make sure you re-confirm your login details after loading the new plug-in. I'm using these versions and they work fine for me.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53      Next