ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Purveyor"
Purveyor

Posted Oct 20, 2011 in: Rules for synching
Score: 0
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 20, 2011
  • Score: 0
Maybe it's because you are using an iPhone 4 ...
Just kidding.

The "Force Sync" is a one-time option if, for some strange reason, there's a problem syncing. Afterwards, just use "Sync". Have you tried "Sync" lately?

I've been using Toodledo for more than three years and the only problems I've ever had with syncing were when I used a third-party app. Never a problem with the official Toodledo app.

In any case, if you are still worried about getting duplicates, you can backup your data on the website by using this: http://www.toodledo.com/tools/connect_backup.php, and restore if there's a problem with the sync.

And, you can always delete all tasks created on a particular day by using a Search and Multi-Edit: http://www.toodledo.com/info/search.php

This message was edited Oct 20, 2011.
Purveyor

Posted Oct 20, 2011 in: Best iPhone App to use with Toodledo?
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 20, 2011
Here's a comparison that someone did of iPhone task managers:
https://sites.google.com/site/dofastandwell/home/software/comparison-of-iphone-task-managers
The page has a link to a comparison chart.

And here's a topic in the Toodledo forums from over a year ago:
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/8/5793/0/comparison-of-iphone-ipad-toodledo-apps.html
Some of it is still relevant.

BTW, I remember now that I tried Taska but it was not very good at syncing with Toodledo, and it put various codes in the Notes section of some tasks.

And, here's a review of the iPad version of 2Do:
http://www.tuaw.com/2011/10/11/daily-ipad-app-2do/

This message was edited Oct 20, 2011.
Purveyor

Posted Oct 19, 2011 in: Rules for synching
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 19, 2011
Which iPhone app are you using?
The official Toodledo app does not have that warning.
See: http://www.toodledo.com/info/iphone.php
Purveyor

Posted Oct 19, 2011 in: Best iPhone App to use with Toodledo?
  • Purveyor
Posted by dannyw0011:
Too bad you're not on Android.
Why?
Purveyor

Posted Oct 19, 2011 in: Best iPhone App to use with Toodledo?
  • Purveyor
Okay, one more ...

I've used 2Do, Appigo's Todo, and the official Toodledo app.
I am currently using 2Do as my main task manager, and I use the Toodledo app to access "Recently Added" and "Recently Modified". I use Todo to access another Toodledo account that I use for a packing list.

I like the Todo interface but I don't like the way it syncs: too slow, too many fields missing, and too many errors.
I don't like the Toodledo interface but I like that it has most of the online features, and it syncs perfectly with the website.
I really like the 2Do interface, but that's not why I chose it. I want to track Projects (with multiple tasks) and 2Do is the best for that.

Hope that helps.
Purveyor

Posted Oct 18, 2011 in: iOS 5
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 18, 2011
Toodledo already has reminders based on location. On your iOS device, go to Settings in Toodledo and then Field & Defaults and make sure that "Location" is in the list of "Fields Used". If not, then drag Location up from "Unused Fields" to "Fields Used" by using the 3-bar icon on the far right. Then go to Location Alarms in Settings.

On your iOS device, go to Settings, Notifications to put Toodledo in the Notification Center.
Purveyor

Posted Oct 14, 2011 in: Multi-Level Subtasks
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 14, 2011
There have been many requests for multiple levels of subtasks in Toodledo. As far as I can tell, Toodledo has no immediate plans to implement this feature.

Here's a a fairly recent thread: http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/1247/3/subtasks-only-go-down-one-level.html

You can find more by using the "Search this forum" function and specifying "Multiple levels" or "Subtask levels".
Purveyor

Posted Oct 12, 2011 in: Offline Access - Google Gears
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 12, 2011
There are a few 3rd party tools that allow you to have offline access:
http://www.toodledo.com/tools/directory.php
Purveyor

Posted Oct 12, 2011 in: Different fixed sort options
  • Purveyor
That's right. The sort order for all Searches will be the same, regardless of the criteria.

Too bad. I think that the Searches would be much more useful if a sort order could be specified for each one.
Purveyor

Posted Oct 12, 2011 in: History All
  • Purveyor
Toodledo is a web-based application. All of the data is on the Toodledo server and not on your computer. (Unless you are using a third-party desktop application to sync with Toodledo.)

Any viruses on your computer will not affect the Toodledo data.
Purveyor

Posted Oct 11, 2011 in: After reading "The Checklist Manifesto"
Score: -1
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 11, 2011
  • Score: -1
Interesting that you mention SplashShopper. It was the closest that I found to a workable checklist but it wasn't very good as a shopping list (not dynamic enough). The packing list was pretty good, but there was no online syncing, and the desktop syncing was incomplete and unreliable. Also, the tech support was not very good.

Too bad. It came close to what I wanted. For now, though, Toodledo is better, and I am using your suggestion about having a separate Toodledo account.

This message was edited Oct 11, 2011.
Purveyor

Posted Oct 11, 2011 in: After reading "The Checklist Manifesto"
Score: 2
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 11, 2011
  • Score: 2
Yeah, I find that if it is a simple checklist that takes just a few minutes to review, then a note in the task is better than creating multiple subtasks.

For a packing list, I have too many items to track in a note so I use tasks (not subtasks) in a folder called "Packing". It's overkill to use Toodledo (with many fields that aren't necessary for a packing list) but I haven't found anything that does a better job. I would prefer just a simple packing list that has easy and reliable online sync from my iPhone.

The key characteristic of a checklist is that it isn't "necessary", in the sense that you already have all the info in your head (based on training and experience), and you can remember to do the items even without the checklist. Well, you can remember most of the items most of the time. The question, then, is: "What are the consequences if you don't remember one of the items?" If the consequences are seriously negative, and those consequences have already occurred several times in the past, then formulating and using a checklist is worthwhile, even if most of the time it seems that it is a waste of time.
Purveyor

Posted Oct 07, 2011 in: Not syncing deleted tasks with iPhone
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 07, 2011
Okay.
I've never encountered a syncing problem with the Toodledo app.
We'll need to wait for a suggestion from the developer.
Purveyor

Posted Oct 06, 2011 in: Not syncing deleted tasks with iPhone
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 06, 2011
First, are you using the Toodledo iPhone app or another iPhone app that syncs with Toodledo?
Purveyor

• Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 03, 2011
The Context is at the far right. Try maximizing your browser window and if that doesn't work then you'll have to scroll to the right.

This message was edited Oct 03, 2011.
Purveyor

Posted Oct 03, 2011 in: Mysterious tags
  • Purveyor
Thanks.
I did delete the tasks today so I'll see what happens over the next few days.
Purveyor

Posted Oct 03, 2011 in: Mysterious tags
Score: 1
  • Purveyor
  • Score: 1
When I am adding a task, I have several Tags showing up in the list of Tags but I can't find any tasks that have those tags.

I've tried finding them with a custom Search and they don't show up. (I used a Search with only one criterion: Tag is not "blank".)

Where are the tasks with those tags?

Also, am I right that Toodledo has no provision for deleting Tags from the Tag list other than to delete the tasks that have those Tags?

This message was edited Oct 03, 2011.
Purveyor

Posted Oct 02, 2011 in: How to turn notebook entry into a task?
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 02, 2011
It seems that this should be easy in Toodledo (as well as going from a Task to a Note), but, nope, you can't do it directly.

You'll need to create a task and then copy and paste the Note into the task.
Purveyor

Posted Oct 02, 2011 in: Todo from Appigo - very satisfied
  • Purveyor
That's good.
But, I stopped using Todo after the Mac version really screwed up my tasks. Fortunately, I had a backup.
Also, I found the iPhone/iPad sync to be extremely slow compared to the Toodledo app.

No Start Date, Status, Location, or Goal.
No Reminder that is separate from the Due Time.
You can't filter by more than one Context.
You can't create your own sort order, based on a choice of three ascending or descending fields.
You can't use the Toodledo filters: Hide Negative Priority, Hide Future tasks, Hide Deferred tasks
There are no Recent lists: Recently Added, Modified, or Completed.

Sorry, too much missing, plus unreliable, incomplete, slow synchronization.
Purveyor

Posted Oct 02, 2011 in: Again, about subtasks question...
  • Purveyor
Posted by mosg:
Maybe I have to order Pro account to get this things work or what?
Yes, that's right. You need a Pro subscription to use subtasks in Toodledo.
See: http://www.toodledo.com/pro.php
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45      Next