Search results for "Posted by PeterW "
PeterW 

Posted May 19, 2010 in: New Style - Toodledo Me Too
Score: 0
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: May 19, 2010
  • Score: 0
Yes, I see the same thing.

My guess is that this is related to the fact that the date popup window has been positioned centrally in the browser window rather than right over where the field is located, which is where your mouse would normally be (and how Toodledo works by default). So when you move your mouse pointer, Toodledo detects that you're outside the popup and closes it automatically. Why the popup stays up on the second attempt I don't know.

I've been meaning to look at the script to see if I can work out which bit of code needs tweaking.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: May 19, 2010
Hi Tracy,

For your sub-task to appear, you will need to toggle the setting so that sub-tasks are 'Flattened'. If you have them set to either 'Hidden' or 'Indented', they won't be visible.
PeterW 

Posted May 18, 2010 in: Slow Website, yet again
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: May 18, 2010
I had some more loading delays today so shutdown FF and used Chrome with no user script/skin. Same thing happened. It often seems to be when changing tabs (e.g. folders) and in each instance, both in FF and Chrome, the status bar at the bottom of the browser shows "Waiting for images.toodledo.com...".
PeterW 

• PeterW 
The link is on the Tools & Services page.

http://www.toodledo.com/connect_ical.php
PeterW 

Posted May 18, 2010 in: How do you print a notebook?
  • PeterW 
Ah, OK. Printing with older versions of IE was never very good in my experience.

If you can install FireFox or Chrome you will get a much better result, but I am guessing that you are on IE7 because it has been mandated?
PeterW 

Score: 1
  • PeterW 
  • Score: 1
Thanks. I wondered if it might be FF.

But I am persisting with it because I can use Stylish scripts to make the site look nice.
PeterW 

Posted May 18, 2010 in: Updated Firefox Addon
  • PeterW 
F5 Refresh works ok for me.
PeterW 

Score: 1
  • PeterW 
  • Score: 1
I've noticed some sporadic slowness in loading lately but not sure why. Other sites aren't affected. If I close and reopen the browser window it usually goes back to normal.
PeterW 

Posted May 18, 2010 in: How do you print a notebook?
  • PeterW 
You can print notes. It's just simple printing from your web browser but it's perfectly functional.
PeterW 

Posted May 18, 2010 in: Print: choose a layout
  • PeterW 
Notes are printed if they are displayed on the screen. I think the original poster just doesn't want to see note icon.

At present, Toodledo just prints whatever is on the screen.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
My only other thought is that if you are using the free version of Toodledo, it will only show projects/checklists 'flattened'. That is, sub-tasks can't be hidden or indented. You have to be a paid subscriber in order for it to display this way in Toodledo.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: May 17, 2010
I use Appigo Todo on the iPhone and sync it with Toodledo. This works OK for me both for Projects and Checklists.

Appigo's iPad version of Todo is a different program, so perhaps that's where the problem lies?
PeterW 

• PeterW 
The only thing I can think of is to create a copy of the task rather than use the repeat feature. I do this from time-to-time. For example:

1. Before checking off the task that you've just completed, hover your mouse over the checkbox and select 'Clone this task'. A copy will be created.
2. Add notes to the first task as needed, then check it off as done.
3. Edit the cloned task, e.g. change the due date to tomorrow, add/change/remove notes, etc.

I know it's not as automated as using repeating tasks but given that you have to manually check off a task anyway, it's not too much more to create a copy for the following day/week/whatever.

This message was edited May 17, 2010.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
I opened a free account with RTM and must say that I was extremely underwhelmed.

And I agree - the tone of the posts from RTM in their own forums is not exactly professional.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: May 16, 2010
@tbaker - sounds like a really cool idea.

Although I sometimes wonder if we're advancing the forgetfullness of humankind.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: May 16, 2010

Amusing.

I posted a message in that thread at RTM with a link to Appigo's statement on the issue, which obviously conflicts with what RTM is saying.

They deleted it!
PeterW 

Posted May 15, 2010 in: "Check All" Tasks
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: May 15, 2010
Hi,

There is no checkbox field alongside Toodledo tasks other than the 'completed' checkbox.

To make bulk changes, you simply need to go to the Search tab and perform a search using whatever criteria you want. Then click on the Multi-Edit link on the right hand side and you will be presented with a range of checkboxes and fields so you can update values or delete records.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: May 15, 2010
Posted by andrew:
Re item 2, you already have the ability to hide columns in the Task List. Just right click on a column header, then uncheck any columns you don't want to see. Is that what you meant?

Hi Andrew,

No, I found that. What I meant was the ability to hide fields in the actual task form used when adding a task.

Cheers,
Peter.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: May 14, 2010
Yes, and in fact Toodledo is already helping out:
http://www.appigo.com/todo/rtm-status

And BTW there is another thread in the forums about this here:
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/8/5979/-1/todo-and-toodledo-is-offering-a-pro-account-for-free.html#n ewest

The guys are RTM must be mad!
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: May 14, 2010
Hi Andrew,

I've just tried TaskAngel out for the first time now that tags are supported. You've done a great job. The interface is quite straighforward and intuitive and the the navigation tree on the left hand side is great - it makes it so simple to instantaneously display tasks by context, tag, due-date, etc. This is a really cool feature.

Here are a few things I would like to see:
1. Ability to hide future tasks until start date arrives
2. Ability to hide fields not used
3. Ability to hide filters not used (e.g. I don't use Status and therefore don't need that, nor the Next Action flag)
4. Ability to rename 'Projects' to 'Folders'.

The last one is important because it means that TaskAngel doesn't match Toodledo. I have folders named Next, Projects, Reference, Someday and Waiting for. So in TaskAngel these all appear under the 'Projects' label which kinda doesn't make sense. Same for the Next Action filter in the tree.

A few other minor things I noticed:
a. The Task window (i.e. adding a task) does not remember its size if you have changed it. It always defaults back to a set size.
b. There are no window control buttons in the add-a-task window (e.g. X-close, etc).

Overall, this is a great application, and syncing worked perfectly - no problems at all so it seems like a very viable solution for those who want to work offline.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53      Next