http://www.toodledo.com/slim/
Purveyor

Posted Sep 30, 2011 in: ipad 2 calendar
Score: 0
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Sep 30, 2011
  • Score: 0
Take a look at these two Help topics:
Does Toodledo work with Google Calendar? http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=23
Can I sync my tasks with my Calendar? http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=26
Purveyor

• Purveyor
  • Posted: Sep 30, 2011
Posted by synergyinvestmentgrp:
I read, if I upgrade to Pro account we can have multiple email accounts show up in the tasks and/or calendar in Toodledo.
Where did you read this?

Here's the Help topic on Collaboration and Sharing: http://www.toodledo.com/info/sharing.php
Purveyor

Posted Sep 29, 2011 in: baffled by styles/skins
Score: 3
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Sep 29, 2011
  • Score: 3
The skin was designed for the previous version of Toodledo's website.

There was a major redesign of the Toodledo website, as outlined here:
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/1/11544/0/toodledo-redesign-july-2011.html
Purveyor

Posted Sep 28, 2011 in: Viewing recently deleted tasks
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Sep 28, 2011
According the Help topic here http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=13

Be careful with deleting tasks, as there is no way to undelete them. If you accidentally deleted a task or think that a task was deleted by a third-party application, you can check your "Recently Deleted Tasks" list. This is located in your account settings at the bottom of the page.
The "Recently Deleted Tasks" used to be at the bottom of the Account Settings page. Now it's at the top left.
Purveyor

Posted Sep 23, 2011 in: Edit Completed Date?
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Sep 23, 2011
I did ask: What am I missing here?
I haven't done much website development. In desktop applications, it is easy to lock and unlock a form field in applications developed in at least three of the languages in Visual Studio.
The fact that your API allows the completion date to be modified makes it clear that there's no peculiar limitation in your database structure. You can display the field on the website but you can't make it editable. Is this a limitation of Ajax?

Anyway, I'm guessing that an explanation of the problem is quite technical and beyond the scope of this forum. I was just wondering.
Purveyor

• Purveyor
Okay Jake, but what I missing here? I've done a lot of work with databases and input screens, and it is trivially easy to lock or unlock a field for editing.

It seems to me that you could make the required change in the time that it took you to compose your post. What is the issue that is holding you back?
Purveyor

Posted Sep 23, 2011 in: Multiple Timestamped Notes for Task
  • Purveyor
Salgud, I guess it takes you longer than 5 seconds to type "Toodledo" ...
Purveyor

• Purveyor
Who is blaming Toodledo?
Purveyor

Score: 2
  • Purveyor
  • Score: 2
@Salgud, you're way out of line here.

Do you mark every task as complete the instant that you complete it? Have you never noticed later in the day or on the following day that a task was completed even though you hadn't checked it off? In other words, have you never made a mistake that you would like to correct?

And, to answer the question by Folke X: It can be very useful to know how long it took to complete a task and you can't do that correctly unless the completion date is correct. Some people even get paid based on how long it takes to complete a project. The documentation of the dates and times for that project consists of more than what's in Toodledo but it's nice to have those dates and times in Toodledo to review, analyze and submit. One of the important dates is the Date Completed. If this date is wrong, then any report or analysis based on that date will be wrong. What do you do if the date is wrong? You correct it, right? Except that for some bizarre reason, Toodledo doesn't allow this field to be edited.

Hope that helps.
Purveyor

Posted Sep 22, 2011 in: Editing files
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Sep 22, 2011
It is really possible because of the way that the internet works:
Edit files remotely
With SugarSync your changes sync back to your computer automatically. Forget to leave your computer on? No worries! You have full access to all of your synced files even when your computers are offline, so you can edit your files from anywhere. The next time your computer connects to the Internet, all the changes you made in your SugarSync website sync back to the cloud and to your other devices automatically.

http://www.sugarsync.com/products/access.html

And, it is possible to save a file directly from Word to the internet, if you use Word 2010:
Save a document to your Skydrive from Office 2010

This message was edited Sep 22, 2011.
Purveyor

Posted Sep 22, 2011 in: ICAL syncing with Toodledo
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Sep 22, 2011
I'm having the same problem.
Purveyor

Posted Sep 21, 2011 in: Questioning TD support
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Sep 21, 2011
Posted by Salgud:
I mean that my mail client (Mail) won't accept the TD email address that I can use to send tasks to TD. It's says the SMTP server can't send it. But it sends everything else just fine.
Sorry, I thought I had a suggestion but I got nuttin'. :|
The situation does seem strange.

This message was edited Sep 21, 2011.
Purveyor

Posted Sep 20, 2011 in: Bulk shift subtask due dates
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Sep 20, 2011
You need to install the Analysis Toolpak to use the EDATE function.
But do you really want to move a task exactly one month into the future? If not, you can just add a number of days to a date with a formula like =a1+ 28 (which will keep the Due Date on the same day of the week).

kaeldra, with only 15 to 20 tasks, you're better off just editing the tasks individually. This will probably take less time than an export/import, and less likely to result in some major errors, and it will preserve the original entry date. Even the Multi-Edit function is probably too much work for a small number of tasks that require different dates.

Edited to add:
Do you really need dates for the subtasks? Something to think about.

This message was edited Sep 21, 2011.
Purveyor

Posted Sep 20, 2011 in: Questioning TD support
  • Purveyor
I'm guessing that Salgud means OS X rather than IOS.

He mentions "iMac" and "Mac" two times each, and he seems to be answering your question "What email client do you use on your Mac?"

Salgud, what do you mean that you can't send a TD email to your TD account from your iMac at home? Your Toodledo account isn't on your computer -- it's on Toodledo's website and you access it from your computer.

Are you saying that when you click on the Actions icon in your task list and select "Email task" you get an error?
Or are you trying to use Mail to send a task to your Toodledo account?

This message was edited Sep 20, 2011.
Purveyor

Posted Sep 20, 2011 in: Bulk shift subtask due dates
  • Purveyor
How many subtasks do you want to change?

You can try the Search and Multi-Edit feature: http://www.toodledo.com/info/search.php
You can use "Is subtask" as one of the search criteria.

Also, if you export/import, you can make whatever changes you want in Excel, and even create a formula to change the dates, so the due dates don't have to be the same.

Keep in mind that when you import, there's no checking for duplicates, so you'll have to delete the old tasks. Also, the Date Created and Date Modified fields will be set to the date that you imported the tasks.
Purveyor

• Purveyor
The completed task will have Repeat set to "None".
Purveyor

Posted Sep 20, 2011 in: After reading "The Checklist Manifesto"
Score: 1
  • Purveyor
  • Score: 1
Here's the article in The New Yorker that formed the basis for the book by Dr. Atul Gawande: http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2007/12/10/071210fa_fact_gawande

And here's an example of a checklist that had dramatic results:
Doctors are supposed to (1) wash their hands with soap, (2) clean the patient’s skin with chlorhexidine antiseptic, (3) put sterile drapes over the entire patient, (4) wear a sterile mask, hat, gown, and gloves, and (5) put a sterile dressing over the catheter site once the line is in. Check, check, check, check, check. These steps are no-brainers; they have been known and taught for years. So it seemed silly to make a checklist just for them. Still, Pronovost asked the nurses in his I.C.U. to observe the doctors for a month as they put lines into patients, and record how often they completed each step. In more than a third of patients, they skipped at least one.
Pronovost and his colleagues monitored what happened for a year afterward. The results were so dramatic that they weren’t sure whether to believe them: the ten-day line-infection rate went from eleven per cent to zero. So they followed patients for fifteen more months. Only two line infections occurred during the entire period. They calculated that, in this one hospital, the checklist had prevented forty-three infections and eight deaths, and saved two million dollars in cost.
The checklists provided two main benefits, Pronovost observed. First, they helped with memory recall, especially with mundane matters that are easily overlooked in patients undergoing more drastic events. (When you’re worrying about what treatment to give a woman who won’t stop seizing, it’s hard to remember to make sure that the head of her bed is in the right position.) A second effect was to make explicit the minimum, expected steps in complex processes.

This message was edited Sep 20, 2011.
Purveyor

• Purveyor
  • Posted: Sep 19, 2011
You can Sort by the hidden fields: "Date Added", "Date Modified", "Date Completed".

When you sort by any of these fields, they become visible.
Purveyor

Posted Sep 15, 2011 in: account expiry?!?!? NOOOO!
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Sep 15, 2011
Sorry, I provided wrong information.

This message was edited Sep 15, 2011.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45      Next