ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by PeterW "
PeterW 

Posted May 13, 2010 in: Tag cloud not updated
Score: 0
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: May 13, 2010
  • Score: 0
Jake - apologies... I wasn't meaning to say that the delay in your response was irritating me. It was the bug itself that was doing that. I use Toodledo so much now and I am so used to typing a few letters of the tag name and then tabbing off the field. This of course kept making the initial uppercase character a lowercase one, so then I'd have to go back and edit it again. So I figured I'd just put it back the way it was and deal with it later when the problem was solved.

Your provision of a fast fix was very much appreciated.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
Wow... the Appigo guys seem pretty easy to get along with in my experience so this is surprising. Oh well, good news for Toodledo.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
Thanks David. I don't have an iPdad yet... they're slated for initial release in Australia later this month. I'm still not sure if I really need one either!

I like Appigo's UI design on the iPhone but Toodledo is catching up, so I was interested to see what they'd done for the iPdad.

The intial syncing on Todo was a bit annoying so I just manually sync now, usually after starting up and before shutting down. It's been reliable.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
Posted by Toodledo:
By the way, bumping topics actually makes me read them slower since I always read from oldest to newest.

Yeah, I noticed. :(

After waiting a few days and seeing you on the forum I eventually gave up and multi-edited them all back to lowercase because it was p!ssing me off big time.
PeterW 

Score: 1
  • PeterW 
  • Score: 1
**bump**
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: May 11, 2010
Posted by David:
I just downloaded Appigo TODO's new iPad app but I'll still keep this app installed to keep an eye on the updates :-D

Can you let us know your thoughts on Appigo's app when you've road tested it? Thanks.
PeterW 

Posted May 11, 2010 in: Tag cloud not updated
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: May 11, 2010
*bump*
PeterW 

Posted May 10, 2010 in: Can't Search Toodledo
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: May 10, 2010
Don't worry... search is still there.

It's part of the scrollable screen and by default is hidden at the top. Simply swipe downwards with your finger to show the search field. It works exactly the same as other Apple iPhone apps such as the Contacts app.
PeterW 

Posted May 09, 2010 in: Tag cloud not updated
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: May 09, 2010
...and having done this, the auto-complete function is now stuffed. If I begin to type the word 'Business' and tab-off after the tag in the cloud is highlighted, Toodledo matches the existing tag in the cloud, so changes the initial uppercase 'B' to a lower case 'b'. Harumph!

So this has really made my tags a PITA. If this is not easily fixable I will have to multi-edit all of my tags back to lower case.

Jake???

This message was edited May 09, 2010.
PeterW 

Posted May 09, 2010 in: Sort tasks
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: May 09, 2010
Unfortunately you cannot manually sort except for sub-tasks of a parent task.

This has been requested so it is on the developer's todo list.
PeterW 

Posted May 08, 2010 in: Toodledo web app
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: May 08, 2010
This request has been made quite frequently and my guess is that it would be a fair way up the developer's todo list. Although no-one knows what time frame would be.

Meanwhile, if you use or can switch to FireFox as your web browser, there is a free add-on named Stylish that can be used to improve a website's appearance. A number of Toodledo users have developed scripts for use with Stylish that make a big difference. Look here for screenshots:
http://userstyles.org/styles/browse/toodledo.com
PeterW 

Posted May 08, 2010 in: Tag cloud not updated
  • PeterW 
Interesting... I tried multi-editing all tags named Business and changed to Busness (deliberately spelled wrong) and this caused the tag cloud and tab labels to be updated. I then multi-edited again and spelled it correctly (and with an uppercase 'B') assuming this would get around the problem...

No. The tag cloud and tab labels all reverted to lower case!

Seems they have a memory that can't be wiped!
PeterW 

• PeterW 
Excellent! Thanks for a great tip.

One other thing that would help make this work better would be the ability to save a 'view', i.e. to be able to remove some columns for printing and save it so that it can be easily recalled when needed.
PeterW 

Posted May 08, 2010 in: Tag cloud not updated
  • PeterW 
Hi there,

I use 5 tags in my system, and all were entered as lower case, e.g. business, personal, etc.

I decided today to capitalise the first letter of all my tags, e.g. Business, Personal, etc.

After updating all tasks including completed tasks, and checking that all have been changed, a problem remains... for some reason the tags in the popup tag cloud remain in all lower case, and when I view-by tag, the folder names are all lower case too.

Why have the tag cloud and folder labels ignored the change? Can I fix it?
PeterW 

Posted May 07, 2010 in: iPhone App questions: Tags & Searches
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: May 07, 2010
Posted by kennethed:
Same here. Lack of support for tags as a default view made the iPhone/iPad apps useless to me.

You can definitely set a default view by Tags on the iPhone.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: May 06, 2010
LOL...
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: May 06, 2010
Claudio - apologies... yes, I didn't mean that there was always a search bar at the top, just that a single tap returns you to the top of any screen that scrolls. At least I haven't found an app where this doesn't work. I assumed it was a standard part of the OS. I like to use this so that I don't accidentally tap or swipe some data and change its state while trying to scroll.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: May 05, 2010
Posted by Claudio:
The Search bar is at the top of the list of tasks. You can see it if you drag down the list as if you were looking for a task that is above the first task in your list.

Another way of saying this:

Posted by Toodledo:
For those who haven't found it, the search bar is above the top task, so you just need to scroll up a little.

Or simply tap the title bar on the screen which causes the screen to auto-scroll to the top. This works in all iPhone apps.
PeterW 

Posted May 05, 2010 in: PhraseExpress
  • PeterW 
Yeah, but I would be using it 'commercially', i.e. at work. So to get all the best features it's $139. Not cheap for a utility.
PeterW 

Posted May 05, 2010 in: PhraseExpress
  • PeterW 
Looks great, but it's not cheap!
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53      Next