ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by boydston01"
boydston01

Posted Feb 02, 2018 in: Toodledo 2017 - The Year in Review
Score: 5
Yeah, I strongly prefer a good dedicated/native app over a good web app!
boydston01

Posted Jan 19, 2018 in: ToodleDo Needs a Project Manager
Score: 1
Posted by Owa Dev_Greg:
my comment is similar to Fiona.h

Also this new transparency could be a money maker/subscriber benefit. To have the ability to vote, to become a stakeholder of Tooddledo, you must have a certain level of subscription.

I have always liked the idea of giving paying customers more influence over the product than non-paying customers!
boydston01

Posted Sep 13, 2017 in: About manual sorting
Score: 0
A potential workaround is to use subtasks. You could make a task for "today" and then add all of todays tasks as subtasks.

This workaround did not work for me because the mobile app does not support dragging tasks to reorder.
boydston01

Posted Sep 13, 2017 in: About manual sorting
Posted by coolexplorer:
TDs intelligent sorting is fine for 95% of the database except the Hotlist. No one can realistically manually sort hundreds of tasks so TDs intelligent sorting by the importance algorithm is fine.
It is only in the Hotlist, where the rubber actually meets the road, and there are only 10 to 20 tasks to be done today or tomorrow that I require greater human control.
There are some tasks that I must or would like to do first thing in the morning and others later on in the afternoon, evening or night. Rather then expending time and energy repeatedly evaluating and deciding what to do next from a list of 30 items each time I see my list, if I sort them with an intelligent and realistic 'order of doing' the previous night, I can just quickly get down to the task of doing them and ticking them off.
I use custom saved searches, and have tried using Tags and Start Date Times to mimic the above but these fields take too long to enter, and tags bunches up the tasks if there is more than one tag.
My current way around is to hijack and use the Location field (since I don't use it for location reminders) with numbers and 'morning', 'evening', and 'tomorrow' to mimic a manual sort. Would like something simpler though without using a hack. Cheers!

I feel like this is the right direction for how to integrate manual sorting along with the rich auto sorting/filtering. Special list (maybe hotlist) with determined criteria for which tasks auto appear in that list. But once they are in that list, all sorting is manual.
boydston01

Posted Jul 26, 2017 in: Not syncing
Hey Jake, all day Friday, 7/21, (at least that long) sync was down for me between web and ios toodledo (and informant too, not surprisingly). I created tasks on both platforms and syncing would not occur from either direction. From iOS, the sync indicator would show but tasks would not sync.

Unfortunately, I was unable to get a quick response from support and then, when they responded, they seemed to disregard the sync fail between web and ios toodledo and dismissed the problem as a third party issue.

So I am wondering if it possible and suggesting a support track that highly prioritises paying customers with critical errors? Especially understanding that your support response time is not expected to be fast, maybe this would be good. Having sync down for an entire day was terrible.

Thanks for listening.
boydston01

Posted Jul 21, 2017 in: Not syncing
Thanks, Jake. I have a ticket that has been responded to. I'll keep work the problem there. (Though, the answer is Toodledo ios.) Thanks.
boydston01

I really need my syncing to work, asap!
boydston01

Anyone else having trouble syncing?
boydston01

It sounds to me like you may need an app more akin to a full blown project management solution.
boydston01

Posted Jul 02, 2017 in: More keyboard control = GOOD!
Unfortunately, it is hard for me to say because I never really used keyboard control in the old layout because I did not think I could do anything very useful. Now I can do most everything I want easily: edit title, start/due date, priority, folder, and tags. However, my own ignorance of the previous function may playing a part here.

Btw, do you use grid view or multi-line view?
boydston01

Posted Jul 01, 2017 in: More keyboard control = GOOD!
First a shout-out to the improved keyboard control! It has been great doing a lot of task managing without having to alternate between keyboard and mouse.

So, thanks for that!

Second, please keep the improvements coming! Especially thinking of "complete task" keyboard shortcut. Feels very missing-in-action right now!

(unrelated (but I will not stop harping on this), please make "saved searches" more accessible in the ios mobile app. At least make it so that the app can open to saved searches...)
boydston01

Posted Jul 01, 2017 in: future tasks: web versus email
Excellent, thanks!
boydston01

Yeah, I've brought this up before.

On desktop chrome, it is something like 5 seconds—which is still too fast for me. I can see why you would NOT want it to remain in edit mode INDEFINITELY, but I think MUCH longer than 5 seconds would be good. 10-15 seconds maybe.
boydston01

Posted Jun 19, 2017 in: future tasks: web versus email
If this is going to be implemented, might you make an exception and give a timeframe? When I am creating a task from an email, I am always anxious that the new way has been implemented and my date will not set correctly! Anxiety = bad vs. peace of mind = good!
boydston01

Where is this "MYN configuration?"

I found manage your now to be transformative (and the major reason I chose toodledo after leaving ms exchange) when i worked in an environment with constant and fast changing priorities. There was always a stream of new tasks and all were the highest and most urgent tasks. It was really only the passing of time that revealed with tasks were truly most urgent and important.
boydston01

Posted May 17, 2017 in: New task form disappears
Yeah, I think that reasoning makes sense—I mean it should not remain in edit mode indefinitely! But I would say make the field edit timeout much more generous. It seems to be about 4-5 seconds right now. Occasionally, I am still thinking when it times out. Certainly, I could train myself to not enable edit until I am ready to type but if I have gotten to a field and still have thinking to do, it is nice to be thinking in a '100% ready to type answer' mode.

Anyway, I will be watching for the new form disappearing issue.

Thanks.
boydston01

Posted May 16, 2017 in: New task form disappears
Hmmm... interesting. It happens enough (though inconsistent) that I thought it was intended behavior. I will start paying closer attention to see if I can notice something about when it happens. But now that I specifically test it, the new task form does seem to just stay open...

Related, when editing a field, I also get this "timeout" behavior—whether in a new task or editing a field in grid view. Is that intended behavior? Is it supposed to go away after a few seconds if you don't type anything?

Also, now that I think more carefully about it, the fact that editing a field "times out" on me often, I think that has made me feel like the new task form has disappeared more times than it actually has. So maybe it has only done it as few as 2 or 3 times.

This message was edited May 16, 2017.
boydston01

Posted May 16, 2017 in: New task form disappears
The new task form disappears while adding a new task. It seems to be some sort of timeout, which might not be so bad if it were REALLY good at registering ALL keyboard/mouse activity and always resetting the timeout timer. The current behavior results in me sometimes pausing for a few seconds, then I figure out what to type and about the same time that i start to type, the form disappears and a bunch of keyboard shortcuts register instead.
boydston01

Posted May 15, 2017 in: future tasks: web versus email
In the new layout, you must type "in 2 days" and from an email, you must type "2 days" (like the old layout).

I really think the text strings should be uniform.
boydston01

Posted May 15, 2017 in: New Layout
Posted by Jake:
Type "return" to enter edit mode. Type "1" to change the priority. Type "return" to save changes.

Isn't it supposed to be "space" to enter edit mode? I feel you might need a little more uniformity here since hitting enter is only for saving when creating a new task. IOW, while adding a new task, if you hit "enter" to enter edit mode, it saves the task instead.

I definitely think enter should remain as save, because it makes adding new tasks very quickly (no need to tab to the save button to finish). So maybe settle on spacebar for field edit mode.

Maybe it is not a big deal though. Also I see one scenario where you cannot have uniformity: entering a new task really needs "tab" for cycling thru the fields; arrow keys would be much too arduous.

Another small inconsistency is spacebar does not enter edit more for task title.

This message was edited May 16, 2017.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8      Next