ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by c5000nc"
c5000nc

Posted Feb 24, 2015 in: Toodledo Redesign Plans
Score: 0
  • c5000nc
  • Posted: Feb 24, 2015
  • Score: 0
I was thinking more involved To Do's that had 3 or 4 layers.

Posted by Salgud:
Posted by c5000nc:
It would seem an easier solution to the issue of re-designing Tasks to act more like Projects

Not sure what you mean here, "more like Projects". What kind(s) of Projects?
c5000nc

Posted Feb 21, 2015 in: Toodledo Redesign Plans
Score: 1
  • c5000nc
  • Posted: Feb 21, 2015
  • Score: 1
It would seem an easier solution to the issue of re-designing Tasks to act more like Projects is to simply allow Outlines (and perhaps Lists, Habits and Notes) to have Fields that allow them to be included in the Tasks list section. The Outline could have a Check Box if we wanted it included in the Tasks section. That would lead to asking us to complete the Task Fields for it.

This way, an Outline can serve as a Project, with all the Task fields so it could show up in whatever Tasks lists desired. If one wanted to use the Outline function as it is, they would not check the Check Box.

This would allow us to have Outlines/Projects fully integrated into our Task lists like any other tasks, without a major Task re-design. It would be important to be able to work on the Outline by clicking on it within Tasks, ideally without having to toggle back and forth between Tasks and Outlines.

Posted by Jake:
You can already attach multiple notes/outlines/lists to a task if you have a Gold subscription.
c5000nc

Posted Feb 21, 2015 in: Toodledo Redesign Plans
  • c5000nc
  • Posted: Feb 21, 2015
I see that now. Thanks!! On the Android app, in the Task list or when editing the Task, I couldn't see an Outline I attached to a Task. I assume that will come later.

Posted by Jake:
You can already attach multiple notes/outlines/lists to a task if you have a Gold subscription.
c5000nc

Posted Feb 17, 2015 in: Toodledo Redesign Plans
  • c5000nc
  • Posted: Feb 17, 2015
One solution would be to give us the option of attaching multiple Notes, Outlines, Lists and Habits to a Parent Task, similar to a SubTask. For example, this would allow those who wanted an extensive Outline as part of a Task to have it as an Outline under/attached to a Task. This would seem to be a much easier design feature than trying to re-design Tasks to have Outlines, Lists, etc.

Posted by Ken Thomas:
I agree!

Instead of having the discrete silos (Tasks / Notes / Outlines / Lists / Habits) in their separate tabs along the top of the webpage not being integrated, you could possibly have the following integrated tabs (Tasks / Projects / Ideas / Goals) instead!

I think Toodledo currently has the basic features needed to make this work. I have no doubt there’s a bit of work integrating the current features that Toodledo has and there is the need to have a better user interface and website navigation for each of the suggested tabs – but wouldn’t it be something if Toodledo could pull it off!

Having Tasks / Projects / Ideas / Goals as the four main tabs / pillars on which organise your life would be far better way to do things.
c5000nc

Posted Feb 12, 2015 in: Toodledo Redesign (Phase 2)
  • c5000nc
  • Posted: Feb 12, 2015
This happens only with Tasks and Notes, not the other sections.
Posted by c5000nc:
Newly formatted headings are covering up the upper left and upper right info I use constantly. It also makes It difficult to see these headings now because they are on top of other words. I use Explorer 11, Windows 7 and a 17" screen. This is a degradation of ToodleDo until this is corrected.
c5000nc

Posted Feb 12, 2015 in: Toodledo Redesign (Phase 2)
  • c5000nc
  • Posted: Feb 12, 2015
Newly formatted headings are covering up the upper left and upper right info I use constantly. It also makes It difficult to see these headings now because they are on top of other words. I use Explorer 11, Windows 7 and a 17" screen. This is a degradation of ToodleDo until this is corrected.
c5000nc

Posted Jan 26, 2014 in: Chrome bugs
  • c5000nc
  • Posted: Jan 26, 2014
I have a fairly large number of Locations and Folders, more than can be seen without scrolling through them. As of today, the scrolling function is not working, so I can't change a Folder or Location unless I can see them without scrolling. This severely limits the functionality of TD for me.

I'm using Version 32.0.1700.76 m of Chrome, which it says it up to date.

Please advise.
Thanks.
c5000nc

Posted Mar 06, 2013 in: Possible improvements and new features
  • c5000nc
  • Posted: Mar 06, 2013
It would be great to have a half dozen more choices of columns THAT WE COULD NAME with our choice of them having
- customizable drop down menus like Location, Folders, Goals and Context have
- remembered entries like Tags has
- timed entries like Length has
- no pre-fills like Tasks has

This would allow us to slice, dice and sort our To Do's in ways that are unique to us, more like Excel allows us to do now.
c5000nc

Posted Dec 18, 2012 in: Possible improvements and new features
  • c5000nc
  • Posted: Dec 18, 2012
Multiple Tag Fields:
Tags are very flexible but are extremely limiting by having them all squished into one Field.

Providing more than one Tag Field would allow a lot more creative use of Sorts and Searches. For example, One Tag Field may be how much business a client might provide over the next year, another may show the next contact date/month, another might show contact frequency, etc. There are easily 8 or 10 uses for Tags that could be satisfied by far more tag fields.

This would make ToodleDo a bit more like an Excel spreadsheet in terms of Sorting and Searching, which would be a good thing.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4