ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by SES21"
SES21

Posted Mar 11, 2014 in: Problem with latest Android update
Score: 0
  • SES21
  • Posted: Mar 11, 2014
  • Score: 0
Jake, is this fixed yet? I just updated & I'm repeatedly being asked to Authorize Toodledo Account. It does list my account at the bottom & give me a link to Authorize as a different user. Why am I seeing this same screen every time I enter the app now?
SES21

Posted Mar 11, 2014 in: Android App Crowdfunding Project
  • SES21
  • Posted: Mar 11, 2014
Thanks, Jake...one more question. Can I donate Platinum & get triple Gold instead of single Platinum? I don't need Platinum & actually only have Gold for the infinite history, not attachments. Lest you think I'm nuts & just want to throw money at you, I'm really hoping you hit $15K so I can have collapsible dividers with counts!
SES21

• SES21
  • Posted: Mar 10, 2014
Do you want me to try that for Tuesday's alarms or wait one more day to see if it straightens itself out & then try turning them on/off if it doesn't? Just trying to help since I'm not really dependent on the app's alarms since I get others right from TD.
SES21

Posted Mar 10, 2014 in: Search on [FR] yields no results
  • SES21
Thanks, Jake! If I have my way, [FR] will become a popular keyword or do you have the ability to manually add it? I suspect you've seen my thread suggesting that it get used for Feature Request titles by now, haven't you?
SES21

Posted Mar 10, 2014 in: Android App Crowdfunding Project
  • SES21
Hey Jake, I've been meaning to donate but wanted to ask this before I choose my level of donation. Call me a selfish so-and-so but, if I go Double Gold, can I just have 2 years of Gold for myself instead of having to share with a friend?

Guess we've really proved the Android users are prepared to put their moeny where their demands are!

I also hope the part-time developer might be Phuah since he originally created the app.
SES21

Posted Mar 10, 2014 in: Search on [FR] yields no results
  • SES21
So I came up with this (I thought) great idea to use [FR] in thread titles to make Feature Requests easily identifiable & searchable. When I actually search the Questions Forum for [FR] though, I get no matching results even though there should be a few.

Why doesn't that search return correct results?

/edited to correct which Forum I searched/

This message was edited Mar 10, 2014.
SES21

Posted Mar 10, 2014 in: [FR] Feature Request threads
  • SES21
Well, that's just terrific! /s

If I search for [FR] in this forum, I get 0 reasults. You can bet I will be reporting this as a bug. I sure don't want to have to rethink this idea just because a simple search fails!
SES21

• SES21
The subject says it all. Both my web SMS alarms & the app alarms were an hour late yesterday. Today the SMS alarms are back on time but the Android app is still an hour late.

Is this a known problem & what needs to be done to get it "back on time?"
SES21

• SES21
PS. For this to work, you'll need to create threads in this format for those requests you've already put in but have not been implemented...especially since some requests have been out there a long time & may stay that way.

Maybe you can use it as a good time to consider if you really still want that feature or not & how it would work if you got it.

Sorry but I don't know a better way to consolidate the open requests so they're easily findable. Suggestions are welcome!
SES21

Posted Mar 10, 2014 in: [FR] Alarm location(s) settable by task
  • SES21
It would be good if we could choose between our alarm locations on a per task basis rather than all or none. For example, I have SMS & browser notifications set up. Now that the browser is an option, there are really only a few tasks that I'd also like to get an SMS. You know, the really important ones instead of the ones you just want a little nudge but it's all or none.

My idea would be to set a default alarm location with the ability to specify additional alarm location(s) on specific tasks. Everyone could choose their own default location, not a global choice among users.

Would this be a useful feature for you or can you think of a better way to have it work?
SES21

• SES21
I've decided to try to start a new trend. Many users have asked about a separate Feature Request forum, it's not been created & users also seem frustrated trying to find if a specific feature request has been made already.

I propose the following for the sanity of the users:

1. Put all Feature Requests in the Questions forum & don't, instead or also, put them in the ticketing system - leave that for bug reports.
2. One Feature Request per thread!
3. Use [FR] at the beginning of the thread title
4. Make the rest of the thread title succinct yet descriptive
5. Users look for/search on [FR] to find all Feature Requests first to avoid creating duplicates.
6. Users particpate in the thread discussion of how they would want said feature to work & give an indication of how important that feature is to them personally.
7. Jake & crew can easily see what Features we users are interested in but are obviously under no obligation to implement any of them or in any particular order. Jake has been clear that much of their motivation derives from having the freedom to work on the features they want. He's also been very clear that, for numerous reasons, he does not want to have an official public list of planned features so don't ask for it!

I'm proposing this so we can cut down on our frustration, reduce duplication that may be distracting the developers, & encourage free flow of ideas on feature design & how it would work. Ideally, we'll be happier, TD will have less stuff to keep track of so they can spend time developing & any ideas that are proposed will get fleshed out enough that the devs have good info on what that feature would look like if they decide to implement it!

What do ya say...care to join me?
SES21

Posted Mar 10, 2014 in: Only 1 ticket per day - seriously???
  • SES21
I'd hoped Jake or one of the others would've officially chimed in yea or nay on my suggestion on all Feature Requests going in the forum (labeled as such in the title) rather than through the ticketing system. Since that hasn't happened, I'm going to try to start a movement on my own & welcome all readers here to join me!

See ya on the new "[FR] Feature Requests" thread...
SES21

Posted Jan 27, 2014 in: Enhanced Alarms
  • SES21
  • Posted: Jan 27, 2014
Posted by Sylanel:
Would there be any way to prevent automatic creation of alarms with aautomatic addition of Due Time when we only want to input a date for reference of our tasks or projects?

Also, there is a glitch with this automatic addition of Due Time according to the advisory on the Alarms page. It says that an alarm with Due Time of noon will be automatically added, yet all I got for all my tasks are Due Time of midnight. It is quite annoying to get multiple alarms at midnight all the time.

If the option to only have Due Date and no alarm is not possible, would it be possible to add an option to choose a default Due Time?

Are you getting your alarms from Toodledo or from, say, an Android app? If Android, many of them do not correctly implement the (invisible time 0) noon correctly & instead treat it as midnight! It is the app's fault for not handling the synced data correctly, not Toodledo. Ultimate To-Do List is the first of these that comes to mind. TaskUnifier on the desktop also did the same thing but I'm not sure if it's fixed in version 4 or not.
SES21

Posted Jan 27, 2014 in: Best Android App(s)?
  • SES21
If you haven't looked lately, you owe it to yourself to revisit MyToodle...it has come a long way in a very short period of time!

Also, for DGT users, there is currently a beta running called SODA that you can opt into & discuss on G+.
SES21

Posted Jan 27, 2014 in: Only 1 ticket per day - seriously???
  • SES21
Posted by sprouty76:
<snip>

Feb 16, 2012 - Repeating [tasks] on weekdays - Feature request, "on our todo list" - not done
Sep 12, 2012 - Task scheduler - Feature request, "consider this for future enhancement" - not done

</snip>

I may be misunderstanding what you requested but I believe these 2 items are both done. If not the latter, then certainly the former because I have a couple of tasks that repeat every weekday!

This message was edited Jan 27, 2014.
SES21

Posted Jan 27, 2014 in: Only 1 ticket per day - seriously???
  • SES21
Jake, I'm going to put my $0.02 in here &, as always, you are welcome to take it or leave it...or, for that matter, take what you like & leave the rest!

I personally think you could keep your ticket creation at a reasonable but unrestricted level if you:

1) specify that the ticket system is only for reporting bugs in Toodledo or its products &

2) have a forum section specifically for Feature Requests (or ask that "Feature Request" be included in the title & put in the existing Questions Forum).

Then, if people put feature requests into the ticket system, you immediately close them with a status of Feature Request & tell them to put it in the Forum. It may take a little learning curve for some but you should soon get a manageable number of true support tickets.

By using the Feature Request Forum, all requests would be publicly visible, open for discussion, & formal or informal "voting." You would likely get a better idea of how many people want a particular feature as well as have your users think through, in advance, how they would want the feature to work. Jake & the other TD folks could particpate in the forum discussion like always. A nice by-product, hopefully, would be that you wouldn't have to deal with many duplicate suggestions as you probably do now within the current ticket system.

Handling it this way would make everything much more transparent to your users, remove any complaints about not being able to create more than 1 support (bug) ticket per day & get your users to hash through much of the design/requirements discussion on new features for you.

All in all, I'd think it would make your work easier & make your customers happier to boot! What do you think, Jake?

This message was edited Jan 27, 2014.
SES21

• SES21
  • Posted: Jan 26, 2014
I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish & it's not elegant but...

You could search for your tasks that repeat, then hover over the repeat field of each one to see whether it's from completion or due date. At least that way you don't have to edit each one to see which way it repeats.

This message was edited Jan 26, 2014.
SES21

Posted Jan 26, 2014 in: Enhanced Alarms
Score: 1
  • SES21
  • Posted: Jan 26, 2014
  • Score: 1
Posted by ChristianDiscer:
Alarms enhancement request - The ability to activate ONE specific alarm type from a task. The default would be to ALL, like it currently is.

+1 for thia request! I'd really love to have the option of selecting where alarms occur by task & a default alarm location setup for new tasks. For example, I would change many of my alarms to just this new browser popup but, for critical alarms, I'd also want them via SMS. Now, it's an all/everywhere or none.

Jake, do you think this is something that might be doable, especially now that we have so many choices for alarm locations? Thanks!
SES21

• SES21
  • Posted: Jan 23, 2014
Posted by Jake:
We are actively working on an Android app. Toodledo is very complex and it will take time to replicate everything in native Android. I know that this is overdue, but we are working as hard as we can to make it happen.

Jake, please, please, please talk to Phuah (ykphuah)!

He has done incredible work with MyToodle &, while it's not perfect, it's far closer to being an exclusive Toodledo client than any of the other Android apps out there (like UTL or DGT) & he continues to improve/add features rapidly. I believe that you could shorten your work tremendously if you'll just work with him to create your long-awaited Android app. He has done in a few short months what people have been asking you to do for years! (That was not intended as a dig at you, Jake & crew, as much as it was an endorsement of the tremendous work Phuah has done.)

Please talk with Phuah!!! You must be insane if you don't!

This message was edited Jan 23, 2014.
SES21

• SES21
  • Posted: Sep 09, 2013
Jake, I'm having the same problem, too, but I can't tell you exactly when it started. I have the Toodledo gadgets in both my Gmail sidebar & my Calendar sidebar. Both show up but neither show anything in the task box itself, only the title bar. I'm using Firefox 23.0.1 as my primar browser & I also see it in Chrome Beta 30.0.1599.28 so it's not a specific browser issue. If you need more technical details to help fix this, let me know!
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6      Next