ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by M"
M

Score: 0
  • M
  • Posted: Jan 23, 2018
  • Score: 0
Thanks for the suggestion.

I should've mentioned that one of the reasons that I don't export (to CSV), edit my dates in Excel, save to CSV and reload from CSV is that this means I lose all my Start/Modified dates.

Looks like that would happen with an XML edit, too.

I really want to preserve those dates, if possible.

As a frequent sql query writer in my day job, I'm just itching to use some kind of sql to edit my data!
M

• M
  • Posted: Jan 20, 2018
Pretty sure Jake told me a long time ago that this is NOT available, but maybe there's a trick I'm unaware of.

I've recently been advised that, in my circumstance, I should move away from NOT using due dates, and use them instead of start dates.

So I'd like to replace any EMPTY due date field with the value from the task's START date.

It's a database, right? So some kind of UPDATE query... ?

Any ideas for how to accomplish this?
M

Posted Jan 17, 2018 in: Using Start Time to Hide Future Tasks
  • M
  • Posted: Jan 17, 2018
Posted by riza:
Would definitely be interested in your saved search conditions, Tâches personnelles. I can't figure out how to enter "now" as a condition for a start time.

Me, too!
M

Posted Jan 11, 2018 in: Welsh's list generic repeating tasks
Score: 1
  • M
  • Posted: Jan 11, 2018
  • Score: 1
Now I'm intrigued.

I found an active link to the document, but the link within the document, to the LIST, is no longer valid, I think. Here's what I'm trying to follow, from the document:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22284932/Toodledo%20-%20R.Welsh's%20Generic%20Repeating%20Tasks.csv
M

Posted Jan 10, 2018 in: Sync problem (iPad, iPhone, Web)
  • M
  • Posted: Jan 10, 2018
I'm not sure if it's related, but I had an issue where my ios app task and "old" task layout were correctly updated, but the "new" task layout was not.

Which tasks layout are those of you noticing this problem, using?
M

Posted Dec 29, 2017 in: ToodleDo Needs a Project Manager
  • M
  • Posted: Dec 29, 2017
I'm just happy to hear that I'm not the only one with thousands of tasks on my list!
M

• M
  • Posted: Nov 29, 2017
Let me know if you need further info on this, but it's hard to catch it until AFTER the problem has been noticed. So I often don't know what the data looked like; I just know it's not right.
M

Score: 1
  • M
  • Posted: Nov 27, 2017
  • Score: 1
+1. I've actually been a little concerned that TD development has been slowed by something we're not being made privy to? It seems like communication has dropped off significantly on these forums, by "regulars" and by Jake et al.
M

• M
  • Posted: Nov 24, 2017
Continues to show up as a problem, on different tasks. Had one today that's a monthly recurrence. Start date was 10/4/2017, I checked it off, it shows back up with a start date of 1/14/2017.
M

Posted Nov 16, 2017 in: Feedback on "new" tasks layout
  • M
  • Posted: Nov 16, 2017
Am I the only one not crazy about how much the checkbox looks like the notes icon, in the new Tasks layout (where they are both on the left of the task, by default) ?

I keep meaning to check one and click the other by mistake. Can the checkbox be made a little bigger, or the notes icon made to look less like a checkbox?
M

• M
  • Posted: Nov 03, 2017
Good question. Probably either classic or the IOS app.
M

Posted Nov 03, 2017 in: Truly "hiding" tasks
  • M
Thanks. I use the eye-icon filters A LOT. It's not adequately keeping these items from my view. I defer them as HOLD status, but if my search/filter isn't right, I see them, and they're distracting me.
M

Posted Nov 03, 2017 in: Truly "hiding" tasks
  • M
I have real problems with focus and obsessive task creation.

I need a way to REALLY REALLY hide tasks that I'm not ready to delete, but don't want to see.

Folders won't work because, if it's an archive folder, I can't see it to move tasks to it easily.

Contexts and other options won't work because it's too easy to "accidentally" see them, if I don't have my filtering correct at any given time.

I use Searches all the time, but the filters on those seem to NOT be saved, so that doesn't really help (I, again, accidentally see tasks I don't really want to see.

So I decided that the only real way to hide these low-level tasks, while putting my mind at ease that they're recoverable if I need them, is to create a second account and move them there.

But the only ways that I can see to move them are to
1) email them from the first account to the second, but then I lose the date added and date modified on the task (for aging);
2) export them to CSV, but then I still lose the dates and also have to handle manually going back to the sending account to delete them, and have to edit the CSV so as to NOT move ALL tasks to the second account.

Is there any other easy way to either REALLY hide tasks (I want a folder that is hidden but that I can move stuff to!) or to easily move them to another account (not copy/delete, but MOVE) ?

thanks
M

• M
  • Posted: Nov 01, 2017
Oh, yes -- the tasks always starts with a start-date. E.g., start date = today and repeat = daily, from completion. I mark it completed, and start date becomes 10/25/2016.
M

• M
  • Posted: Oct 29, 2017
I can't really document this, because I don't notice it until AFTER it happens and I don't have the task's data from BEFORE it happened. But I have noticed, infrequently but repeatedly, that the start date on my recurring tasks will sometimes set to a date FAR before when it should be. The task today was a daily repeat, I marked it off as complete today, and now the start date is October 25, 2016.

Has anyone else seen this kind of behavior?
M

Posted Oct 23, 2017 in: Share extensions and how they work
  • M
  • Posted: Oct 23, 2017
It seems as though the extension is behaving better for me from Chrome, now -- but not from Evernote. There, I'm definitely NOT getting the url into the note of the task - just a task description.
M

Posted Oct 04, 2017 in: Share extensions and how they work
  • M
  • Posted: Oct 04, 2017
Anything found?
M

Posted Sep 18, 2017 in: Share extensions and how they work
  • M
  • Posted: Sep 18, 2017
On 6/5/2015, I posted (with the same subject) about using the ios app's share extension on my iPhone to save off pages from Safari, before I lost them, and how I wanted to do this from feedly.com, too -- but I was only getting the title, and not the URL of the page I wanted to save.

Now I'm having the same problem with Chrome on the iPhone. I only get the title, which does me no good. I need the title as my new task's subject, and the URL as the note.

Can this be fixed?
M

Posted Aug 27, 2017 in: Selection export?
  • M
  • Posted: Aug 27, 2017
Is it possible to export the results of a search to a CSV?

I know I can export to CSV the completed or not completed -- but I want to select a certain sub-group, save them off, then delete them from Toodledo.

thanks
M

Posted Aug 02, 2017 in: Attachments on Android / IOS
  • M
  • Posted: Aug 02, 2017
I know that - but I really like the app and want to use it. I would love the app to have a "share to" extension that I could use to create a task FROM a file (like a picture). Navigating web pages on my teeny tiny phone isn't my idea of fun -- but the app makes it manageable. I've seen that this is the answer to attachments on the phone for some time, and just wanted to register my opinion that browsing the website isn't the answer for everyone.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12      Next