ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by thpope"
thpope

Posted May 14, 2009 in: Google Calendar sync frequency
Score: 0
  • thpope
  • Posted: May 14, 2009
  • Score: 0
That link is to the archive, which I don't think can be posted to anymore.

I did post to their new forum.
http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Calendar/thread?tid=4655879e5ebc62f7&hl=en

Feel free to pile on using that thread or any other. Maybe if we all start posting individual ones?

I really don't know how effective an email campaign will be, but it can't hurt. I wish they would give a clue as to why they don't refresh faster or provide a manual refresh.

Also, I remember Google has a feature request site for some of their products. Maybe they have one for this?
thpope

Posted May 13, 2009 in: Message to thpope
Score: 1
  • thpope
  • Posted: May 13, 2009
  • Score: 1
Thank you Alan. And please accept my apology also.

I wear it as a badge of honor to have one of my posts locked. I don't think that's ever happened to me.
thpope

Posted May 04, 2009 in: Due date field clarification
  • thpope
  • Posted: May 04, 2009
It is confusing. I figured if you use start dates, then due date modifiers are not needed really. The modifiers seem interesting to me. ? (optional) is the one I like the most, but it doesn't quite work the way I expect. I guess I thought it was more like a "soft" due date rather than a hard due date.

I believe you can change the setting for hiding future tasks with no start date. I think the default is 1 week, but you can reduce or extend that. I'm not sure about the iphone app. I guess it would be the same. But if you use start dates, I believe they will override due date modifiers.
thpope

Posted May 04, 2009 in: 2 things RTM does I wish Toodledo did
  • thpope
I'm sorry for being terse and direct. I just don't care to have my post parsed at the sentence level and be told I don't know what I'm talking about. Here are my suggestions and the reason for my post, 2 things RTM does I wish Toodledo did.

1) Collaboration seems better with RTM. I don't need to pay anything to share to-dos.

2) RTM says that they do not delete completed tasks. I don't need to purchase anything to get this.

I also suggested they offer more memory for pro accounts, a lot more.

I understand the reasons for not doing these things, in particular server hit, but I'm suggesting that from a prospective customer point of view, who will likely be comparing RTM directly with Toodledo like I did, will be swayed more towards Toodledo with these things.

I'm OK if they don't do these things. And I'm not a prospective customer now, I purchased the pro account. They are simply suggestions for a company I'd like to see succeed. I think Toodledo has a great feature set that is superior to their competition, but I also think many people might not ever see it because RTM looks better to them.

As for the suggestions on saving completed to-dos, thanks, but I'm being honest when I say I doubt I will do this. I don't care if it is click, click, whatever. I would much prefer not to have to even think about having to do this, especially when I know the competition is taking care of it automatically. I hope you get my point here.
thpope

Posted May 04, 2009 in: 2 things RTM does I wish Toodledo did
  • thpope
Don't care and don't need your advice Alan. Didn't even ask for it.
thpope

Posted May 02, 2009 in: 2 things RTM does I wish Toodledo did
  • thpope
  • Posted: May 02, 2009
They are just suggestions for the Toodledo folks. I made my choice already, at least I thought I had.

In any case, RTM offers the unlimited storage of completed Todos, so if that is what is critical to your choice of task management systems, there is always that alternative for you.

Yes there is. Do you think it is a good idea to push Toodledo's customer's to their competitors? I'm sorry, but I wouldn't want you speaking for my company.

This message was edited May 02, 2009.
thpope

Posted May 01, 2009 in: 2 things RTM does I wish Toodledo did
  • thpope
  • Posted: May 01, 2009
I don't disagree with your assessment, but I have to say that I believe it is perceived differently from a customer pov, especially a prospective customer. Think about how Yahoo mail and Hotmail were offering 2-6MB of email storage until Google created gmail and started it at 1-2GB of storage. I doubt people used all of that storage, but it was nice to know it was available. Plus, they now have comparable amounts of storage available to their customers. I guarantee that would not be the case if not for what Google did.

Even though I know logically I will probably never look at completed tasks from 6 months ago or even 2 years ago, I really like knowing I can just in case.

Thanks for the suggestion of exporting, but honestly I won't take the time to do that. If, however, at some time I need to check when a task was completed years ago, and I can't, it will nag at me.

I'm suggesting that it is worth the marketing value to add, even if reality suggests it is more valuable for the functioning of your servers. I think you will find the increased number of paying customers will more than offset for the increased cost of server upgrades.
thpope

Posted May 01, 2009 in: Button Firefox
  • thpope
Definitely a spammer. I just did a search on what he/she posted and found nearly the same (and sometimes the exact same) question posted on several other forums.
thpope

Posted May 01, 2009 in: Change Completed Date?
  • thpope
Very interested in this also.
thpope

Posted May 01, 2009 in: 2 things RTM does I wish Toodledo did
  • thpope
Yes. But RTM never deletes them. Two years may seem like a long time, but never is much longer. Free account is only 6 months. RTM states they never delete completed to-do's free or pro.

I think Toodledo needs to find the space to store completed tasks for competitive reasons. Also, Pro plus accounts allow 1GB of storage. IMO, I think this should be increased drastically to 25GB. The regular pro could be 1GB.

I know storage is not free, but from the customer pov, it's very easy today to get a lot of very cheap, if not free, online storage.
thpope

Posted Apr 30, 2009 in: Toodledo is not for GTD
  • thpope
  • Posted: Apr 30, 2009
Toodledo has incredible flexibility. I didn't read everything in this thread, because I do have to get things done also, but skimming through, I think Toodledo can do any of the suggestions right now (some might call it a work-around, but I call it using the program to fit your needs). They've put a lot things in it but it can be hard to figure out what you can do because of the terminology and because it doesn't fit your paradigm and because of the sheer volume of features.

I mean, you can organize with Folders, Goals, Tags, Tasks, Subtasks, Contexts, Notes, Saved Searches, Due Date and Time, Start Date and Time, Length, Priority, Stars, I'm sure I'm forgetting something. It can be daunting just to figure it all out. Soon, another level is going to be added (hush hush, but I think it will be called Projects).

This message was edited Apr 30, 2009.
thpope

Posted Apr 30, 2009 in: 2 things RTM does I wish Toodledo did
  • thpope
I remember now. RTM doesn't delete completed tasks. This is a plus for them also.
thpope

Posted Apr 30, 2009 in: Button Firefox
  • thpope
Looks like spam disguised as a question.

Posted Apr 30, 2009 in: subtasks only go down one level?
Score: -1
  • thpope
  • Score: -1
I would prefer infinite levels. I'm not currently using Toodledo in this way, but I might use it more for storing informational stuff if it had it.

I used a program called Trenotes on my winmo device and it was wonderful. I still use their desktop program. It can be used as a to-do program or an outliner or both. I used it mainly for storing reference information. But it's really good for simple project management as it had completion bars and percentages built in.
thpope

Posted Apr 29, 2009 in: 2 things RTM does I wish Toodledo did
  • thpope
  • Posted: Apr 29, 2009
1) I can assign or share a task with another user and I don't have to have a pro account and we both can edit it. I think one person having a pro account should suffice.

2) I don't remember anymore... I guess it wasn't that important. (probably thinking of how RTM smart lists seem to be better than TD saved searches)

BTW, TD is far more useful than RTM, but sharing tasks fully without having to purchase a pro account for all users is a BIG plus.
thpope

Posted Apr 27, 2009 in: Upgrading Mistake, Need Help
  • thpope
  • Posted: Apr 27, 2009
I usually get a response pretty quickly by creating a support ticket. If you submitted it over the weekend, then I would expect you'll get a response today. I doubt they work weekends.
thpope

• thpope
  • Posted: Apr 24, 2009
Same here. I wish I could buy stock. I honestly don't agree with them on their "green" initiatives (because I'm a flaming Conservative), but they really seem like a solid company with superb customer service. And it shows with threads like this.
thpope

Posted Apr 24, 2009 in: Delete instance of repeating task
  • thpope
You're welcome.
thpope

Posted Apr 24, 2009 in: Collapsable Dividers in Notebook
  • thpope
I would use notes a lot more if a significant update was made.
thpope

Posted Apr 23, 2009 in: Delete instance of repeating task
  • thpope
  • Posted: Apr 23, 2009
? only works when repeating is set. Although it doesn't always work for me lately (it isn't consistently moving the date forward).

Feature request for Toodledo: Can you make it so that if I use the ? prefix on the due date and do not have repeating set, that you simply change the date to the next day? I would also like to choose to move to next day or next work day. I suppose that would need to be a setting in the Account Settings.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5      Next