ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by KatBoy"
KatBoy

Posted Mar 07, 2009 in: Due Date
Score: 0
  • KatBoy
  • Posted: Mar 07, 2009
  • Score: 0
I'm getting the same problem as Steve - have tasks with a date of 9th March but on my iPhone the date has changed to 8th March. Date remains correct on the website interface. I'm in the same timezone (London) and have also double-checked:

iPhone set to correct date/time/timezone
Web interface set - ditto

I'm using ToodleDo app Version 1.4.1. This just started happening recently and I haven't changed any settings.
Regards,
KatBoy

Posted Mar 06, 2009 in: IPhone Apps
  • KatBoy
  • Posted: Mar 06, 2009
I also use Nuevasync to sync my calendar with Google. Also have another calendar app - SaiSuke - which syncs with my husband's google calendar, so I always have both calendars up to date on my phone.

Funambol - use this to sync my Outlook contacts with iPhone.

iXpenseIt - for inputting business and personal expenses; backs up by sending CSV file.

ToodleDo - I've tried ToDo and Ultimate ToDo but ToodleDo is the best IMO.

EasyWriter - for landscape keyboard

I'm getting Notebook next - heard lots of good things about it. Does it store photos?
KatBoy

• KatBoy
  • Posted: Mar 02, 2009
Yes please - I'm in London and was trying to work out what the middle of the night would be to ToodleDo team.

In the end I didn't use my ToodleDo for most of the weekend and really missed it.

Thanks for great product.
KatBoy

Posted Feb 24, 2009 in: Task Deferral
  • KatBoy
  • Posted: Feb 24, 2009
Thanks roddy - this is a very useful feature.
KatBoy

Posted Feb 22, 2009 in: Task Deferral
  • KatBoy
  • Posted: Feb 22, 2009
How does optional repeating tasks work? Can't find any information in the Help files.
KatBoy

• KatBoy
  • Posted: Feb 13, 2009
Hi Geoffrey

I've also struggled with the Status/Next Action function and rarely use it. For something like your example, I would not make it a separate project with loads of actions. I would make it one task with the next action in the notes section, each being crossed off when complete, ie:

Task: Get car repaired

Notes.
1. Monday morning. Call garage to book
2. 8am Tuesday: Driver collecting car
3. 10am Tuesday. Engineer calling with diagnosis/cost summary
4. 4pm Tuesday: Engineer calling to advise status - is car ready or awaiting parts/carried over to next day? If ready pay with credit card. Have card ready.
5. 6pm Tuesday. Driver returning car

Some tasks would require many more steps and I don't always write every single thing down, just change the date/time to carry forward whilst I'm waiting, and note, for example: "waiting for John's email". If the email doesn't arrive by the time I've designated I can chase it.

I always think of the "Brushing Teeth" example when noting down tasks; you don't write down every step involved in what is essentially a simple task when you know what needs to be done next - documenting it may take longer than doing the actual task.

This works for me and it would be interesting to hear how others do this. Have a good weekend organising ToodleDo.
BoyO
KatBoy

Posted Feb 06, 2009 in: iPhone sync not working again
  • KatBoy
  • Posted: Feb 06, 2009
I had this problem a week or so ago, where changes made on my ToodleDo web weren't syncing with my iPhone. Now I'm getting the same error, one minute it was OK and now it's not syncing. I haven't changed any settings.

Last time I forced a one-way web to iPhone sync which got everything synced, and it was OK after that. I shall have to do the same thing now but am concerned that this keeps happening - it's made me paranoid about random checking after every update.

Any advice?
Thanks,
KatBoy

Posted Feb 04, 2009 in: SMS reminders
  • KatBoy
  • Posted: Feb 04, 2009
I'd like to receive SMS reminders from ToodleDo but my carrier doesn't understand "Email to SMS gateway address". I've tested the format [email protected] by sending myself an email but that doesn't work.

Anyone here on the O2 UK network who's successfully set this up and can advise on syntax? Thanks
KatBoy

Posted Feb 02, 2009 in: highlight overdue tasks?
  • KatBoy
  • Posted: Feb 02, 2009
Hi The bold red feature would be really useful - is it existing or in development? I'm using ToodleDo in web browsser and on iPhone and can't see it on either.
Thanks,
KatBoy

Posted Jan 12, 2009 in: status maybe
  • KatBoy
  • Posted: Jan 12, 2009
David - I think contexts used here, ie @phone, @email, etc is how GTD is described in the book. But I'm brand new to all this - just read the book over Christmas and still "gathering and processing my open loops".

Also, my understanding of the book is that nothing is carved in stone and the methodology should be adapted to suit the individual - so do whatever works for you.
KatBoy

Posted Jan 09, 2009 in: status maybe
  • KatBoy
  • Posted: Jan 09, 2009
David - you could use contexts for this.
KatBoy

Posted Jan 08, 2009 in: People as Contexts
  • KatBoy
  • Posted: Jan 08, 2009
Jay
I use tags for "people" because for me some tasks require conversations with several people. This works for me...
KatBoy

Score: 1
  • KatBoy
  • Posted: Jan 06, 2009
  • Score: 1
Frossie
I've just signed up for Evernote and did read their privacy policy; but think I'm missing something - what bit are you referring to?
Thanks,
KatBoy

Posted Dec 24, 2008 in: Not syncing since upgrade to 1.4
  • KatBoy
  • Posted: Dec 24, 2008
My filter settings remain unchanged.

I've worked out what the problem was - it was doing a one-way sync iPhone to website; all the changes I made to my website tasks were over-written. I forced a one-way sync website to iPhone and (touch wood) it all seems to be working OK now. No idea what caused that hicccup.
KatBoy

Posted Dec 23, 2008 in: Not syncing since upgrade to 1.4
  • KatBoy
  • Posted: Dec 23, 2008
New tasks and date changes on existing tasks. A quick double-check for me is the summary - All Tasks, Hotlist, Starred. On my website the numbers are 314, 6, 10. On my iPhone the numbers are 315, 9, 11.
KatBoy

• KatBoy
No. It appears to be working, shows status bar at bottom, all as normal.

My problem seems to be website to iPhone; I've just run a test iPhone to website and that works.
KatBoy

• KatBoy
I've just upgraded to 1.4 and now I can't sync. iPhone set to manual. Anyone else having the same problem?
KatBoy

Posted Dec 23, 2008 in: iPhone App Advice
  • KatBoy
Hi Ken

I've used both and would would personally recommend Toodledo.

The problem I had with ToDo (it's been a while and they may have updated) is that the fields/field names were different, so I ended up only used the few that were the same - hence I didn't get full functionality.

Since switching to the ToodleDo iPhone app my productivity has gone right up, and most importantly - I understand my workload and feel in control.
KatBoy

Posted Dec 17, 2008 in: Selecting tags
  • KatBoy
  • Posted: Dec 17, 2008
Hi ToodleDo team

Sorry you must get a lot of this - conflicting requests about features.

I like that the tag feature is manually input because then more than one choice is possible, and use it to itemise people I need to speak to - sometimes several on the same task. This isn't possible with the other fields.

But you do have to remember to be consistent...
KatBoy

Posted Dec 16, 2008 in: To Do List on iPhone disappeared
  • KatBoy
  • Posted: Dec 16, 2008
Hi Claudio

I'm new to mobile devices but have been in the computing industry for over 20 years and I'm paranoid about backing up. Everything. Several ways. Never lost any data yet.

So I have ToodleDo set to manual sync, then when inputting I can frequently sync it myself and know it's done. I also do frequent CSV back-ups and save each one as a separate file.

Even utilities which auto-sync in the background get double-checked and backed up again every week... bookmarks, calendar, contacts, email, etc, etc.

For the paranoid manual syncing is the best option.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5      Next