ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by sventhebrit"
sventhebrit

Posted Jan 05, 2009 in: Inconsistent synchronization
Score: 0
Lori,

1.4 had been very stable for me and I haven't encountered the problem you are experiencing.

I am guessing it could be filters that are causing the iTouch app not to display the tasks. From the main screen, next to the all tasks icon - is this where it says 12? If you go into all tasks, there will be a button in the bottom right corner - filters. All the filters - Negative Priority, Future Tasks, Deferred Tasks, Subtasks should be set to on. Can you check and confirm this?

Toodledo Admin may have some other thoughts.

In terms of the calendar, I use Outlook 2003 / Exchange at work and sync to my iPhone, so I don't have experiences of other packages. The easiest option would be MobileMe which I am sure would work with the iTouch (although there is a yearly fee). I am sure other people would be able to suggest alternatives.

Hope this helps
Steve
sventhebrit

Posted Jan 05, 2009 in: Inconsistent synchronization
Lori,
I have been using the website for a while and it has been working very well with the Toodledo app on my iPhone -- so I am confident we can get it working for you.

First of all
1) On your iTouch, are you using Todo (by Appigo) or the Toodledo application?
2) Can you confirm the version number?

Depending on the application being used, there could be various filters that could be causing the tasks not to appear.

Thanks
Steve
sventhebrit

Posted Jan 05, 2009 in: move folders to new account
Klas,
I agree with JWest. Context should helps with separating job-related with home-related(?). If you have 2 accounts, then you end up with 2 separate places to look.

If I remember correctly, Contexts aren't enabled by default so you may need to go Account Settings > Fields Used and enable Contexts.

For info, I use the following Contexts
Agenda - Discussion topic if I meet someone or content for a meeting
Computer - Things to do whilst at the computer
Errands - Things to do whilst out and about
Home - Things related to Home
Office - Things related to he Office
Phone - Phonecalls

You can have as few or as many contexts as you like to suit your own system.

Regards
Steve
sventhebrit

Posted Dec 22, 2008 in: Outlook Client 0.9.9.2 is Available
Updated to 0.9.9.2 successfully -- thankyou
To get the tdtag field to sync on existing tasks, I needed to enable recovery options, reset the syncronisation database. I then deleted the tasks from Outlook and then performed a sync -- tdtag was then populated in Outlook.
Is there another way to enable the tdtag field for existing tasks ?
Thanks for the update,
Steve
sventhebrit

Posted Dec 19, 2008 in: sync problem
Kristy,
Do you have the Toodledo iPhone App or the Appigo Todo iPhone App which also syncs with Toodledo? The reason I ask is that your other post on the same topic mentions an app called Todo.
Steve

Edited to correct a spelling mistake

This message was edited Dec 19, 2008.
sventhebrit

Posted Dec 11, 2008 in: Outlook Client 0.9.9.1 is Available
jmeyer21,

I can't see the pics, but this is normal. Each time I do a Sync, I get a dialog box which I have to click yes for it to sync. I have it set to manually sync and perhaps only sync 2/3 times per day when I am in the office -- so not a big issue for me.

Check out the known issues at the bottom of this URL Below -- there are a couple of suggestions on how to automatically click yes on the box (I haven't tried them).
http://www.chromadrake.com/ChromaticDragon/software/ToodledoSyncInfo.aspx

Regards
Steve
sventhebrit

Posted Dec 11, 2008 in: Anyone using Dial2Do.com?
Ok Thanks,
I would prefer to give them the "Unique Id" rather than my Username and Password -- just seems safer.
Steve
sventhebrit

Posted Dec 11, 2008 in: Anyone using Dial2Do.com?
Just tried Dial2Do -- seems to work OK. It is much so faster than Reqall.

Jeremy -- There is no syntax for ToodleDo Entry with Dial2Do. You need to enable it by going to the DoMore tab on the Dial2Do website and then search for Toodledo. You will need to enter your account details into the Dial2Do website which I was a little dubious about.

Toodledo -- Could API access be enabled for Dial2Do (similar to how Vitalist works with Dial2Do) which means we wouldn't have to give our login details to them ?

Regards
Steve
sventhebrit

Posted Dec 09, 2008 in: Combined View Due Today and Overdue?
Marc,
You could use the Hotlist to to this.
If you go to Account Settings, modify the Hotlist settings to display due within the next 1 day - You can also play the priorty setting.
The hotlist can then be found under Main > Hotlist.
Alternatively, you could create a Custom Search.
Regards
Steve
sventhebrit

Posted Dec 04, 2008 in: Unusably sloooow website
Posted by mr_many_notes:
Why is the website so often unusably slow? 90% of the time it's fine, but then sometimes it's just unusable! For example, I can click on a down arrow and it can take a minute or more to expand it.

I sometimes see the same issue -- normally around 10.00 in the morning (UK Time). Could be a backup ?? This morning, it was offline for a few minutes, but it is all working normally again now.

Steve
sventhebrit

Hi There,

I have been using Toodledo for about 2 months (last 3 weeks using the iPhone app too).

This issue appears to IE 7 -- using Firefox v3 causes the calendar to appear above the task. I haven't checked other browsers.

===

One thing I have noticed on changing the date in a task. I have a list of around 150 tasks and if I wan't to change the date on the last task in the list -- I select the date field and the calendar pops up but it is partially off screen, when I scroll down the calendar dissapears. This affects changing the date on the bottom 5 tasks.

The simple workaround is to manually type the date which is fine.

For Info, I am using XP SP3 with IE 7.0.5730.11IS -- which I need to use at work.

Thanks for a great app
Steve
sventhebrit

Posted Nov 30, 2008 in: reqall
David,

My Computer is OK to (probably just more memory(, it just seems to affect the iPhone App.

What is strange is that - If I reforward the REQALL'ed task from gmail to my Toodledo Import address, the WAV file is omitted -- in fact, there are no notes at all (this causes a slghtly different issue because the subject line is normally only the first ~100 characters of the task).

The 'Large Notes' field only occurs during an autoforward (filter) on gmail. Not sure if this is a gmail or Toodledo blip. I guess if REQALL enabled us to select if we wanted the WAV file to be sent then we wouldn't see this issue.

Jake (Toodledo) -- If you want me to replicate the issue, then please let me know and I will create a task -- Autoforwarded and then manually forward the same task -- and drop you an email with the details

Regards
Steve
sventhebrit

Posted Nov 25, 2008 in: reqall
Hi There,

Note to REQALL Users using the Toodledo App on the iPhone.

I used the suggested tip and had my gmail forward the reqall email to the Toodledo Import email address. It all works fine, but when you try to open the task in the Toodledo iPhobe app it becomes very unresponsive because it appears to copy the contents of the WAV file to the notes field (ie. The notes field becomes very large).

I have emailed Reqall about having the option to not send the WAV file - this is something they hope to implement soon.

Regards
Steve

PS. The WAV file is the audio of the message when you call REQALL
sventhebrit

Posted Nov 19, 2008 in: Outlook Client 0.9.9.1 is Available
I was going to try in the morning - but thought I would try the patch tonight. All looks OK - no duplicates and the tasks with no date set created in outlook trasfer to the Toodledo Website OK.

I did a final sync, stopped the application, Unistalled using Add/Remove Programs, Installed the patched v0.9.9.1, manually started and then performed a sync -- no duplicates. Tried a 2nd sync just in case. Not sure what happened last time -- probably operator error !!!

Thanks for the great sync tool.

Steve
sventhebrit

Posted Nov 19, 2008 in: Outlook Client 0.9.9.1 is Available
Thanks Keef for the comments. I am going to download the patch and retry. I will let you know if I run into further duplicate problems.
Cheers
Steve
sventhebrit

Posted Nov 19, 2008 in: reqall
I 2nd that - reqall is a useful tool for adding tasks to Toodledo. You simply register with the site (www.reqall.com), add your phone number. Once this is done, you can call the access number and it know who you are through Caller Id. Follow the prompts (you simply say Add) and speak after the beep. Hey presto, 10-15 mins later, what you said is converted to text and you get an email. Forwarding you gmail account is an excellent idea as all the tasks then appear directly in Toodledo.

Worth checking out.
Steve
sventhebrit

Posted Nov 18, 2008 in: Sync Contexts to Outlook Categories
keef,
I like this idea of syncing different contexts to my Home and Work PC. I hadn't thought of using it in this way.
Cheers
Steve
sventhebrit

Posted Nov 18, 2008 in: Outlook Client 0.9.9.1 is Available
Hi Keef,

This is a great Sync Tool and I have been using it daily for the last 2/3 weeks with no problems. I upgraded to v0.9.9.1 yesterday and had a strange behaviour which caused some of my tasks to duplicate. To upgrade, I simply un-installed v0.9.9.0, installed v0.9.9.1 and then syncronised. I think there is a sync limit of 20 tasks per normal sync as I ended up with 40 duplicates after a couple of syncs. This was easily sorted and everything has been working fine today. Can you advise how I should do the upgrade to prevent this happening in the future. Should I do something different?

Also one thing I noticed today. If I create a task in Outlook 2003 and don't assign a due date, then it defaults to 31Dec,1969 on the Toodledo website. I hadn't noticed with previous versions, but I must admit I normally assign a due date in Outlook.

Thanks once again for a great Outlook Sync Tool
Steve
sventhebrit

Croddenver,

I use contexts denote where I will be,etc when I perform the task.

I currently use : Office, Home, Phone, Errands, Computer, Agenda. Most of them are self explanatory - I use "Agenda" to show when I want to speak to someone or a point for a future meeting. It is in this instance where I also use the Tag option as well.

For Example, I may have a task called
"When I next speak to Kate, confirm the details about the meal with the team next week.
I would have a Context of "Agenda" and a Tag of "Kate".

I also use Tags with other contexts too. My work also involves working with European Countries. I may have a project called "Country Reviews" and then I use the Tag to denote which country the "next action" applies to as a reminder.

Thanks
Steve
sventhebrit

Posted Nov 06, 2008 in: Tasks vs Calender events
Score: 1
Hi There,

I am new to Toodledo/GTD and I was struggling with the same scenario. Anything which is date & time specific goes into my calendar (Meetings, drop car of at garage for repair, etc).

Things which are date specific at the moment appear in both toodledo and my calendar - I use the star feature in Toodledo to denote that it is listed in my calendar too as an indicator for myself - these items are listed in my calendar as all day events (ie. No specific time). This can be things which are due on a particular date or things which I have decided I will do on the date.

In your specific example on the Essay, I would have the "hand in Essay" as a calendar event (no specific time) and it would also be in toodledo. In toodledo, the hand in essay would be a Subtask of the main event which is to "Prepare an essay on Topic A".
ie. Main Event (or project) and then 3 subtasks
Prepare an essay on Topic A
Research Topic A
Write the essay
Hand in Essay (*)

Just an idea ....

Steve

This message was edited Nov 06, 2008.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5      Next