ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by aleding"
aleding

Posted Jan 22, 2014 in: Only 1 ticket per day - seriously???
Score: 0
  • aleding
  • Posted: Jan 22, 2014
  • Score: 0
@sprouty76: That's a good point about the policy being a good indicator of the developers not being terribly concerned with providing fixes. I can honestly say Toodledo is the first company i've ever seen do something like this. Even companies that charge for support do not limit their customers' input when it comes to defect reporting - it's just not something done by companies with solid support.

It's a tough call if I continue to use this - I do like it but to me it's at least equally important to use a company that believes support is right up there with product quality...
aleding

Posted Jan 20, 2014 in: Only 1 ticket per day - seriously???
  • aleding
  • Posted: Jan 20, 2014
Well, I'm not sure how an abusive user putting in 12 tickets with 12 different issues is any different than the same user putting in 1 ticket with 12 issues? Also, as I mentioned earlier, why not apply the 1 ticket per day policy to those who abuse - not those who are putting in good feedback?

Restricting how your user-base can communicate with you is always a bad idea and should only be done when there is an overly compelling need to do so.

If the policy has worked to solve the issue at hand, it's clearly because the abusers get tired of logging back in every day to submit ticket after ticket - and if they get tired of doing it, then so will folks who don't abuse which means you lose valuable feedback...

Also, it would be good for you folks to actually publish what you deem abuse. At present, the policy implies that more than 1 ticket per user per day is abusive. I can't believe that this is really what you think so a better approach would be to first define what abuse is and then let folks file at will. Then, as folks cross that threshold, apply the policy to those who abuse.

There's a better way to skin this cat and something along these lines is a step toward that end...

This message was edited Jan 20, 2014.
aleding

Posted Jan 18, 2014 in: Only 1 ticket per day - seriously???
  • aleding
  • Posted: Jan 18, 2014
As I've mentioned in a couple of other places, I do love this app but as with all things that appear to totally rock, there is always at least one drawback - sometimes it's minor and other times not so minor - it just depends. But I do know I'm not alone when it comes to support being a pet peeve - especially with products from smaller companies.

With that in mind, why did you guys decide to limit your customers' ability to submit issues and features requests to 1 per day but you don't care about submitting the same information in the forums? And then why would you state that you prefer to receive this information via that same system (e.g. reporting) that limits our involvement???

In essence, you force customers into being inefficient by having to dribble in submissions per your policy. Do you see how this makes no sense and is actually kind of ironic being that you guys are in the business of helping folks become more efficient?

This message was edited Jan 18, 2014.
aleding

Posted Jan 18, 2014 in: Toodledo 2013 - The Year in Review
Score: 1
  • aleding
  • Posted: Jan 18, 2014
  • Score: 1
I am new to Toodledo and find this to rock the house. I posted in the more general chit-chat section about how much I love this app and am really happy to see that the company is going strong. I am hopeful I can help you guys add more users this year as I evangelize as much as possible about the nirvana known as Toodledo.

L8R
aleding

Posted Jan 17, 2014 in: Your name...
  • aleding
  • Posted: Jan 17, 2014
I just saw the thread about how someone "hates" the name Toodledo and let me just say - BULL PUCKEY.

As some others mentioned, if companies named Apple, Google, Compaq, Digital, etc. can make it, then so will Toodledo. Stick by your choice and you won't regret it. And not saying you have but worrying about something like the product name means you're not worrying about the important stuff like bug fixes and feature implementation. And it is these things - not the moniker - that drives revenue.

Besides, the name really does rock - I mean something like "Task B%tch" might have been a better fit for my fellow Breaking Bad fans but for the wider audience, Toodledo is actually cool...it sticks in your head and you won't forget it - which is exactly what a good product name is supposed to do - be memorable...

This message was edited Jan 17, 2014.
aleding

Posted Jan 17, 2014 in: Toodledo is pretty...
Score: 3
  • aleding
  • Score: 3
...frickin' amazing. I have tried out literally dozens of time mgmt apps over the last 15+ years starting all the way back in '98 when I still thought Wintel was the best way to go - and actually, pre-OSX, it really was. Since then, I have seen the light - so to speak - and moved to the Mac but in 1998, nothing very functional existed for task mgmt so I ended up building my own using custom Outlook forms and VBA. I had conjured up & implemented a crude version of GTD (prior to Allen) but after I moved to the Mac, my homegrown incarnation wasn't an option. I wanted to retain my methodologies but nothing really fit that well. The closest I've ever gotten is OmniFocus which is a decent enough app but it is horribly expensive, fairly bloated, has a less than stellar and overly busy GUI\UX, and never quite fit the way I wished it did.

Last week, I stumbled upon Toodledo and while completely skeptical, I nonetheless decided to push through and see what was what - and I'm so very glad I did. I can seriously say that if I had the time and resources to build something just for myself, Toodledo would damn near hit the mark 100%. Maybe there would be some very minor things I would have tweaked differently - but then again, maybe I wouldn't - this app really is an amazingly good fit for the way I think and handle tasks.

I mention all this because, while nothing says appreciation more than a purchase (which I did), I figure it's also nice to hear. So to the developers - thank you for an awesome job on this awesome product. And also know I will tell as many folks as I can about Toodledo with the hope that we grow your user base as much as possible so you folks stay more than busy and have more than enough $$$ to keep this thing going.

Thanks again so much for building a great thing...

This message was edited Jan 17, 2014.
aleding

Posted Jan 17, 2014 in: gold v. platinum
  • aleding
Great info - Thx Jake...
aleding

Posted Jan 16, 2014 in: Server side encrypted data
  • aleding
  • Posted: Jan 16, 2014
Awesome - thanks Jake...
aleding

Posted Jan 16, 2014 in: gold v. platinum
  • aleding
Hello,

It looks like the only difference between these two plans are larger disk space and SLA. Taking the last one first, does this mean that the user is reimbursed for downtime? Also, can you give me an idea of what the downtime has been like over the last 1 and 5 years?

Regarding diskpace, is this really an issue if the user's database contains only tasks and no attachments?
aleding

• aleding
Well that's huge!!! Way better than the posts I saw from 2010-11 that said this was a long-shot maybe...

Seriously, I know the breach is remote but just as soon as someone says it can't happen - BAM, some clown hacks in.

What you folks have crafted really rocks the house - seriously...Do you have an ETA as to when the rest will be done?

This message was edited Jan 16, 2014.
aleding

• aleding
Hello,

Just need to confirm that Toodledo still has not implemented cloud based encryption for user data on your servers - correct?
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4