ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Linden"
Linden

Posted Jan 28, 2010 in: Payin for Toodledo
Score: -1
  • Linden
  • Posted: Jan 28, 2010
  • Score: -1
Toodledo seems to be in pretty good shape. They're keeping up with the feature upgrades very well for the company size, and I think the growing userbase will help keep things afloat.

I signed up for Pro the same day I started to use Toodledo, and haven't regretted it once. I get the sense that most users at least upgrade to Pro. The jump in features is significant and the cost isn't. :)
Linden

Score: 0
  • Linden
  • Posted: Jan 26, 2010
  • Score: 0
Hmm. It certainly sounds like you've covered the basics. I'd recommend submitting a bug report with a screenshot so Toodledo can dig into it for you.
Linden

• Linden
Have you tried double-checking the context filter? I sometimes forget that I've left it on, and then can't find my tasks.

Another possibility is if you're in indented view and the task you're looking for has a parent that doesn't match the folder you're in. Flattening the tasks should make your task appear.
Linden

Posted Jan 26, 2010 in: Tasks not deleting
  • Linden
Hmmm. Checking off a box marks it as complete, not deleted.

Normally, I would suggest that it's a repeating task and after you mark it complete, it is simply creating the next repetition for you. But you mentioned that there's no due date and the tasks aren't repeating, so I'm not sure why they would show up again as new.

To delete a task completely, you can either click the little trash icon on the far right, or hover your mouse over the checkbox and click "Delete task". This should get around whatever issue is going on with marking the task complete.
Linden

• Linden
If you can setup a custom search on criteria your tasks share, you can then multi-edit to update a field for all of them at once.
Linden

Posted Jan 20, 2010 in: Set task biweekly on tues
  • Linden
  • Posted: Jan 20, 2010
Glad you got it working! And it's good to know that my recollection was false. I think I got a couple of the other formats mixed up.

Cheers!

[EDIT: That is, it's good to be AWARE my recollection was false. I'm sorry it didn't actually help, though.]

This message was edited Jan 20, 2010.
Linden

Posted Jan 20, 2010 in: Due dates in custom searches
  • Linden
Ah, wait! Did you CLICK "today" in the righthand side of the calendar, or did you type the word "today" into the box?

I haven't tested my "Done Today" filter with this, but I checked my "Attn: Today" search and it has "today" typed into the "Due date is" box. I had struggled with this in the past, and I'm wondering if clicking "today" hard-codes it while typing the word out keeps it flexible.

Might be worth experimenting.
Linden

Posted Jan 20, 2010 in: Due dates in custom searches
  • Linden
Strange. "Today" and "Tomorrow" seem to work dynamically for the "due date" field in searches.

I double-checked my "Done Today" search, and it seems I have it set to:
----------------
Checked Off = Yes
AND
Date Completed is in the last 0 days
----------------

Oddly enough, choosing "Due date in the next 0 days" returns things due today AND tomorrow, but "Date completed is in the last 0 days" only returns things completed today. :)
Linden

Posted Jan 20, 2010 in: repeating tasks in claendar view
  • Linden
The next one should appear already, but future instances won't appear until the first is complete. This is how all repeating tasks appear at the moment.
Linden

Posted Jan 20, 2010 in: New Tag Picker
Score: 1
  • Linden
  • Score: 1
@Vin, you'll be happy to know that Toodledo is working on the auto-complete. They just figured we'd rather have something rather than wait for the whole deal to be finished. :)
Linden

Posted Jan 20, 2010 in: There is no GTD system...
  • Linden
Good points, TheGriff! I think, in particular, because every person's GTD setup is going to be a little different, even "pure" GTD software solutions are always going to be non-perfect matches for someone.

My GTD setup in Toodledo is certainly getting the job done for me right now. Like you, I have a few minor features I'm looking forward to seeing implemented, but nothing is blocking me from a solid GTD setup.
Linden

• Linden
All of my optional repeating tasks updated properly last night. Looks like the bug is fixed!
Linden

Posted Jan 19, 2010 in: New Tag Picker
  • Linden
  • Posted: Jan 19, 2010
Thanks Toodledo! I recently started using tags (second attempt) and this is making it much easier already!
Linden

• Linden
I submitted this as a bug report on Sunday, and Toodledo replied to me today stating they believe they've fixed the problem now.

So, your repeating options tasks should refresh as designed tomorrow if they're overdue.

I'm checking mine in the morning and if they don't refresh, I'll update the ticket and post an update here.

This message was edited Jan 19, 2010.
Linden

Posted Jan 19, 2010 in: Due dates in custom searches
  • Linden
You're welcome. The only reason I knew this was because I'd done the same thing at one point. :)
Linden

Posted Jan 19, 2010 in: Due dates in custom searches
  • Linden
I believe "Due date is in the next 0 days" includes 24 hours. Try "Due date is TODAY" and that should work better.

Cheers!
Linden

• Linden
Ah, I can see what you mean now. I thought you were trying to find a shorter list of your completed tasks in general. (I had forgotten entirely about the "Show completed tasks" toggle in the filters.)

Your suggestion of a custom default length sounds reasonable. It would be very similar to the the custom settings available for what due dates are included in the hotlist!

This message was edited Jan 19, 2010.
Linden

• Linden
  • Posted: Jan 18, 2010
It seems reasonable to me that the reminders be a pro feature, but I think it's also important that this is made clear in the App description. This isn't the first time someone has purchased the App under the impression that the custom reminders required no additional expense.

$15 for the pro service is WELL worth the features, but it's an understandably rude shock to someone under the impression that they had already paid for a feature.
Linden

Score: 1
  • Linden
  • Score: 1
Hi Yannis, you can create a custom search for tasks completed in whatever timeframe youu prefer.
Linden

Posted Jan 18, 2010 in: Sort by Task isn't working
  • Linden
Hmm. That seems like an odd assumption for parent task sort order.

I don't usually care about how many steps are remaining in my project. The only project actions I'm concerned about are the ones that are currently actionable.

Now, I don't personally use the Task/Subtask sort, so you don't need to take my perspective to heart too much. But I would think it's reasonable to apply any following criteria to the parent section as well as the subtasks. If someone were sorting by due date, for example, I think it would be important to have the projects due soon appearing at the top, rather than have the 20-step project due 6 months from now sitting there.

Just an idea. :)
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11      Next