ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Salgud"
Salgud

Posted Nov 21, 2016 in: Focus on a project
Score: 0
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Nov 21, 2016
  • Score: 0
Turn on Subtasks, Indented (under the eye icon, upper right)

This message was edited Nov 21, 2016.
Salgud

Posted Nov 17, 2016 in: Focus on a project
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Nov 17, 2016
Go to the parent task, and click on the downward arrow and select Permanent Link.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Oct 21, 2016
Posted by Ummagumma:
It would be great to have an option for the master task to assume the due date of it's earliest subtask.

It would be even better if this was a toggle switch that could be activated per task rather than globally.

If such a feature were to be added, I would much prefer that the Due Date of the master task be the latest of it's subtasks, not the earliest. This is how all scheduling software works, for obvious reasons.
Salgud

Posted Oct 20, 2016 in: Saved Searches Examples
Score: 1
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Oct 20, 2016
  • Score: 1
Thanks for posting that.

I have quite a few. My main one is my personal version of the Hotlist:

Checked Off | No
and
Folder | is not | Templates
and
Status | is not | Canceled
and
Due Date | is before | tomorrow
or
Start Date | is before | tomorrow
or
Due Date | Doesn't exist
or
Starred | yes
and
Status | is | Next Action
or
Due Date | is before | tomorrow
or
Start Date | is before | tomorrow
or
Starred | yes

I'm open to suggestions to improve it, of course.
Salgud

Posted Sep 28, 2016 in: How To Simplify Toodledo Tasks Display
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Sep 28, 2016
I also have ADHD, whatever that means :), and sometimes it helps to switch to Grid mode and hide all the details of the tasks and show only the task names and the Primary Sort criteria. Of course, I always have my subtasks set to indent, so they appear below their parent tasks, which greatly minimizes the confusion.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Sep 27, 2016
Yes. Saved Search:

Checked Off | No
and
Start Date | is Before | tommorow
or
Due Date | is | Today
Salgud

Posted Sep 26, 2016 in: Marking tasks complete on app IOS
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Sep 26, 2016
Same way you do on the website, press on the white box to the left of the task.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Sep 26, 2016
I guess you haven't found Save Searches yet. Nor bothered to do a search in the help screens or the forums for your answer. These are the quickest ways to solve a problem in TD.

If you look at the left side of the TD screen (web-based), you'll see a bunch of icons in a blue menu strip down the side. Click on the bottom one, the magnifying glass, then click on New Search. You'll see that you can do exactly what you have queried about and fairly easily. If you want to know more about Saved Searches, you can query the forums and the help screens. If you have questions that you can't find answers to this way, you can always come to the forums and ask for help.
Salgud

Posted Sep 23, 2016 in: How Far Ahead Do You Look
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Sep 23, 2016
Posted by coolexplorer:

Also, I would like the Priority numbering system to allow label changes at the user end so that I can use the Eisenhower system of "U&I, INU, UNI, NUNI".

This request has been made many times and has been on "the list" for years. Obviously not a priority.

Actually, you can do this now with a bit of imagination. Just consider "Top" priority Q1, "High" prioriy Q2, etc. I've done it and it works just fine. Within a week you'll be translating the existing priorities in your head without thinking about it any more. And TD will still have a near universal priority system that can be adapted to this, and many other, priority systems. But it does take a bit of imagination.
Salgud

Posted Sep 22, 2016 in: Aged tasks
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Sep 22, 2016
Posted by Olivir2015:
As it is now, I believe the only way to track for how long has a task been starred (apart from not using start date for anything else than setting it up to the day you have starred the task) would be to stop making any changes to the task between setting the star and completing it, so that the modified date is kept unchanged.

Agreed. This is pretty much what I said above. Twice. Maybe if we repeat it enough times and enough different ways, he'll get it.
Salgud

Score: 2
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Sep 13, 2016
  • Score: 2
Account Settings, New Tasks Default
Salgud

Posted Sep 09, 2016 in: Aged tasks
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Sep 09, 2016
To all above,

There seems to be quite a bit of confusion about something that is relatively simple. Maybe my explanation above was unclear, so I'll take another shot at it.

AFAIK, there is no way to determine exclusively when a task was Starred, or any other specific attribute was changed. Date Modified merely tells me that some attribute of that task was modified on that date, but not which attribute was changed. So it I Star it Monday, change the Due Date Tuesday, and edit the name on Wed., Wed is going to be the current Date Modified. You can't test to see how long ago it was Starred.

Setting test criteria of:

Starred | Yes
and
Date Modified | was in the last | x days

will return a list of Starred tasks that have had ANY ATTRIBUTE changed in the last x days, including but NOT LIMITED TO Starring. This test will only work in your intended way if you know that the last change you made was Starring it.

I hope that clarifies how the Search criteria work.
Salgud

Posted Sep 09, 2016 in: indented mode for subtasks by default
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Sep 09, 2016
I'm not sure what you're asking for. If you set subtasks to indented, they stay indented until you change it. It's kind of default by default. :)
Salgud

Posted Sep 08, 2016 in: Aged tasks
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Sep 08, 2016
Seems like an interesting idea for a filter, but the filter you're using won't return only those tasks which have had a star more than 2 days, but any task that is starred and was modified more than 2 days ago, which would include if you changed anything else such as Due Date or Status or whatever. To do what you want it to, your filter depends on the fact that you do not routinely change other attributes of your tasks once they have been starred. This may be true in your case, but is certainly not the case in mine. Only you know if it's true for you. Is this possibly the problem?
Salgud

Posted Sep 07, 2016 in: Time for Undo
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Sep 07, 2016
This is one that's been promised since the parting of the Red Sea - an Undo feature. I just accidentally deleted a parent task with about 10 subtasks I need to do this afternoon. Gone. Control Z too late. I doubt you have a single user who hasn't wished for this feature a time or two. PLEASE!
Salgud

Score: 2
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Sep 02, 2016
  • Score: 2
I guess I don't see any value added by doing this, but it could confuse new users. What purpose does it serve? Can't people who consider it "Inbox" just pretend that's what it's called? Is this worth even a few hours of a programmer's time?
Salgud

Posted Aug 25, 2016 in: keyboard shortcuts
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Aug 25, 2016
I don't use them myself, but TD has them already:
http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=18
Salgud

Posted Aug 16, 2016 in: Copy and Paste a Task
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Aug 16, 2016
Would like to help you. What is an "account"? What is a "repeat tab"?
Salgud

Posted Aug 05, 2016 in: Toodledo Roadmap Update
Score: 1
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Aug 05, 2016
  • Score: 1
Posted by Jake:
but in general it will be very familiar looking when we are done.

Great! Glad to hear it.
Salgud

Posted Aug 01, 2016 in: Todoist vs Toodledo -- Why I'm back.
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Aug 01, 2016
Posted by Jeremyrrsmith:

.... I would love to see a sequential repeating task, Gym session 2 starts x days after session 1 is complete, three starts x dates after 2 is complete etc, with session 1 starting after session three has been completed. etc.... a routine for gym sessions.

Interesting. In almost 30 yrs using task managers (DOS days, when they were TSRs), never heard of anything like that.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79   80   81      Next