ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Adrien Beau"
Adrien Beau

Posted Nov 16, 2015 in: Google Calendar integration...
Score: 0
Posted by coolexplorer:
The other allied requested feature is to have a calendar like view in TD where one can see ones dated tasks in dairy like calendar slots for the day, week, month.

Toodledo already has a calendar view (I use it a lot). Two months are shown in the sidebar in typical calendar representation. Inside each day, a dot represents a dated task due for that day. Click on a day to show the tasks due that day. Click on the chevrons to the left side of a week to show the tasks due that week. Click on a month name to show the tasks due that month.

(I hope I understood your text correctly. It contains a lot of strange words such as "allied" and "dairy".)
Adrien Beau

Posted Nov 13, 2015 in: Todoist vs Toodledo -- Why I'm back.
Posted by Salgud:
it's unfortunate that the development of the task management aspect has stopped

Considering all the UI improvements that happened in the past few months (and which were a factor in getting me to migrate away from Todoist), I think it is very unfair (to say the least) to claim that the development has stopped. Improving the UI is important and was very much needed, and correctly prioritized.
Adrien Beau

Posted Nov 13, 2015 in: Quick Add Syntax...
Posted by insanum:
Todoist supports this and it makes sense for Toodledo to do the same to remain competitive.

Note that Todoist support for this is irritating, and one of the reasons I left it for Toodledo.

On one hand it had a date parser that was way too greedy (recognizing common words as dates and deleting them from the task title), on the other hand it still does not support specifying projects in-line, which is a major bother.

So if you choose to implement it, be careful about it. :-)
Adrien Beau

Posted by lumeng.accounts:
One of the default status of an issue/item is 'Reference'. What is it for? Or, what do people usually use it for?

It's a concept you can find in GTD, where some information you put in your inbox ends up not being actionable. Generally you should end up deleting it to clear up your mind, but in some cases, you may want to keep it around. Of course, this is also where other tools may be more appropriate (notes, etc.), but for a small tidbit of information in a relevant folder, using this status for an already input task/text might be the most efficient way to deal with it. I have a few tasks this way.
Adrien Beau

Posted Nov 11, 2015 in: Tasks Redesign (part 4)
Score: -1
Posted by dave.erwin:
Why do we even need a "Add Task" button?

When adding a task, I always type it into the Quick Add Task field. Then it appears at the top of my list then I edit each field how ever I need to.

When adding a task, I always use the "Add Task" button. This way I can type all the fields at once without disruption. Why do we even need a Quick Add Task field?
Adrien Beau

Posted Nov 03, 2015 in: Corporate web filters
One of the reasons I switched to Toodledo was that Todoist got blocked at work. I work as a contractor for large corporations, and they tend to filter web sites based on categorization provided by third-parties. Typically, they blacklist whole categories, and then whitelist individual web sites based on employee feedback (if they ever bother).

One of the leading providers of such categorization (and web filters in general) is Blue Coat. They have a page where you can check the categories applied to individual web sites: http://sitereview.bluecoat.com/sitereview.jsp

- Todoist is categorized as Office/Business Applications and File Storage/Sharing.
- Toodledo is categorized as Office/Business Applications.

Obviously, Todoist got blocked for being in the File Storage/Sharing category. With increased awareness of data management issues, corporations are becoming increasingly wary of such features. Employees will have a hard time to convince the powers that be to authorize a web site in such a category. (Contractors even more so.)

Todoist file storage features and task sharing features are roughly similar to those of Toodledo. It is only a matter of time, bad luck or significant increase in popularity before Toodledo is categorized the same. Toodledo may well want to have a backup plan for the day this happens (for example with a different URL for a site version that has no file sharing feature).
Adrien Beau

Posted Nov 03, 2015 in: Due time ergonomic improvement
(Note that I am using the 24-hour time format.)

In the Due Date and Time pop-up window, the Time field could be more helpful. I believe people mostly input whole hours there, and I certainly do. However, when I type a whole number and leave the field, it is converted to a number of minutes after midnight, which is unhelpful to say the least. I need to type either an am/pm indicator, or a colon and a zero to have the field do what I want.

When numbers between 0 and 23 are input in the field, it would be better to convert them to a number of hours.

Current examples:

7 gives 12:07 am (or 00:07 in 24-hour time format)
21 gives 12:21 am (or 00:21 in 24-hour time format)
30 gives 12:30 am (or 00:30 in 24-hour time format)

Desired examples:

7 would give 7:00 am (or 7:00 in 24-hour time format)
21 would give 9:00 pm (or 21:00 in 24-hour time format)
30 would still give 12:30 am (or 00:30 in 24-hour time format)

I understand inputting 21 and getting 9pm could be surprising to people not used to that, but would this be worse than getting 12:21am?
Adrien Beau

Posted Nov 02, 2015 in: Account activity not working properly?
I have the same issue. I access the site using Firefox and Chrome, and access the site from a variety of networks: DSL line, mobile tethering, corporate connection. My current IP is displayed at the bottom of the list, but all entries in the list are of "unknown" address.

This message was edited Nov 02, 2015.
Adrien Beau

Posted Oct 28, 2015 in: Tasks Redesign (part 4)
Score: 2
Having very recently switched from a competitor, I appreciate how well you handled the situation.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4