ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Ob-La-Di+ruben"
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Posted Apr 04, 2019 in: Stop Batch Edit Tasks
Score: 0
Posted by apois:
Just a quick update - the J/K/L scrolling issue seems to now be gone, and I can use the batch-edit correctly with the L-key. I don't know if this was a code update, or something at my end, but it seems good now. Many thanks!

Interesting, apois - I still see exactly the same problematic behavior as before (L, J, K, cause list repositioning/scrolling). Ugly text selection (inverted blue up to top of task list on FF, up to top of entire text frame on IE, including batch edit dialog window) as I choose the tasks to bulk edit. (same as my screenshot posting above)

Laptop touchpad was the issue earlier. Once I hit Shift-L, touch pad mouse input was not seen.

I reloaded toodledo page, logged out/in and still the same results. I tried this on Win10 FireFox Quantum, MS Edge as well as on Win7 Firefox and IE. On IE, I also saw intermittent missed mouse clicks, as described in other forum thread. Also tried on beta with same erroneous results.

This message was edited Apr 04, 2019.
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Thanks, J-O-D

Well, toodle environment is just so darn "dynamic" these days.

I know you're over in the EU (U.K. did you say?) so I thought I'd do a quick check but need to grab more shut-eye over here in San Francisco if I'm going to be marginally functional come the workday.

So I go and check to see how toodle behaves for me and I can't get anything batch-edit-wise to work at the moment. After reading your post, I'd thought probably my touchpad was causing hiccups and I needed to switch to a standard mouse to try this out. However, all the "apois" repositioning has disappeared (L, J, K), and batch edit shortcut does not work at all for me at the moment. I'm presuming that toodle dev must be rolling out new "fixes" or something.

Well, I'll delve into this more when am more awake...
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Wow, that's sure nice of you, J-O-D, and going above and beyond.

I sure hope that toodle new owners have taken note that there seems to be a bit of discontent/discord out here in the ranks and get things settled down before the dust settles and their customer base has ...

I guess you don't see the spurious blue text selection that I get when using the L shortcut?
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Posted Apr 03, 2019 in: Notification
There's an IFTTT applet that you can enable to send yourself the completed tasks.

https://ifttt.com/applets/133421p-email-yourself-completed-toodledo-tasks?term=toodledo
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Never mind about this question.

My question was garbage. The date listed in the Support Ticket list is just the date ticket was created and never changes.

Would be nice if perhaps there was also a last updated date included in that listing of tickets.Creation date is less useful.

This message was edited Apr 03, 2019.
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Posted Apr 03, 2019 in: Stop Batch Edit Tasks
Posted by -J-O-D-:
In my case, it just works - you select more tasks when holding L - just like e. g. in Windows you can select multiple files while holding CTRL and clicking on them. You click on e. g. 3 tasks (they need not to be next to each other), they higlight, you click on them, they are deselected. The number you mention reflects the real number of selected tasks (e. g. 3), so it goes up and down. The changes set up in right panel are then applied to all selected tasks.

Awesome, thanks J-O-D! (and btw, I'm glad to see you're back. It seemed you were gone for almost the entire month of March and I was about going to drop out a bleat and see if you were still about).

Batch Edit (w/L shortcut), with your help, now works much better for me and trending towards as expected.

FEEDBACK TO TOODLE DEV on batch edit feature

If the set of tasks on the screen is less than a screenfull, then there is no erroneous scrolling (which apois called out), it seems. However, when there is more than a screenfull, the task list re-positions as apois describes. Also, now when I hold down SHIFT L, the task list just scrolls continuously up to the top before it stops. Impossible to use.

When the task list is smaller than a screenfull, I am able to select individual tasks and they are highlighted (yellow) and the batch edit menu appears and the task counter increments correctly. However, in addition to that, large chunks of my screen are selected and then displayed as inverted text (blue). It's a mess at my end here.

Here's what I mean --

---------------------

Are other people seeing this too?

Ob-La-Di+ruben

Posted Apr 03, 2019 in: Stop Batch Edit Tasks
apois - Just a quick test & I see same behavior as you with L, J, K (Firefox quantum, win10)

shift key also seems to cause list to reposition sometimes.

Frankly I can't get a grasp of how Batch Edit is supposed to work, in general, actually. Whatever I do, the menu shows up and says "All 1 of these tasks will be edited" where "1" seems to defeat the purpose of it being a batch operation. Had the same confusion earlier when ctrl was running amok.
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Hi Anant,

When I look at my Support Ticket list, wouldn't the listed latest time stamp for each ticket also reflect when Toodle folks had made an update?

I'd been presuming there was no activity by looking at my list until I noticed that I'd gotten an email notification for one of the tickets on 3/31. The ticket time stamp in my list still shows 3/26 when I last updated.

Is this the expected behavior? (I don't check that email very regularly)

Thanks.

Ob-La-Di+ruben

Another new one just now - "Network Errors Sync'ing Folders"

- Hi Anant,

if user is marking a task complete and there is some issue with the network we have to show the error to the user immediately.

What is the ramification of not showing the error and the sync having failed? The task would not be correctly marked as completed? Some sort of backend data corruption?

If it's just the former, I'd rather live with that and retry marking the task completed than the very regular errors that I keep seeing, and have no idea next steps to address.

Been on toodledo for doing on 3 yrs now, I believe (same iOS/PC envs the whole time). Can you clarify if something has changed in the implementation to bring this to the fore? To my knowledge, I never used to see these errors prior to the new team taking over Toodle.

Thanks.

This message was edited Apr 01, 2019.
Ob-La-Di+ruben

By the way, to others, Anant had asked me to file a support ticket so this could be looked into in the logs. I filed the ticket and it was quickly closed after being checked and I told that there was a network issue.

I assume that these are temporary failures that subsequently go away with retry. It'd be nice to either suppress the error mesg (if situation is temporary) or give us some more information on how to rectify. As is, it's kind of a useless error message, imo. (e.g. "Network error syncing Contexts" -- I don't even use contexts)

If the error is going to be thrown, then we should have some idea of what to do about it rather than just being "noise."

-----Adding
Thanks. Anant, we posted simultaneously.

This message was edited Apr 01, 2019.
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Just got a new one:

"Network Error Syncing Contexts"

Assuming these are temporary errors and sync will retry and succeed, it'd be nice if the error messages could be suppressed.
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Presumably it does, but a useful data point would be whether you see the same incorrect behavior in the legacy UI, toodledo.com/tasks, or if it works there.
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Score: 1
Yesterday I ran into a situation where certain tasks would not respond to clicks on the drop-down menu icon to create-subtasks/clone/etc. It only happened with one or two tasks and not any of the others. Reloading the toodledo page did not fix it. Switching browsers worked tho.

It was very aggravating but I couldn't nail down any specific info on how this was occurring to share with Toodle.

This message was edited Mar 30, 2019.
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Posted Mar 28, 2019 in: Active tasks not showing in search
Sounds like you run in beta all the time. Are you sure that you want to be doing that?

Toodle explicitly says that when using beta, you're on your own if data gets lost/corrupted and that's why they recommend that you do a backup before using that env in case you need to get your data back and which you can then do thru a restore (from your own backup, not theirs).
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Posted Mar 28, 2019 in: Active tasks not showing in search
Hi coachmac,

If your issue with just with search results in Beta being incomplete, then I ran into that as well when I was testing a fix that toodle dev had put there for a different problem that I ran into.

I noted this beta search problem to them in the support ticket and here is what I wrote, followed by their response.

--------Completely separate observation about the Beta environment.

Just fyi, for some reason I'm not able to "find" all my tasks in Beta. I used the search-entry-line which comes with the keyboard shortcut 'f'.

When doing a search, only a subset of the tasks which I actually have which matched that search criteria showed up in Beta. Different, longer, complete list showed up in production.
----------------------------
Posted on Mar 26, 2019 17:16 by Toodledo:

Yeah we know that, trying to resolve this issue : https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/26855/0/couple-of-issues-with-subtask-views.html

But our internal beta user did log that issue for search so we are going to fix that.

Also there is some testing being done for this feature request too : https://roadmap.toodledo.com/feature-requests/p/link-task-to-completion-of-another-task

Will create a separate forum post for the same.

This message was edited Mar 28, 2019.
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Behavior in the new UI is inconsistent .

When I go into edit mode in a Toodle task Note using Firefox v66 latest, the cursor is at the beginning of the Note.
In Chrome v73 latest, the cursor is placed at the very end of the Note.

This is inconsistent and an encumbrance, especially when the Note is a longer one.

In the legacy old UI, the cursor was always placed at the beginning of the Note with both browsers.
Ob-La-Di+ruben

I also see basically the same increased laggy-ness contrast between new UI and legacy when getting out of the task tag cloud dialog.

New UI is way, way slower, bothersomely so. Legacy response is almost instantaneous
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Hi Musicant (and Linden)

That's very unfortunate that you seem to be hitting another variant of this issue.

It seems the toodle folks put out an update and a bunch of us no longer see the issue for our workflows. Just fyi, there's this other related forum posting on this subject wherein others are complaining about the implementation of this new feature and it seems that toodle folks may be considering alternate implementation.

Stop Batch Edits
Ob-La-Di+ruben

You're presumably clearing out your deleted tasks from history with deletion at the bottom of the Settings screen, right?

https://www.toodledo.com/account_edit.php
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Hi,

Your issue sure sounds similar to this one from January -

Tech Crone

Posted: Jan 06, 2019

For the second time in about a week I have been blocked from posting a new task to my account (Silver subscription renews in February) with a pop-up that says I have "reached the limit" of 20,000 tasks per account. The pop-up then suggests that I delete some completed tasks. I don't recall ever being informed that there was a limit on number of tasks I can post, and when I check the terms of my subscription it appears that I am supposed to be able to post an unlimited number of tasks. And it appears that I am supposed to be able to keep completed tasks for two years.

I wouldn't necessarily mind deleting some unneeded completed tasks, but I do very much mind that (apparently) the terms under which I purchased my Silver subscription have been changed without my permission, and even without giving me any advance warning. I also object to the way this is being handled -- I go to the trouble of entering a task and THEN am told that I can't save it. What if I'm in the middle of something and can't stop immediately to delete completed tasks? This shows very little consideration for users.

At any rate, I'd like an explanation of what's going on, please. I'd also like to see a response to the people who have asked why the standard plan is evidently being restricted to one week of completed tasks. (This seems unnecessarily restrictive -- to the point of being churlish -- to me.)

from this forum posting in News.

Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans

Duo responded with:

Those limits are nothing new. I've seen them before in the FAQ and they have been discussed on the forums before:

https://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php#97

https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/12416/0/number-of-task-limit.html

Most odd that it sounds like you're trying to clean up and permanently delete old tasks but it's not unblocking you.

This message was edited Mar 27, 2019.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7      Next