Search results for "Posted by eykanal"
eykanal

Posted Mar 23, 2010 in: REAPETED TASK
Score: 0
  • eykanal
  • Posted: Mar 23, 2010
  • Score: 0
Use the "optionally on" setting.

In more detail, when you make a new to-do and click on the "due date/time" box, you'll note that (in the calendar mini-window) to the immediate left of the textbox is a drop-down menu that says, by default, "due by." You can change that to "optionally on." With this, even if you don't finish it on one day, it will show up as a new to-do the next day.
eykanal

Posted Mar 23, 2010 in: Reminders in SMS set via email?
  • eykanal
  • Posted: Mar 23, 2010
If you want to see how they're progressing with updates, check the news forum. They post all updates there. There isn't anything beyond that. As was stated here and in many other threads, they will not comment on release dates of specific features. Asking the question and waiting for their answer is actually counterproductive; they have to spend time answering your question instead of working on the code to fix it. Be patient; they'll let you know when it's fixed.
eykanal

Posted Mar 18, 2010 in: TinyMCE editor in Notebook
  • eykanal
  • Posted: Mar 18, 2010
The notebook feature currently seems to be a half-hearted attempt to provide a section where folks can write stuff to themselves. Its very simple, not well integrated into the rest of the site, and not available on the iPhone. However, leaving all that alone, it's even more simple in that its surprisingly difficult to write good notes; I need to actually write HTML code to make a simple list!

I would like to suggest that the developers incorporate something like TinyMCE, TidyRTE, CKEditor, or any other similar tool. All of these would require minimal work on the part of Toodledo developers, and would result in a much more useful feature for us users. Thanks!
eykanal

Posted Mar 14, 2010 in: Date view inconsistency
  • eykanal
  • Posted: Mar 14, 2010
Same problem as opening post. Located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA. EST (-5 GMT).
eykanal

• eykanal
  • Posted: Mar 12, 2010
This Mac Dev Center document may be relevant, but frankly that's a really screwy way to implement something as simple as scroll bars on the part of Apple. You may want to look into it anyway.
eykanal

• eykanal
  • Posted: Mar 11, 2010
There's some odd behavior in how clicks and drags behave on the dashboard. See this movie to see the bug in action. (Turn volume on; clicks can be heard through the speakers.)

In short, clicking and dragging on the scrollbar causes the widget to be moved instead of causing the scrollbar to scroll. I'm not sure if this is a dashboard bug or a widget bug, so I'm submitting it here and you can figure it out for yourself. :)
eykanal

• eykanal
  • Posted: Mar 11, 2010
Currently, viewing the hotlist on the iPhone just shows a long list of stuff, without any more information:

One downside I find is that I can't tell which items are today's items, which are overdue, and which are due three weeks from now. There's now easy way to do it. (Emphasis on easy... yes, you can just read the dates, but I can't do that at a glance... I have to look through each item and assess when its due, hardly an easy task with 30+ items.)

There's a mechanism for such context separators on the iPhone, though! I give you the calendar app:

Note how the dates are separated by those funky floating section header tabs. Those are informative, intuitive, and unobtrusive.

So, my request is that Toodledo implement a sorting mechanism in the hotlist view using that interface element. I personally would separate things via date, but I imagine it would be an option - sort via importance, date, tag, etc.
eykanal

• eykanal
  • Posted: Feb 25, 2010
Just so you know, those only appear when you sort by importance. Try sorting by something else... folder, due date... and they'll go away.

If you want your stuff sorted by importance, though, then your only option (AFAIK) is to use a different interface to your tasks list. You can try the slim interace for a different look.

This message was edited Feb 25, 2010.
eykanal

Posted Feb 25, 2010 in: Automatic Sequence Enforcement
  • eykanal
  • Posted: Feb 25, 2010
I just wanted to add a +1 to the number of people requesting this feature (task dependency linking). Thanks!

* Posted here because in doing a search for "dependency," this was the most recent topic about it. Yay for reducing forum topic clutter!
eykanal

Posted Feb 05, 2010 in: Problems getting tasks from Jott
  • eykanal
  • Posted: Feb 05, 2010
Both the FAQ section and the Tools & Services section ([1], [2]) seem to suggest that Jott is supported. You may want to consider editing/removing those pages.

This message was edited Feb 05, 2010.
eykanal

Posted Feb 04, 2010 in: "Remind me" at exact time
  • eykanal
  • Posted: Feb 04, 2010
Thanks for the response! I guess it's a case of "que sera, sera." Thanks anyway for an awesome app.
eykanal

Posted Feb 02, 2010 in: Notes won't print in booklet
  • eykanal
  • Posted: Feb 02, 2010
I'm pretty sure that the "Notes" in the booklet does NOT refer to the "notes" that you append to each task. Rather, it refers to a page with the title "Notes", where you can write your own notes in your booklet. Unless I've missed something, you can't print currently to-do notes in the booklet.
eykanal

Posted Feb 02, 2010 in: "Remind me" at exact time
  • eykanal
I don't quite agree with that argument. If they're telling you they'll provide a reminder 15 minutes prior, they don't mean "anywhere between 0 and 15 minutes prior." They mean 15 minutes prior, exactly. Whether they can deliver that is always a function of the current state of their servers as well as global internet congestion and traffic, the first of which they take pains to address (server upgrades, fast pipelines, etc) and the second of which they're at much at risk as any other web-based business.

In my opinion, they do the first very well... I never experience any delays with this site, and my reminders come almost instantaneously. The second is not something they can control for, and consequently not something which I as a reasonable customer can hold them accountable for.

In light of that, this is a simple request for functionality which I think should have been there all along. They already offer "instantaneous" reminders for 15 min prior, 30 min prior, etc... why not immediate? I have yet to see a desktop to-do app which doesn't offer this functionality.
eykanal

Posted Feb 02, 2010 in: iPhone app updated to version 1.5.7
  • eykanal
Posted a nice review, hopefully it'll be there soon. Thanks again for an excellent website AND an excellent iPhone/iPod app!
eykanal

Posted Feb 01, 2010 in: "Remind me" at exact time
  • eykanal
  • Posted: Feb 01, 2010
You missed the second point in my post.

2) It would be nice if there would be a "remind me at this time" (i.e., 0 min before) option... not everything requires 15 minutes of planning.

Thanks!
eykanal

Posted Jan 29, 2010 in: "Remind me" at exact time
  • eykanal
  • Posted: Jan 29, 2010
Two separate points:

1) Currently, when I check the "remind me" checkbox, that action isn't saved until I select a time from the drop-down menu. (i.e., if I check the box and then navigate away from the "Date and Time" opoup window, no alarm is set.) This behavior is contrary to almost the entire rest of the site, where as soon as I make a selection the item is saved.

2) There should be a "remind me at this time" (i.e., 0 min before) option... not everything requires 15 minutes of planning.

Thanks!
eykanal

Posted Jan 11, 2010 in: Notebook access from iPhone App
  • eykanal
  • Posted: Jan 11, 2010
Is that intentional? I mean, isn't the Toodledo iPhone app made by Toodledo™ (the company)? If so, I assume they have the resources and technical ability to make their own app access the entirety of their own service.

In any event, this was meant as a feature request. If The Powers That Be for some reason don't ever intend on adding this feature, that's fine, but I think its a perfectly reasonable request.
eykanal

Posted Jan 10, 2010 in: Notebook access from iPhone App
  • eykanal
  • Posted: Jan 10, 2010
This topic seems to have been brought up before (here and here), but over a year. I just wanted to mention to The Powers That Be that interest for this feature is still extant. It doesn't look like there's a way to do it currently... if there is, please let me know, and if not please put a +1 next to it in the "To-Do" list. Thanks!
eykanal

• eykanal
  • Posted: Jan 08, 2010
No suggestion here, just wanted to say thanks for a truly excellent app!
eykanal

Score: -1
  • eykanal
  • Posted: Jan 08, 2010
  • Score: -1

As was said, feature already available via tags. While I do understand the "Toodledo isn't GTD" argument, context is clearly implemented here for the GTD folks. There are so many features in Toodledo (which aren't part of the GTD method) and you can already accomplish what you want using those methods.

However, the idea to have a pop-up box with all your current tags and checkboxes is a good one. This could also be implemented using autocomplete and a drop-down menu, similar to google autocomplete.

EDIT TO ADD: check out this post. It appears this feature is coming to the web interface sometime in the future.

This message was edited Jan 08, 2010.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5      Next