ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by PeterW "
PeterW 

Posted Mar 15, 2012 in: Addition of tasks via email is slow?
Score: 0
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Mar 15, 2012
  • Score: 0
It works almost instantaneously for me, faster than I am able to switch from my email client to Toodledo.
PeterW 

Posted Mar 14, 2012 in: ie 9.08 issue Status display
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Mar 14, 2012
...or switch to multi line mode where you just see two fields and can therefore make the browser window much smaller.
PeterW 

Posted Mar 09, 2012 in: Toodledo for Work and Home
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Mar 09, 2012
I also have @work and @home contexts but sometimes I can do personal stuff at work and vice versa, so I use tags. I have two tags, 'business' and 'personal'. I don't use any other tags so all I have to do is select one tag to display the tasks I want to see. In conjunction with the contexts, I can get exactly what I want.

This message was edited Mar 09, 2012.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Mar 08, 2012
Posted by andrew:
Ambitious for you, aren't I? :-)

I think you're dreaming. ;-)
PeterW 

Posted Mar 06, 2012 in: Noob Question
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Mar 06, 2012
Posted by WCGal:
May I ask what the 'Force Device' and 'Force Toodledo' at the bottom of the page for Synchronization mean?

These buttons allow you to reset your data by forcing a sync from either website-->device or device-->website if you have problems. More is explained here:
http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=76

Posted by WCGal:
Will this app work with an iPod Touch as well? Would be handy to be able to take iTouch to the grocery store with elist rather than the paper based one I usually leave lying by the broccoli.

Yes, it will work on iPod Touch. The only difference is that the sync will only work while you are connected to a hotspot.

This message was edited Mar 06, 2012.
PeterW 

Posted Mar 06, 2012 in: Multiple Levels of Subtasks
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Mar 06, 2012
FYI, there is another thread from a few months back where Toodledo provides additional insight into why this feature request hasn't progressed:

http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/13692/0/need-the-ability-to-add-subtask-to-subtask.html
PeterW 

Posted Mar 04, 2012 in: Toodledo Redesign - July 2011 - Part 3
Score: 1
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Mar 04, 2012
  • Score: 1
Yes, that's annoying. But after typing a few letters and locating the tag as I suggested, just hit the Tab key and it will auto-select the highlighted tag.
PeterW 

Posted Mar 03, 2012 in: iOS Update: Timer, Tweets and more
Score: -1
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Mar 03, 2012
  • Score: -1
While it's nice that you want an official Toodledo app for your Android, your post would be a bit like me complaining that Omnifocus is not available for Windows because Windows has a much bigger market share than MacOS.

It's just a development decision - the developer never said that they'd cover all platforms. If you want something for Windows Mobile then same deal. You probably need to look at what's available for your OS of choice before you purchase that computer/device.

Have you tried the new mobile browser site?
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Mar 01, 2012
I've long wanted manual sorting. Now that I've switched to Appigo's Todo Online I finally have it. And because I use their iPhone app, the manual sort syncs between the two.

It probably doesn't seem like a big deal to some but it's bliss. I don't know how I lived without it. I just have to remind myself that I can do it because I occasionally forget, having used Toodledo for a few years.
PeterW 

Posted Feb 29, 2012 in: Multi-year repeats
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Feb 29, 2012
This is not possible at the moment, so I'd just create the first task then make as many clones as you need and set future due dates on them. Wouldn't take long.
PeterW 

Posted Feb 29, 2012 in: Toodledo Redesign - July 2011 - Part 3
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Feb 29, 2012
Did you know that if you begin typing the tag, it will highlight it after the first few letters are typed? It's a quicker way of finding a tag in a long list.
PeterW 

Posted Feb 24, 2012 in: Facebook and Twitter Integration
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Feb 24, 2012
Posted by Salgud:
I'm showing my age again. I can't imagine any of my family or friends wanting to be kept up to date every time I plan a meeting or make a correction to the project website. I guess young people think this is utterly thrilling! Thank God none of my sons are of that ilk.

Just curious. This is an oft requested "feature"?

I assumed that this was one of those things that was considered "interesting" and that's why it was done. As opposed to something that users wanted and/or asked for, like being able to change the completed date. With scarce development resources this might antagonise some users but it's a free world and there are alternatives.

I can't ever imagine updating my Facebook or Twitter feed when I've completed a task. I'd do it when I've achieved a goal but I'd probably take the time to post it manually to give some consideration to what I said, add some photos, etc. So a link from here to FB or Twitter isn't something I'd ever use.

I can just imagine my friends response if I tweeted that my weekly financial reports were complete. Every Friday. Zzzzzzzz.... :)
PeterW 

Posted Feb 24, 2012 in: Offline options?
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Feb 24, 2012
Go to the third-party forum here (last one displayed) and search for the following:

TaskUnifier
TaskAngel
Due Today

All are Windows apps that can sync with Toodledo so are offline solutions.
PeterW 

Posted Feb 23, 2012 in: Pro Plus Vs. Pro
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Feb 23, 2012
@ukz_,

Yes, I think the interface works well. I like having the folders on the side and ability to filter easily by tags and contexts at the top.

I agree that not having a community is a let-down. They used to run a user community via Google Groups but closed it late last year - not sure why. Facebook is a bit one-way (you can respond but can start a conversation) but I've found that their support team answers emails quickly. For GTD discussions, the official DavidCo forums are good and you can still post here too.

Lack of export/backup is a good point. I will ask them about that. I guess you can always switch your mobile sync to Toodledo occasionally and keep a backup here. I'm using Todo on iPhone, Mac and online so my data is already in three places so I feel safe.

Having a proper inbox, better project handling and manual sort is brilliant.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Feb 22, 2012
Posted by Canyon Russell:
JPR, That's a great work around, I'll give it a try.

It's just frustrating that a product that is so great in so many ways, forces us to develop these work arounds for such a fundamental part of the GTD process. It would be so easy to fix. If they would just implement 'Projects' all these complaints would go away. And with the standard ability to 'disable' any features, it wouldn't even effect people that didn't want it.

I saw a post recently over on the official Dave Allen GTD forums from one of the staff regarding project handling. It made me stop and realise that I had been dicking around for too long with poor project handling here. It simply said: Get a better tool that doesn't repel you from tracking your commitments. It was true... the tool was making it hard for me to get things done! It's hard enough already to get more complex things done (i.e. projects) so when the tool makes it more difficult, it's time to rethink.

Posted by Canyon Russell:
I'm just amazed that no currently available web app handles this well. Believe me, I have tried them ALL.

I agree. I don't think we will see any major change to this in Toodledo as it seems the vast majority of (silent) users are happy the way it is. Have you tried NirvanaHQ? Their project handling is pretty good. One problem is their lack of a mobile version (other than mobile browser) but their first iOS version is just going into beta so there's hope.

I've just moved over to Appigo's Todo Online. Their project handling is better than Toodledo's (same as it is with their iPhone app) because sub-tasks are anchored to the parent and the parent inherits the due date of the next action (shown in italics). There are more improvements that could be made but it's at least a sensible approach and is working better for me.

This message was edited Feb 22, 2012.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Feb 22, 2012
Saved searched are good for this type of thing. I could have happily lived on the search page all the time except that there are no task counts displayed. I found that I really relied on them for at-a-glance info.

I really like having a dual task count, e.g. overdue/total number.
PeterW 

Posted Feb 21, 2012 in: Pro Plus Vs. Pro
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Feb 21, 2012
Posted by Andrew A:
... but always willing to poke my nose in elsewhere. (I poked into that one, but not really for me).

I took a test drive when Todo Online was first launched but the web interface didn't really work for me - it tried to replicate the iOS screen look & feel but was quite clunky in a regular browser.

Thankfully they've updated since then so the interface is now good. At first glance it looks simple but that's just clever UI design. Toodledo is more old school where just about everything is visible & obvious.
PeterW 

Posted Feb 20, 2012 in: WHY IS NOT WORKING?
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Feb 20, 2012
This looks a lot like Appigo Todo but is not the current version. Maybe you are using their free version? And possibly an older version of the free version?

http://www.appigo.com/todo
PeterW 

Posted Feb 20, 2012 in: Pro Plus Vs. Pro
  • PeterW 
When I renewed late last year I dropped back from Pro-plus to Pro because the attachment feature wasn't something I really needed, and I figured that the features (or at least the minor enhancement requests) that I'd been wanting and asking for were probably never going to eventuate. So it wasn't worth paying additional money.

I switched over to Appigo Todo Online last week to try it out.
PeterW 

Posted Feb 20, 2012 in: Better location alarms
  • PeterW 
I just can't see the point of location alerts. I just check my todo list and filter for the @errands context before I get in the car.

Now that I have built-in bluetooth in my car iPhone alerts are silent anyway unless I have switched the car's audio source to the phone.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53      Next