ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Transisto"
Transisto

Posted Jun 29, 2010 in: A little fire underneath your seat
Score: 0
I don't think a 3 employee company has to be that secretive about what they're working on.

Adopting a todo system is so intricate, personal and demand so much trust.
Toodledo has so much potential, I'd like to see the owner risk/invest more in finding good employee and stop trying to do everything himself.

No matter how many feature is being added to Toodledo, if step #1 (the user interface) is broken it will get rejected by most people.
Toodledo is the very opposite of how apple OS attract customers yet it put lots of energy targeting the iPhone users.

Just to see what it's like for newcomers I started to page 1 again. registering a new account.

The first page is black on white and look plain ugly without line-break on a 1920x1080 screen.
Many people will quit before ever finding the "Add a Task" button.

Collaborate
Easily work with other people on shared projects with Toodledo's collaboration tools

(not suppoted on iPhone app)

3rd party iPhone app provides features you advertise but don't even deliver, like sharing task (by email).

I wouldn't even bother to complain about the iPhone app if it didn't seams to be your main focus lately.

On pricing, I'm not sure why I would pay 30$ for having my files stored, I'm 95% certain it would be more of a pain to use than anything else, see dropbox. Not that I care, but it's not even supported on the iPhone app, Where I would most use it (to attach audio/picture) .

This message was edited Jun 29, 2010.
Transisto

Posted Jun 29, 2010 in: android Got to do
Please post question about third party applications to http://www.toodledo.com/forums/8/0/third-party-applications.html
Transisto

Posted Jun 27, 2010 in: Lifehacker Hive Five
Posted by jlaker:
The site http://teuxdeux.com seems to be getting quite a few votes. Very nice UI! TD should work with these guys.

??? It has like, absolutely no features.

Reqall seams better to me.

Here's the Updated link for Voting ... http://lifehacker.com/5573782/five-best-to+do-list-managers?skyline=true&s=i#pd_a_3399326

This message was edited Jun 27, 2010.
Transisto

Why not make something open-source ? everyone is working on it's own thing.
Transisto

Posted by alain:
Hello, I just bought your iPod/iPhone app and use it in french.
I wanted to signal that the translation of the function "Notebook" shouldn't be "Agenda" which in french is a diary / organizer.
Notebook here would rather be "Carnet de notes","Calepin", "bloc-note" or "Mémento" but you may simply use "Notes" which would certainly be the clearest and shortest way to name it.

+1 Agenda is not the right word, I agree to go with "Bloc-Note".
Transisto

Posted by murrycamper:
I am currently working on a desktop app that syncs with Toodledo that allows you to view your tasks and drag them onto a calendar to schedule out your days and weeks. It is based on block scheduling. Any interest?

Yes that'ld be quite useful, Toodledo calendar is lacking,

But it could be solved by simply a few line of code on toodledo side, That is : Allowing an url in the iCal Tasks Import instead of uploading a local file. http://www.toodledo.com/connect_ical.php

It would then be much easier to automate the sync from Google Calendar to Toodledo.

This message was edited Jun 27, 2010.
Transisto

Posted Jun 25, 2010 in: GUI For Reals
I think the owner must have moved to using another iPhone apps and resorted to using the hundreds of user-generated greasemonkeys script and workarounds for his web UI task management needs.

Otherwise I don't know what's going on... I hope it's something big coming-on. (update)

What annoy me the most is that there's about 30 times more work being done on complex workaround for simple fixes, than actual work on the project, (From what I saw in the last 8 months.)

This message was edited Jun 25, 2010.
Transisto

Posted Jun 25, 2010 in: 2Do app with Toodledo
/unrelated to GTD,/

I don't know how different 2do sync but it take ~20 sec of watching progress while toodledo take 5 sec in the background.

2Do is so much better than toodledo app, I am exited to see what's comming in the new 2.0 announced.
Transisto

Posted Jun 25, 2010 in: Save combination of Search and Sort
Score: 1
indeed, It's a feature most people would use.

I had the vision of a simple up/down button along the task to bump or decrease priority. But with only 4 level , low med high top, it's less interesting.
Transisto

Posted Jun 25, 2010 in: Repeating Tasks
No unfortunately, but it's on their todo list.

In the meanwhile I suggest you create a task that remind you to stop the reminder...

"Remind me not to remind me" ,,, ;) kinda odd...
Transisto

I don't understand, I'm pretty sure that's the way TD actually work.

That is : you can have many tags per task and do customized search for : "tag x" and "tag y" or "tag z"

This message was edited Jun 25, 2010.
Transisto

Posted Jun 25, 2010 in: Error #1011
Searching for 1011 lead to this previous discution, it sems unclear or unresolved at first, ... maybe add you voice there, http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/2610/-18388/iphone-app-does-not-seem-to-use-proxy-settings.html
Transisto

Posted Jun 25, 2010 in: How many people work at Toodledo ?
Score: 3
How many people work at Toodledo ?

And who does what ?
Transisto

Score: -4
This post has been hidden because of negative votes. Click to reveal
Transisto

Score: -1
✔ Added option to remove the stripe... (or keep it on main menu only ?)

Nevermind... Thanks for the Update
Transisto

Given there can be multiple tags I'd like the Multi-edit of tags not to override all previous tags.

There could be a select box "replace/Add" and the default behavior would be Add tags.

ThankYou
Transisto

Posted Jun 21, 2010 in: Reminder field on iPhone
That's a legitimate request as all other field are customizable (setting / field default)

Yet , I don't know why someone would never want to be reminded,

This message was edited Jun 21, 2010.
Transisto

That's a very clear explanation.

Thank's PeterW,
Transisto

Score: 2
Posted by eykanal:
Adding lots of underlines everywhere makes for a very messy visual interface. Even more so, given that only a smallish subset of users actually uses the keyboard shortcuts, it would be making a mess which only benefits some users.

1) This is the mess you're worried about, http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2479243/WEBIMG/underline%20toodledo.html

2) Using shortcuts IS THE workaround for that messy and painful user interface.

I also suggest Adding a small tips note somewhere to suggest the use of "?" (Other than the FAQ)

This message was edited Jun 21, 2010.
Transisto

Posted Jun 21, 2010 in: 2Do app with Toodledo
I also like Taska, the updates are slow to come but the product is already better than toodledo's apps.

Posted by SRhyse:
it also stores all that info in the notes field of tasks, making it a bit visually misleading as to whether a task has real notes or not in the webapp.

On 2Do forum they said it's now up to Toodledo (jake) to hide <meta> from the web UI notes ...
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12      Next