ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Joyce"
Joyce

Posted Dec 14, 2012 in: Note Taking Tips plus other questions
Score: 0
  • Joyce
  • Posted: Dec 14, 2012
  • Score: 0
I don't know that Toodledo would be the place to store classnotes. However maybe you could store them in google docs and set up hotlinks. I do know that you have to look at work flow and what kinds of assignments you have.

So what's your major?

What kinds of assignment do you have?

Do faculty put up syllabi on line in advance?

I am a nurse, those majors can be set up very differently from school to school.

I also have a BA in history. I'm a fossil though and I went to college prior to the modern approach to college with a lot of content being on-line.

You could make each class a folder or a goal. Then set out the assignments as tasks. Perhaps do a cut and paste of the assignment details in the task notes themselves?
Joyce

Posted Dec 14, 2012 in: Toodledo for iOS downgraded
  • Joyce
  • Posted: Dec 14, 2012
As much as I prefer the Classic layout I do believe that they could get over the issues with the grey version by first, catching all the known bugs and fixing them and second by introducing more user controls so that people who want more background/text contrast can adjust that, people who don't want a grey background can turn it green or purple or?

But...loose the triangle thing for priority. Or at least make it an option.

If all this means more cost you may have to put it behind a paywall...but I hope I haven't done myself in here! LOL!
Joyce

Posted Dec 13, 2012 in: KEEP THE OLD LAYOUT!
  • Joyce
  • Posted: Dec 13, 2012
I prefer the classic layout to the grey layout as well. So much so that I don't want to call it "old"

It's Classic and classy. Not grey and drab.

That's my opinion :)
Joyce

Posted Dec 12, 2012 in: Competitors
Score: 1
  • Joyce
  • Posted: Dec 12, 2012
  • Score: 1
I use a calendar app called Calengoo. in it they have options to change the colors of things like Today or Weekend. These options are under a setting called "Advance settings" and it brings up a pretty infinite color selection. If that were added to just the background and then, maybe later on other things, it could improve the user exoerience much more than just deciding that everything will be grey and orange...

Of course it could also be something else to break from update to update.
Joyce

Posted Dec 12, 2012 in: iOS app - v3.0 feedback...
  • Joyce
Good suggestions

My I also add-MORE beta testing before you release updates?
Joyce

Posted Dec 12, 2012 in: Toodledo for iOS downgraded
  • Joyce
I would have eventually gotten used to the grey version but it had a not so minor(to me)issue. The hide future filter was broken as far as repeating tasks went. My completed tasks regenerated any time I idled the app. I have to admit I prefer the classic black and white layout better and I hope the Grey version gets a lot of thought as to options before it's reintroduced.

I can bet I will be asking my dh to sequester this version for easy reversion next time.
Joyce

Posted Dec 11, 2012 in: Toodledo for iOS downgraded
Score: 3
  • Joyce
  • Posted: Dec 11, 2012
  • Score: 3
Very happy to see it! My hide future task works again and the app functions smoothly Honestly? this is the better of the two layouts, I compared them briefly before I sync'ed my iPad and the old layout is easier on the eyes and I stronglu encourage you to stay with it and add features to it, not the grey build.

Thank you again!
Joyce

• Joyce
  • Posted: Dec 10, 2012
The whole hide future thing was jacked. I did a support ticket on it too and until the re-issue comes out my iphone and iPad are not working for toodledo for me. Go read the thread about the introduction of the update for more information.
Joyce

Posted Dec 10, 2012 in: Thanks to Jake for listening
  • Joyce
  • Posted: Dec 10, 2012
Posted by stu.kruse:
The latest iOS update for the ToodleDo app led to quite a lot of negative comments from the community (constructive criticism, but probably not the reaction hoped for). I just wanted to say thanks to Jake in open forum for handling the comments so well. He has clearly listened to the community and allowed us to return to the previous much loved version - a decision I suspect was very difficult. So, much kudos to you Jake - it takes a big person to make the tough decisions. You seem to have a very loyal following of people who love and rely on ToodleDo - I hope this fact keeps you going!

Very much appreciated,
Stu

I wholeheartedly agree!
Joyce

Posted Dec 06, 2012 in: App filter question
  • Joyce
  • Posted: Dec 06, 2012
Ticket created.

For any bored person following this thread, I have since learned that the tasks reappear when the app is idled for a little while, like the time it took me to run to the market and come back to my computer. It's not a time zone issue so much as a filter issue.

Also my weekly tasks, that shouldn't be visible unless they are due, were visible anyway.
Joyce

• Joyce
  • Posted: Dec 04, 2012
I have to agree with AA.

I know you guys are working your butts off and I do appreciate it.
Joyce

Posted Dec 04, 2012 in: App filter question
  • Joyce
Well...I found it, I set the filters and when I came back after doing something else for several hours the tasks for tomorrow had already repopulated the screen, now that should happen at midnight, right? So maybe, since that was after 7pm EST does that mean that it reset at midnight Greenich time? Is there a time zone setting?

Coming back to add that I went into my account settings on the web and my time is correct, so I have the proper time zone.

This message was edited Dec 04, 2012.
Joyce

Posted Dec 04, 2012 in: App filter question
  • Joyce
Thank you,

Thank you very much!
Joyce

Posted Dec 03, 2012 in: AACK. New iPhone app awful fonts
  • Joyce
  • Posted: Dec 03, 2012
I know the old software had font size adjustments...hopefully those and a color choice will be in the update...oh and the missing "hide future" filter...please please
Joyce

Posted Dec 03, 2012 in: App filter question
  • Joyce
  • Posted: Dec 03, 2012
So in the prior app I had whole groups of tasks set to repeat daily, I had a filter on it that hid future tasks and so, as I progressed through my day and checked off taks they would disappear from my list, which would get shorter until nothing was left.

Now I can't find that filter. Is it gone? Moved?

I would be happy if they were crossed out like they are on the web, but now the app just pulls up the next days occurrence and, since theirs no distinction it can get confusing and the app makes it look like I haven't done anything.

Disappointing.
Joyce

Score: 4
  • Joyce
  • Posted: Dec 02, 2012
  • Score: 4
I'm so so disappointed...

What's really breaking it for me, and maybe I don't know where to find it, I had the filter set for "hide future" because 90% of my tasks are repeating, daily or weekly. in the old versions I would check off my task and it would disappear from view and my list got shorter. The next morning I would have the list back again. My tasks don't have due dates, they are just daily rolling tasks

So...Now when I check off "Empty dishwasher" it reappears immediately for tomorrow but it's not at all clear that it's for tomorrow. Is that "Hide future" itself hidden somewhere? Please?

The grey is too low contrast, I can get used to it...but without "hide future" I'm stuck. It's broken.
Joyce

Posted Aug 25, 2012 in: 2 accounts on iPhone
  • Joyce
  • Posted: Aug 25, 2012
I would recommend not using TD as a grocery list app. You will have much less frustration if you choose an app that is meant for this purpose. Some like Cozi, which is free, I've been using Paprika, which isn't but I'm using it because Mastercook hasn't been updated in a dog's age and it shows.

Cozi has a browser site and I've also written lists in google docs that I moved to Awesome notes. The lite version of this is free and can hold up to 8 "notes"

As I've said before, I use TD as a household organizer and I have been wrestling with managing my kitchen and groceries for a long time. I suppose you could use a note as your grocery list but I don't know if that would work as an idea because I don't know if anyone else sees your stuff.
Joyce

Posted May 31, 2012 in: Toodledo Redesign - July 2011
Score: -1
  • Joyce
  • Posted: May 31, 2012
  • Score: -1
I'm wondering if the issue around html tags showing up in the mobil app as opposed to just working is any closer to being fixed?

In general it's been a while since an update to the Apple Mobile app was released, I would be happy with a general answer.
Joyce

Posted Apr 30, 2012 in: future for Notebook feature
  • Joyce
  • Posted: Apr 30, 2012
I'm definitely in the "Please give the Notebooks some love" camp. I spent a half an hour formatting a note so it could look good to my "No Smartphones @ work, behind the curve" manager only to find the HTML tags didn't work in my iPhone and my note was a wallotext with formatting tags in it. I want to use the feature like I do AwesomeNotes.

I love love love toodledo
Joyce

• Joyce
  • Posted: Apr 23, 2012
I'm wondering if you are a candidate for Flylady because you're trying to do too much.

To steal a line from an old Peg Bracken book, Flylady is for both the spotful housekeeper who won't start AND the spotless housekeeper who won't STOP.

http://www.Flylady.net Hopefully this will turn into a link.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6      Next