ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by dannyw0011"
dannyw0011

Score: 0
If you're in grid format, you will see a sheet icon amongst other icons to the left of the task description. Click it to enter a note.

If you're in multi-line format, click the right-pointing triangle amongst the other icons to the left of the task description to display the fields. At the end of the fields will be the sheet icon to click and enter a note.
dannyw0011

Posted Aug 25, 2011 in: Seven improvements
rsendra, check out the "optionally on" modifier when selecting a due date to see if this will meet your needs. It will skip a task if it's not marked completed by the due date.
dannyw0011

Under Settings> Tasks> Hide Future Tasks, you have it set to hide?
dannyw0011

What if the dropdown tag selection allowed multiple tag selection and deselection with a single click per tag? Currently, the tag list looks less aesthetically pleasing compared to the newer UI, and when you deselect a tag, you delete it letter-by-letter instead of as an entity unto itself.

Functionality would remain the same, but the look would change and less keystrokes would be needed to deselect a tag.
dannyw0011

After using the new UI (and admiring it), one of the areas that doesn't quite seem to fit in seamlessly is tag selection. I personally have a standard list of tags, only one of which I use for each task.

I had been thinking that it would be better to have the tags in a dropdown checklist box for selection (with tags selected/de-selected with a single click), but it then occurred to me that a user can select more than one tag (unlike how I use tags). Current dropdowns for other fields allow only one selection.

Do other users find the current way of selecting tags sufficient, or would a multi-selection dropdown (with tags selected / de-selected with a single click) work better for them? If a user doesn't have a pre-defined list, a dropdown probably wouldn't work as well.

Just curious how others use and feel about tag selection ...
dannyw0011

Thanks for the recent update so that someone can hit "Enter" from the main screen and bring up the sign-in screen. This is a help; however, what I miss most is being able to enter the password and then hitting "Enter" instead of having to click "Sign In". I guess I'm more keyboard-centric, but it's also faster.

And thanks again for the UI update. It is truly awesome and much more professional looking. The functionality has always been great.
dannyw0011

Posted Aug 02, 2011 in: task notes
Rich text editing for task notes and in the notebook would be most appreciated. That is one area that is still clunky compared to the new UI. Looking forward to its future implementation!
dannyw0011

This happens to me too in Explorer. I much prefer a way to hit enter without having to click "Sign On."
dannyw0011

Posted Jul 27, 2011 in: Multi-line mode
Personally, I have quite a few fields turned on, which in grid format, causes my task description area to become cramped. I use multi-line format so that I have more area for the description and I expand as needed for field details.
dannyw0011

Posted Jul 27, 2011 in: where is total number of tasks?
You have to have "Show Task Counts" turned on under "Account Settings" for the totals to appear.
dannyw0011

Posted Jul 26, 2011 in: Toodledo Redesign - July 2011
Score: 1
One suggestion for the new UI...

In the left pane, below the "view by" section, it would be helpful to better identify which row is selected. The selected row has bold text, but it is still hard to differentiate.
dannyw0011

Posted Jul 26, 2011 in: where is total number of tasks?
It would be helpful, but isn't necessary. Thanks for the detailed explanation.

And, again, I think the new UI is great! You have done a wonderful job.
dannyw0011

Posted Jul 26, 2011 in: where is total number of tasks?
Is there a way to show the number of tasks for saved searches?
dannyw0011

Posted Jul 26, 2011 in: Resize
I believe you have to be in grid format to see the icons, though.
dannyw0011

Posted Jul 26, 2011 in: Lost All My Notes Attached to My ToDo's
Not at this time, but in other threads they say they will look into it. It is a common request with the new UI.
dannyw0011

Posted Jul 26, 2011 in: Lost All My Notes Attached to My ToDo's
Hope you didn't lose them. Notes attached to my tasks are still displaying.
dannyw0011

Posted Jul 26, 2011 in: Toodledo Redesign - July 2011
Score: 1
A much more professional look. Congratulations!

If you're looking for feedback on the UI, I would also suggest the option to freeze the left pane.

And for those who are having problems with having to scroll horizontally, you can go to grid format and edit your column widths which also adjusts the screen width in multi-edit format. This may help some who are experiencing a problem with horizontal scrolling. I know it did me.

But overall, a vast improvement.
dannyw0011

Posted Jul 21, 2011 in: Locations: How do You use Them?
Posted by ScottMNC:
I was using RTM and it would give me an alert when near a location for a task. Toodle has location available on the web app, but I can't find a way to use it on my Android. Anyone know of any Android apps that support the location feature?

Ultimate To-Do List has the locations feature, and it's Android based.
dannyw0011

You can manually sort sub-tasks.

For normal tasks, if you're not using the field for anything else, you could assign a number to a task's tag, and then sort by the tags. Personally, I simply put a number at the front of the tasks description and then sort alphabetically when I'm trying to perform a set of tasks in a specific order.
dannyw0011

Posted Jul 11, 2011 in: Time Budget
I have done that before for one workday to track my time and how it was spent. I broke it down into minutes. It was a huge effort to document the time, but it was an eye-opener. I can't imagine devoting the time to do it for a week. Perhaps if you only have broad categories...

Anyway, I tracked mine in an Excel spreadsheet. You can slice and dice the data however you want.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6      Next