ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by ykphuah"
ykphuah

Posted Jun 07, 2013 in: Outline support in the API?
Score: 0
  • ykphuah
  • Posted: Jun 07, 2013
  • Score: 0
Outline seems like a good mix between tasks and notes. Please add API! :)
ykphuah

Score: 1
  • ykphuah
  • Posted: May 17, 2013
  • Score: 1
Just pushed out version 4.0, now you can view and filter the tasks by Main, Folders, Goals, Locations, Status, Priority. Just like the "View By" feature on toodledo.com.

Support for other "View By" and also "View By" on Notes will be coming soon.

Comments welcomed.
ykphuah

• ykphuah
  • Posted: Apr 14, 2013
Just pushed version 3.1, new features include Locale Plugin for changing the widget's contents. And also a simple feature to share the tasks out via Android.

Because of the new widget implementation, you will need to delete and re-add all the widgets that you have.

Comments welcomed.
ykphuah

• ykphuah
  • Posted: Mar 30, 2013
timk, I have just finished one week of own usage testing for notifications for Due tasks. I have just published version 3.0 to Play Store that includes this feature.

I now use the notification as a "Tickler" system as per GTD, instead of relying on the Widgets.

Will be updating the widget next to support location based contexts (most probably thru a Locale plugin).

Thanks all for your support.
ykphuah

• ykphuah
  • Posted: Feb 14, 2013
Hi Linden, please drop me an email, I have plans to implement Locale plugin and also notifications, however, am gathering requirements currently.
ykphuah

Posted Jan 24, 2013 in: Android app supporting start dates
  • ykphuah
  • Posted: Jan 24, 2013
Posted by mpopke:

I have yet to find a single mobile app for ToodleDo that properly implements the "Future Tasks" filter as it is implemented in the web interface. It's incredibly frustrating. I'm going to give MyToodle a try I think. Even if it's unfinished, it will be miles ahead of the other apps if it just handles start dates properly.

I try to match the sort and show options on the web with MyToodle. Let me know if it doesn't work as you expected it.
ykphuah

• ykphuah
  • Posted: Jan 09, 2013
New version is posted, with Widgets!
ykphuah

Posted Jan 03, 2013 in: Android app supporting start dates
  • ykphuah
  • Posted: Jan 03, 2013
The MyToodle app that I just published last week

https://play.google.com/store/search?q=mytoodle

Supports Start Dates, and the option to show/hide Future Tasks as in the web.

It is still early in the development process, widgets and hotlists feature will be implemented soon.
ykphuah

• ykphuah
  • Posted: Jan 02, 2013
Yeah, it is still in early stage of development, I am actually concentrating on the features that I use daily. Once it have widgets, it will be my daily driver.

If you meant the fields, I have most of the fields implemented, they are just not enabled by default, please go to Menu->Settings->Fields Used to turn them on!

About other toodledo features that you would like to see in the app, please leave me a note here or via email, I will keep track of them in my toodledo. :)

This message was edited Jan 03, 2013.
ykphuah

• ykphuah
  • Posted: Dec 30, 2012
I have searched high and low for an android client, and then waited 1 year to see if anyone created it, but none satisfied my needs so far. They are either with seriously outdated user interface, or they are a todo app that syncs with Toodledo instead of being a Toodledo android client.

I love toodledo and all the features that are on the web, and I wanted an app that gives me the same experience and the same feature sets.

So I created one:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kiwlm.mytoodle

It only supports > ICS, and Widgets are coming on the way, but its my daily driver currently.

Comments and feedbacks welcomed.
ykphuah

Posted Dec 13, 2012 in: due on vs start dates
  • ykphuah
  • Posted: Dec 13, 2012
Thanks! that helped.

Maybe you can just update the help text which reads:
Sometimes a task can only be completed on a specific due date (like a dentist appointment) and being reminded about it ahead of time is unnecessary. You can fix this by setting it to be due "on" the date. The abbreviation for this is an equals sign in front of the date. For example "=2008-01-01". This signifies that this task can only be completed on Jan 1, 2008 and that we shouldn't worry about it until then.

The description sound really a lot like start dates, and there's no reference to this 1 week reminder.
ykphuah

Posted Dec 12, 2012 in: due on vs start dates
  • ykphuah
  • Posted: Dec 12, 2012
I used to be using both start date and due date, setting both to the same date, so this task will not show up normally, lately I was thinking whether I can use just the Due On instead, since according to the description, Due On is for tasks that I don't want to be reminded about, which for me is the same with Start Date.

Is there a specific reason why Due On will still appear if the task is within 7 days in the future even though I have "Show Future Tasks" as off? I would have expected it to behave like Start Date.
ykphuah

• ykphuah
  • Posted: Oct 29, 2012
Thanks! I see it now, mine is set to Auto.

What is the exact sorting criteria for Auto?
ykphuah

• ykphuah
  • Posted: Oct 28, 2012
How does the web interface sorts the items with the same importance?

I see that its NOT:
1. alphabetically by the name
2. last added at the bottom

It is rather consistent though, would like to replicate this in the Android app that I am currently working on.
ykphuah

• ykphuah
  • Posted: Oct 18, 2012
Thanks! "The web wins" will be the default strategy then.
ykphuah

• ykphuah
  • Posted: Oct 18, 2012
I am writing an Android app and would like to know what's the recommended conflict resolution strategy, or what is the behaviour of the iOS version.

Specifically, under such condition:
1. User create a task using Web
2. User syncs the task to the Android phone
3. User disables network on the Android phone
4. User edits the task using Web
5. User edits the task on Android phone
6. User enables network on the Android phone

Which should be the final task? #4 or #5? I was surprised to find out that if I try this with Google Contacts, it will be #4 instead of #5, so Google always take the one that is updated from the Web first, regardless of the modified time.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4