ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by PeterW "
PeterW 

Posted May 04, 2010 in: Lost Data on Sync
Score: 1
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: May 04, 2010
  • Score: 1
You'll probably need to raise a support ticket with Toodledo but in the meantime, go into your Account Settings, scroll to the bottom and click on Account Activity - Recently Deleted Tasks. This will show you if everything has in fact been deleted.
PeterW 

Posted May 04, 2010 in: How do you edit a Task?
Score: 0
  • PeterW 
  • Score: 0
Joe - it sounds like you are using Toodledo in 'Multi-line' format where most fields are hidden until you expand them. You can switch Toodledo to 'Grid' format where all of your active fields are shown. Then it's just a matter of editing any field in place.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
Very nice update! Thanks for adding color, and I really like the way you've implemented search and filters, and the new Note display is excellent.

There are few things that I would like that would tempt me away from Appigo Todo:

1. Make completed Tasks drop to the bottom of the list, and provide an option to let us keep completed tasks in view for 'X' number of days (I only want them there for a day but others may want more).

2. Provide an option to add a colored icon to lists and if possible, provide a way for the user to select the same color for the corresponding tab in Toodledo.com.

3. Parent/Sub-tasks - instead of opening the parent task and then having to tap again to show sub-tasks, show the parent task name at the top of the screen and show all sub-tasks below that.
PeterW 

Posted May 04, 2010 in: Completed tasks keep on showing
  • PeterW 
Hi there,

I'm assuming you are talking about the main Toodledo website and not the iPhone app?

If so, after you check off a task it won't automatically disappear from view. But you don't need to sign-out and back in. Simply refresh your browser page and it will be gone.

I found the Help file page you referred to but am at a loss as to what it actually refers to. There is no 'save changes' button anywhere that I can find (never seen one) so perhaps this relates to an older version of Toodledo.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
Toodledo can do daily repeating tasks but it doesn't have an "end on date..." option. So the task would just keep repeating.

It sounds like what you want could be handled by a repeating calendar entry on your phone with reminder.
PeterW 

Posted May 03, 2010 in: What's up with Remember the Milk?
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: May 03, 2010
Hi Andrew,

That's a very good point. This kind of rigid approach makes a system counter-intuitive to productivity.
PeterW 

Posted May 03, 2010 in: Toodledo for iPhone/iPad 1.6.2
  • PeterW 
Posted by mgg4:
Please add my enthusiastic support for including the "Context" in the iPhone/iPad application. I make heavy use of that to keep my work life and personal life tasks separated. Without that, my list of todos at work is cluttered with all of the household chores I have waiting for me at home.

The Context field is available on the iPhone/iPad software. You just need to enable it - it's turned off by default.
PeterW 

Posted May 03, 2010 in: What's up with Remember the Milk?
  • PeterW 
Posted by CJD:
I concur Toodledo is the most flexible and easy to customize.
I was led away to Nirvana by a gtd guru and found it to be non-functional.

I suspected this might be the case. I tried to sign up to the Nirvana beta to check it out but they seemed quite ham-fisted at the sign-up process (took weeks to respond). After looking at the list of things they have not yet implemented, I realised that it wasn't actually going to cut it for me.
PeterW 

Posted May 02, 2010 in: Problem in multiple sorting ?
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: May 02, 2010
Hi,

I've just tried in Main view - All tasks. I sorted by Due date and then by Priority (third sort = Auto).

It works OK for me.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: May 01, 2010
I think this could work really well. There would be a number of ways of approaching it within Toodledo, e.g. you could have an 'Appointments' folder or if you already use GTD workflow-style folders then perhaps a context or tag to identify appointments (as opposed to tasks) might be better.

I'd love to do this myself (i.e. have a single calendar) but my job enforces use of Outlook/Exchange. Consequently I don't use the Toodledo calendar and drive my workflow through the lists.
PeterW 

Posted May 01, 2010 in: slim page request
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: May 01, 2010
Hi,

FWIW it's there for me in the slim site using FF. Go to "Top", then you should see "Settings" as the bottom option (link). At the settings page, there is a link to toodledo.com.

This message was edited May 01, 2010.
PeterW 

Posted Apr 30, 2010 in: Tags for Notebooks
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Apr 30, 2010
Hi there,

I'd like to be able use Tags to organise my Notebooks.

Currently, Notebooks can only be sorted by Folder. This probably makes sense if the folders are named after areas of focus.

My folders are used for GTD workflow (e.g. Next, Waiting For, Someday, etc) and most of my Notebooks contain reference information, so Tags would work better to help me group them.
PeterW 

Posted Apr 29, 2010 in: Trouble with Firefox Addon
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Apr 29, 2010
Have you double-checked that your login credentials in the add-on match those for the website?
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Apr 27, 2010
Hi Q.P.

Yes, the Toodledo Admin does answer questions in this forum, so you should get a response within a day or two if not sooner.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
@Q.P: The Toodledo Admin will have to answer these questions as I don't use the statistics feature and would only be guessing.

Cheers,
Peter.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
You can't mark a task 'uncompleted' and 'archived' that I am aware of, but you can use a due date modifier to move the uncompleted repeating task forward. From the Help file:

Due Date Modifiers

Optionally on:

You can also designate a task as optional (abbreviated with a "?"). This acts like "=", but if the date passes and you have not completed the task, the task will be automatically removed, or moved forward if it is a repeating task.

Tasks that use a due-date modifier will not show up on your hotlist until they are due (unless they have a high enough priority). If you use a due-date modifier and the task is more than 1 week in the future, it will also be hidden from your other lists unless you turn on the "Show Due in the Future" filter. The exception is that even if you use a due-date modifier, tasks will not be hidden when in the "Due-Date" view, or when using the "Search" view to find future tasks.
PeterW 

Posted Apr 27, 2010 in: New Style - Toodledo Me Too
  • PeterW 
The only other thing I can suggest is to zoom your browser window (Ctrl-). I do that from time to time if I want to see more without scrolling.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Apr 26, 2010
Apologies - I understood you to be asking for a manual sort.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
Yes, it's not so much Toodledo but rather the iPhone wanting to connect to visible wireless networks.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
I've noticed in the past that emails from some Lotus Notes users are formatted within tables when recevied by Outlook. Maybe this is what's happening and Toodle discards this data?
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53      Next