ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Salgud"
Salgud

Score: 0
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Mar 21, 2012
  • Score: 0
I'm still confused as to your expectations here. Do you want TD to make false promises to raise all suggestions on their list, or do you just want them to promise you, falsely or otherwise, to move your suggestions up the list?
Salgud

Posted Mar 21, 2012 in: How to Cancel A Task That is Repeating?
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Mar 21, 2012
Actually, they virtually always confirm when something is on their roadmap, they just don't give dates. And they don't make a hollow promise to move each request higher up the list. Disappointing, I know.
Salgud

Score: -1
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Mar 19, 2012
  • Score: -1
How about - "great idea. we're getting a lot of requests for that feature, and realize it is important to our users so we're moving it up the priority list for our next release"

Great idea! They can promise everyone that their suggestion has been moved up the list. Or did you just mean your suggestions?
Salgud

Posted Mar 15, 2012 in: Addition of tasks via email is slow?
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Mar 15, 2012
I only use this feature occasionally, but when I have, the task was always in my Inbox when I looked in TD.
Salgud

Posted Mar 15, 2012 in: Color Coding Folders
Score: 1
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Mar 15, 2012
  • Score: 1
Even as a left-brained user who loves working with mindmaps, I don't find them useful at all for task management. A task list, is by nature, a list. Linear. I can't imagine, even in my addled left brain, trying to decide what to do next based on a mind map. To me, mindmaps are for complex interrelationships between things, and are useful for better visualizing and understanding those complex relationships. But when it comes time to sit down and do stuff, I'd much rather a list. I might use a mindmap to generate that list, but never to determine what to do next out of all the possibilities. YMMV.
Salgud

Posted Mar 14, 2012 in: ie 9.08 issue Status display
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Mar 14, 2012
Posted by greginfla:
Sorry about that....... there is a correction to my detail. When I open TD, the window is aligned left (scroll bar left). The left column menu choices are visible.

And I can click on any link in the left column menu links and the window stays aligned left, except when I click on status.

When I click on the status link, the screen aligns right and the left column menu is not visible. I have to grabbed the scroll bar and move it left.

Ok. What that means is that you have too many fields activated for all of them to show in the screen width you have. You have a couple of choices.

First, is your browser in full screen mode? If not, try that.

You can deactivate some TD fields if you aren't using them.

You can change the column widths in TD and squeeze some down to show more of them simultaneously. Whether you can do enough of this to solve your problem, only you can tell.

You can increase your screen resolution and reduce the size of everything on your screen so your browser can show more of TD at the same time. Of course, depending on how big of a screen you have and how good your eyesight is, this may or may not work for you.

That's all I can think of. Maybe others will have some other ideas to add.
Salgud

Posted Mar 14, 2012 in: ie 9.08 issue Status display
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Mar 14, 2012
I don't know what "nothing fitting in the screen" means, but I'm seeing my normal view.
Salgud

Posted Mar 13, 2012 in: Proximo's GTD Setup
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Mar 13, 2012
Posted by boguszewicz:
Salgud, that's perfectly ok, there is totally nothing wrong with searching for the perfect GTD tool, if that is really the thing you want to do.

Glad you approve. :)
As I said, I'm not a GTDer, just looking for the Holy Grail of PIMs.

Thing is, there is just too many tools out there and many folks who want to get things done just keep looking for the perfect set of features, going through various crazy overcomplicated setups just to fall off the GTD sooner or letar, not really getting anything done. Instead of moving things forward they keept experimenting with features, looking for the perfect tool.

When you're experimenting with a new tool, you are making an investment. You are investing your time and effort to educate yourself on the new tool, hoping that this will pay off in the future, allowing you to become more productive.

What many people don't realize is the power of GTD's mental side and the power of our minds and habits. You really can get more done using basic tools, given you stick to principles: weekly review, reviewing your lists daily and resisting the temptation to break the rules.

My goal is different than yours, and that's why I'm not a GTDer. My goal is to enjoy what I do as much as possible. For much of my life I pursued the goal of "efficiency" and the endless quest for saving seconds. At some point, I realized that I was wasting more time trying to save the time it takes to reach-for-the-mouse than I could save in a lifetime of not-reaching-for-the-mouse. I waste far more time doing necessary repetitive things and just hanging out than I'll ever waste reaching-for-the-mouse, so I try to apply Pareto's Law and work on saving time where there are large amounts of time to be saved.

So my search for the Holy Grail of task managers is something I enjoy. I've found, and lost, it a few times. I keep hoping there's another one out there. For now, TD works well for what I'm doing at work, and Things works well for my personal projects.

I guess it all sums up to the fact that I've never heard anyone on their deathbed saying, "I wish I had been more efficient", any more than anyone says, "I wish I had spent more time at the office". I'm old enough that I just want to enjoy the time I have left. YMMV.
Salgud

• Salgud
Posted by cj:

and ToodleDo.... yeah yeah yeah, I know ... (in droning corporate voice): "Thanks for the suggestion. We can't comment on a timeframe for implementation..."

Just curious. What is your recommendation that they do instead of their usual statement?
Salgud

Posted Mar 13, 2012 in: Completing/deleting more than one task
  • Salgud
To get rid of the tasks, create a Saved Search that shows only those tasks, then Multi-Edit and delete them.
Salgud

Posted Mar 12, 2012 in: Toodledo Redesign - July 2011
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Mar 12, 2012
Posted by Mike:
2nd Suggestion: How about scrolling the task area and keeping the toolbars, etc. at that top from scrolling. So when you have long list you can scroll to the bottom and still have all the tools, sidebar, etc. available. Like a "freeze panes" in Excel.

It's already there, in your Settings, "Top is fixed and tasks scroll".

This message was edited Mar 12, 2012.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Mar 06, 2012
Posted by samchauvette:
Hej

Is there a way to see a way to see a list that combine the notebook and task list at same time for a given folder?

Thanks

Sam

In a word, no.
Salgud

Posted Mar 05, 2012 in: After reading "The Checklist Manifesto"
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Mar 05, 2012
I hate the idea of dropping $7 on an app that is rock solid

Strange. That's exactly the kind of app I prefer to drop $7 on!
Salgud

Posted Mar 05, 2012 in: Subtasks - what does it buy you?
  • Salgud
Subtasks give another level to your hierarchy, that's all. If you don't need it, you don't need it.

I use folders to separate the different areas that I touch during my day. I have a folder for all the things that I do that are for the division, then folders for a large project I'm involved in, and folders for the various work groups on that project that I do work for. In theory, I could use at least two more levels in the hierarchy, but in reality, it wouldn't add anything except confusion.

As to the subtasks, I have parent tasks for the work groups broken down into more detailed subtasks. For example, I set up meetings for 2 of the work groups on a regular basis. So I have a list of all the things I do to set up a meeting, like setting a date, getting a location, taking minutes, etc, as subtasks (about 16 in my master template, some of which aren't necessary for some meetings).

I also have a parent task called "Weekly Review", which has about 10 subtasks (mostly reviewing other lists of tasks, broken down by contexts and tags)which I do on Monday mornings to prepare for my week.

I also have a Saved Search called "Projects" which filters for parent tasks, which I use to see the status of each of these projects, and to select "Next Actions" for each to go on my Hotlist (not the TD hotlist, my own saved search).

I'm sure others have entirely different schemes using the subtask feature.
Salgud

Posted Mar 05, 2012 in: Update to tags + Notebook timestamps
  • Salgud
Great! This will make using tags MUCH easier. The timestamps will be useful too.
Salgud

Posted Mar 02, 2012 in: Braindead Tip
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Mar 02, 2012
"Braindead" means exactly that, your brain is no longer functioning. Like mine right now at noon on a Friday. I intend to do filing this afternoon, a great braindead task.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Mar 02, 2012
Am curious. I only know of one TD iOS app, the TD app. They have another?
Salgud

Posted Feb 28, 2012 in: Proximo's GTD Setup
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Feb 28, 2012
Posted by boguszewicz:
Over over over over engineering. Thats Proximos setup. Everything is right there in TD, no need for customizatin whatsoever. Simplyfy or begin everlasting journey in search of the perfect gtd tool. Remember, its the mind and weekly reviews that tie it all together, not the features.

What's wrong with an "everlasting journey in search of the perfect gtd tool"? I'm not doing GTD, but I am in search of the perfect task manager. It's a hobby of mine. And customization of TD is both interesting and fun. My favorite all time task manager was really a PIM I built from a very basic relational database, and it did EVERYTHING. Took a while to build, but saved me hours of work for years. To each his own.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Feb 24, 2012
Posted by Toodledo:
Basic search is available on the iPad, and saved searches are still on the to-do list. Saved searches are my personal top request for the iPhone, so I am motivated to get it done, but we have a few things that have higher priority due to their wider appeal.

Our slim website will no longer be getting updated as we transition to m.toodledo.com, which will be getting saved searches in a future update, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Great news, looking forward to it!
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Feb 24, 2012
Ambling over, kicking the horse...
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79   80   81      Next