ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Salgud"
Salgud

Posted Feb 24, 2012 in: Facebook and Twitter Integration
Score: 2
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Feb 24, 2012
  • Score: 2
I'm showing my age again. I can't imagine any of my family or friends wanting to be kept up to date every time I plan a meeting or make a correction to the project website. I guess young people think this is utterly thrilling! Thank God none of my sons are of that ilk.

Just curious. This is an oft requested "feature"?
Salgud

Posted Feb 22, 2012 in: Ideas/philosophies as next 'actions'
Score: 0
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Feb 22, 2012
  • Score: 0
@Disorganized

I don't think the idea of breaking everythign down into smaller parts works with everyone.

Nothing works for everybody, except breathing. I think the vast majority of us do better with a task like "Write Chapter 1" than "Write novel". YMMV.

To me, "Be more organized" is too lofty and remote. That would be a good goal, broken down into a project like "Organize House", which would have tasks like "Organize hall closet" (I probably should add that one now), and so forth. But they'd be attached to that goal of being more organized, and that would serve me well to keep my goal in mind. Not sure about "seeing it at a glance". I can see "Organize hall closet" at a glance, and that it has the goal of "Be more organized" listed in it's Goal. Not sure how it can be more at a glance than that, but that's just how I do things.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Feb 22, 2012
Increase their priority.
Salgud

Posted Feb 17, 2012 in: Ideas/philosophies as next 'actions'
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Feb 17, 2012
@lythink

That's why TD has the Goals field. You can link your tasks to your goals, and be reminded of them every day, if you wish.

As to ongoing tasks, if they're ongoing for a few days, I enter the Start Date and the Due Date and there you are. If they're ongoing for longer periods of time, I try to break them down into bite size chunks (remember the old adage, "How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time). So if I was writing a book, I'd break it down into chapters, then break the chapters down however seemed appropriate to get to a task level of a few days or less.

I'm sure others have totally different approaches.
Salgud

Posted Feb 16, 2012 in: Ideas/philosophies as next 'actions'
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Feb 16, 2012
I don't put things like major life decisions in TD, because I don't tend to forget to do them. If I'm considering changing careers, I don't need to remind myself about it. However, I do need to remind myself to do the research to make that decision, and I always like to have some sort of plan for those kinds of things. That would be in my personal task manager, Things, rather than TD, but it could be done easily in either.

As to regular repetitious tasks, like taking out the garbage and checking for a bike to buy, I'd just make these repeating tasks. "Take out the garbage" would be every other day, based on Completion Date. "Check Buy and Sell for bike" would repeat depending on how often the magazine comes out, probably once a week.
Salgud

Posted Feb 15, 2012 in: Task Dependency Status
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Feb 15, 2012
I gave my answer to your question in your other post on this subject. It's best not to multi-post in these forums, as it mostly created confusion and some won't reply to either if it's multi-posted.
Salgud

Posted Feb 15, 2012 in: Understanding "Status" usage options
  • Salgud
I use "Planning" strictly for templates, parent tasks and subtasks that are used to create frequently done series of tasks. E.g., the steps to set up a meeting, or the ones I use to pull a series of data that are the same each time. By giving them "Planning" status, I can filter them out of my views of "Active" tasks so they don't add clutter.

I use "Active" for any task that I could be doing now or will be doing when another is complete, like in those sequences of subtasks. Unfortunately, I have way more of these than I can do, so I use "Next Action" for tasks that I plan to do soon. For me, it's a filtering process of reducing the total number of tasks I could be working on to prioritize what I'm going to do today.

Of course, others use these in totally different ways, and many choose not to use Status at all. It's why TD is so powerful and takes a while to get your head around.

This message was edited Feb 15, 2012.
Salgud

• Salgud
If you were going to add only 1 additional level, would Sub-folders accomplish the same thing, but with less added complexity to the task interface?
Salgud

Score: -1
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Feb 10, 2012
  • Score: -1
Ok, so shortcuts have to be enabled to have this feature work.
Salgud

Score: -1
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Feb 09, 2012
  • Score: -1
Thank God, at least one of these enhancements, #4, doesn't work. I tried typing "?" in a notebook note, and it just put in a ?, no list of shortcuts. This is a bad idea, since I often put questions in my notes, and want to be able to continue to do so! When you fix it, can you find a better way to see shortcuts, like "Ctrl?" or "Win?"?
Salgud

Posted Feb 07, 2012 in: adding subtasks
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Feb 07, 2012
I suggest select a Sort order or create a Saved Search that puts that task near the top.
Salgud

Posted Feb 07, 2012 in: Looking for a toodledo consultant
  • Salgud
Sorry, Lara, but my phone won't accept that email address. Do you have another? Or you can send to davegbel<who is at>comcast.net
Salgud

Posted Feb 07, 2012 in: Looking for a toodledo consultant
  • Salgud
I'd be happy to help you, Lara. I've been using TD for a year and a half, and it does have a steep learning curve. Let me know if you're interested.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Feb 03, 2012
Did it occur to you to do a forum search for "Omnifocus?
Salgud

Posted Feb 03, 2012 in: own folders for notes
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Feb 03, 2012
The folders for the notes and the tasks are the same. No subfolders either.
Salgud

Score: 1
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Feb 02, 2012
  • Score: 1
Just curious, what is "earliest due date"?
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Feb 01, 2012
Maybe it's not a common sense issue, maybe he's ESL.
Salgud

• Salgud
Don't know why you posted here- this is a forum for a task management software, not about building computers. You might Google for that.
Salgud

Posted Feb 01, 2012 in: Sorting tags
  • Salgud
Tags can't be sorted other than by the default order, which is frequency of use.
Salgud

Posted Feb 01, 2012 in: More features for Pro accounts
  • Salgud
For me, if it was worth my $15 last year, it's worth it this year, as is. It still is saving me a lot of time and aggravation. That doesn't mean I don't want to see new features, and, in fact, we just got one, but it's very useful to me as is.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79   80   81      Next