ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by PeterW "
PeterW 

Posted Apr 14, 2010 in: How many open projects?
Score: 1
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Apr 14, 2010
  • Score: 1
I use my Someday list for anything that is not happening soon or has a fixed deadline.

So my way of handling this would be to put a task with sub-tasks into Someday and keep them out of my project list until I really can schedule the work.

E.g:
Task = Peaceful Liveable Home
Sub-task = Fix up Kitchen
Sub-task = Remodel Bathroom
etc...

Each sub-task would contain bullet points in the notes field representing the steps to be taken.

When I am ready to tackle one of the sub-tasks, I would turn it into a parent task in my Project folder and the bullet points would become sub-tasks that get checked off when done.

This way I would only be looking at one project at a time.

This message was edited Apr 14, 2010.
PeterW 

Posted Apr 14, 2010 in: Sync between Toodledo and 2Do on iphone
Score: 0
  • PeterW 
  • Score: 0
I haven't tried 2do but my understanding is that it would work like all other iPhone apps that sync with Toodledo, that is via the API. So Toodledo itself is not doing the syncing, the 2do app is. Which means that their sync code is probably not working correctly.
PeterW 

Posted Apr 14, 2010 in: Toodledo for iPhone/iPad 1.6.2
  • PeterW 
...and changed the sync progress bar position and size.
PeterW 

Posted Apr 13, 2010 in: Requesting access to my email addresses
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Apr 13, 2010
Posted by neil.percival:
The toodledo Windows app on my PC is doing something differently since I got back to work after 2 weeks away over Easter. Every time it runs a sync with my outlook Exchange server, a warning pops up in Outlook saying an application is requesting access to my email addresses. Why is it doing this now and not before? and why does Toodledo need access to email addresses at all? Thanks for your help with this! Neil

I think you will find that this is the 3rd party sync tool from Chromatic Dragon, not Toodledo. Toodledo is a web app and doesn't talk directly with Outlook.

The developer of this sync tool may be able to help:
http://www.chromadrake.com/ChromaticDragon/software/ToodledoSyncInfo.aspx
PeterW 

Posted Apr 13, 2010 in: Drop down issue in chrome
  • PeterW 
Posted by Qrystal:
Chrome is working fine for me too (v 5.0.32.8).

My version of Chrome (v4.1...) reports itself as being up to date. Is v5.x a beta?
PeterW 

• PeterW 
I use tags to separate business from personal tasks. I prefer to keep contexts for location-based filtering.
PeterW 

Posted Apr 12, 2010 in: New Style - Toodledo Me Too
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Apr 12, 2010
@mccotter - just wanted to say again that this is a very cool theme. It makes Toodledo look really good.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Apr 12, 2010
Posted by Claudio:
Sorry, I should have said: "After Anders stopped being a Volunteer Moderator".

As far as I can tell, he hasn't posted since November 2009.

I thought that I hadn't seen him around in a while!

I'd also be prepared to at least delete spam threads when I'm on the forums (which is usually every day) if Jake was able to provide this level of access.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Apr 10, 2010
I didn't realize Anders had left.
PeterW 

Posted Apr 10, 2010 in: Proximo's GTD Setup
Score: -1
  • PeterW 
  • Score: -1
Posted by rchernoff:
Edit: Oops just saw the post from a couple days ago regarding this. But I thought Proximo said that he did this setup so that he could use indented and not have to switch to flattened?

How do people sort the various views?

At first I tried using Toodledo with set preferences, but now I change my views frequently... both in terms of View by (e.g. folder, context and due date are my favourites) and I also switch between having sub-tasks hidden, indented and flattened.

I've found that switching it around frequently helps avoid "fatigue", i.e. where using the system the same way all the time leads to me not actually seeing stuff that's right in front of my eyes.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
I guess the idea is OK, just not something I need. I like to just throw stuff into the Inbox (No Folder) as quickly as possible and then review later, when I file it accordingly.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
Perhaps you just need to enlist a few volunteer moderators to do this stuff for you.
PeterW 

Posted Apr 09, 2010 in: Appigo Todo now better for GTD
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Apr 09, 2010
Posted by rchernoff:
From what I can tell, ToDo must be opened to update the badge whereas Toodledo will automatically update it. Do you find this to be a problem for you?

Yes, that's correct but I don't find it a problem. I just open it and sync when it's convenient. Note that the badge count in Toodledo doesn't mean that the tasks are actually on the device so you'd have to sync anyway.

Posted by rchernoff:
I've looked at Proximo's GTD setup and wanted to make sure that works well with ToDo as far as syncing. It does from what I can tell, but I just wanted to confirm.

Works well for me. The only issue for me is that Inbox on Todo = No Folder on Toodledo but that's just a name so no big deal.

Posted by rchernoff:
Does using ToDo muddle up the view on the webapp?

Not at all - the sync works perfectly so nothing is altered. In fact if you change folder names or context on either end, the other is updated perfectly.
PeterW 

Posted Apr 09, 2010 in: Taska iPhone app is very good
Score: -1
  • PeterW 
  • Score: -1
Many thanks for the detailed response. I may well try it out.
PeterW 

Posted Apr 09, 2010 in: A tip, an issue, and a feature request
  • PeterW 
Some users (me for one) use Appigo Todo on the iPhone and sync it with the Toodledo website. Appigo Todo has a dedicated Inbox folder so if I create an Inbox folder on Toodledo, I then have two Inboxes on the iPhone in Appigo Todo - not good.
PeterW 

Posted Apr 09, 2010 in: Email Tasks
  • PeterW 
Have a look in your Account Settings. You can set Toodledo to email your Hotlist to you every day.
PeterW 

Posted Apr 09, 2010 in: Tasks in iPhone app not erasing?
  • PeterW 
This is one area where I struggle with the Toodledo iPhone app.

I like Appigo Todo's approach better. A second or two after a task is checked off, it drops to the bottom of the list so you can still see it if need be. And there is a setting to determine how long it will stay visible (e.g. 1 day, 2 days, etc).

Would be great if Toodledo considered this.
PeterW 

Posted Apr 09, 2010 in: Hi everyone!
  • PeterW 
Welcome!
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Apr 08, 2010
Not sure about that one. While I have the Toodledo iPhone app on my handset, I don't use it daily. I prefer Appigo Todo at this point in time because it just fits my workflow better and in my opinion combines power with ease of use in a simple interface.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Apr 08, 2010
You'll find that by default, quite a few features are turned off in the Toodledo iPhone app. Another worthwhile one to turn on is the List Dividers (under General settings).
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53      Next