ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Purveyor"
Purveyor

Posted Dec 02, 2010 in: location alerts
Score: 0
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Dec 02, 2010
  • Score: 0
Just curious, though, how is this feature going to save you time?
Purveyor

• Purveyor
Hmmm ... you're right.

But there's no "Get Alerts" switch.

Seems to me that the Help info in the iPhone app is ahead of what's actually been implemented in the app. Unless both of us are missing something ...

BTW, I couldn't find any documentation about Locations in the website Help.

This message was edited Dec 02, 2010.
Purveyor

• Purveyor
I don't use the Notebook, and yet there's an icon for the Notebook at the bottom of the screen in the Toodledo iPhone app. I can think of many choices that I would prefer for that prime screen location:
1. Hotlist
2. Starred items
3. Next Actions
4. Contexts
5. Recent items
6. Orientation lock

I'm sure that there other choices that some users would prefer over Notebook.

How about allowing the user to specify what shows up in the taskbar?

This message was edited Dec 02, 2010.
Purveyor

• Purveyor
Location alerts?
Do you mean that you want your iPhone to alert you when you go to a location that has an active task?
Toodledo does not have this feature.

Alerts in Toodledo are based on the time interval that you specify before the Due Time.
Purveyor

Posted Dec 01, 2010 in: Pocket Informant ?
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Dec 01, 2010
Best to directly contact the makers of Pocket Informant or post on their discussion board.

Also, this thread should have been started in the Third-party applications forum.

I don't use Pocket Informant but I can tell you that I will not use any iPhone/iPad application to store vital information unless I'm absolutely convinced that the sync will be flawless. The only app that I've found that syncs perfectly with Toodledo is the official Toodledo app.

This message was edited Dec 01, 2010.
Purveyor

Posted Dec 01, 2010 in: iPod Touch / iPhone App
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Dec 01, 2010
Never mind.

This message was edited Dec 01, 2010.
Purveyor

Posted Nov 29, 2010 in: Nested subtasks !
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Nov 29, 2010
@Henrik, if you are using a Mac, there's OmniFocus which has hierarchical Contexts and I think that it has hierarchical tasks.

If you mean "desktop" vs "mobile", MLO has just submitted their iPhone app for review by Apple.

If you mean you want something that is web-based, Toodledo is the best online personal task manager currently available.

This message was edited Nov 29, 2010.
Purveyor

• Purveyor
  • Posted: Nov 27, 2010
In a task list, I can "Sort by" various fields.

What is the logic of the order of choices?
Importance
Folder
Context
Distance
Due Date
Repeat
Length
Timer
Priority
Star
Tag
Status
Task/Subtask
Alphabetical
Date Added
Date Modified
Date Completed

How about having the choices listed alphabetically, similar to how it is on the iPhone app?

Also, any chance of having the sort order saved for each Tab rather than just for each View?
Purveyor

• Purveyor
  • Posted: Nov 27, 2010
Posted by Toodledo:
We do not have any immediate plans to make multi-levels of subtasks.
From Nested subtasks.
Purveyor

Posted Nov 20, 2010 in: Set due date on a link task
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Nov 20, 2010
Would be nice, yes, but not possible with Toodledo.
Task due-dates cannot be linked.
Purveyor

Posted Nov 19, 2010 in: Task dependencies?
Score: 1
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Nov 19, 2010
  • Score: 1
Posted by SRhyse:
It's pretty much Toodledo with an infinitely hierarchical outline view added on that a sorted/filtered/grouped todo list view is generated from, along with project management features like dependency.
MyLifeOrganized is pretty much like Toodledo in the same way that a Pontiac Aztek is pretty much like a Porsche Cayenne Turbo S. ;)

Problem is that it has taken them over two years to come up with an iPhone version, and it's anybody's guess how good it will be when it does become available.

This message was edited Nov 19, 2010.
Purveyor

• Purveyor
  • Posted: Nov 17, 2010
Go to Settings, Fields & Defaults, tap on Reorder and drag Location up from "Unused Fields" to "Fields Used" by touching and holding the three-line icon at the far right. Then tap Done.

The Location field will show up in your tasks.
You'll see Locations on the main Toodledo screen, and you'll be able to filter by Location.

Doesn't matter whether you have a 3G, 3GS, or 4G.
Purveyor

Posted Nov 17, 2010 in: Linking Locations and Contexts?
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Nov 17, 2010
Contexts are broader than Locations.
Not all Contexts have a specific geographical location.

Currently, any task list can easily be filtered by Context but not by Location.

Given that someone is using Contexts to filter tasks and is using Locations to identify what is close by, it makes sense to be able to assign locations to some Contexts.
Purveyor

Posted Nov 12, 2010 in: Online Calendar
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Nov 12, 2010
What specifically do you not like about Google Calendar? What is missing?

I am currently using Google Calendar and I'm quite happy with it, but I've checked out Zoho:
http://www.zoho.com/calendar/features.html

It syncs with Outlook and can be accessed directly in the iPod/iPhone Calendar.
Purveyor

• Purveyor
Posted by Technocrap:
I preferred much better you first post, !!!
It addressed more than just the iPhone app.
Purveyor

Score: 1
  • Purveyor
  • Score: 1
The Toodledo iPhone app was introduced on Oct 07, 2008, and still does not support "collaboration".

This message was edited Nov 12, 2010.
Purveyor

Posted Nov 04, 2010 in: Notification for repeating tasks
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Nov 04, 2010
Reminders are based on the Due Date and there's no provision in Toodledo for setting a reminder after the Due Date.

BTW, at what time would you want the notification to occur and would it be for all overdue tasks or just a few?

Not clear how this function would be useful.
Purveyor

Posted Nov 01, 2010 in: iPhone Reminders
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Nov 01, 2010
Reminders are "pushed" to your iPhone from the Toodledo website. This means that if you create a reminder on your iPhone, you'll have to Sync first for that reminder to work. If you create the reminder on the website, then it should always work, as long as your iPhone has access to cell service or WiFi.

Here's the info: http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=85
And the original announcement:
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/1/2339/0/toodledos-iphone-app-has-been-updated.html

The latest version of the iPhone operating system allows multi-tasking (on iPhone 3GS and 4), which means that eventually push notifications will not be required if your iPhone supports multi-tasking and Toodledo offers local alarms.

Here's a post that addresses the issue:
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/6661/-35013/ios4-and-iphone-native-alarms.html
Purveyor

Posted Oct 30, 2010 in: Booklets
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 30, 2010
Hmmm ... that's interesting.
It used to be on the left menu but now you have to go to Tools & Services and then Printable Booklets: http://www.toodledo.com/booklet.php
Purveyor

Posted Oct 29, 2010 in: How Do You Handle Birthdays?
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 29, 2010
Posted by mat_rhein:
To my opinion birthdays are nothing to be used with Toodledo- You’d need to have a task per person repeating every year which, quite frankly, would clutter up your lists...

I organized birthdays with my calendar.
Hmmm ... I disagree with both points:
1. Not putting birthdays in Toodledo.
2. Putting birthdays in a calendar.

First, #2: I use my calendar for appointments, i.e. things that happen on a specific day at a specific time. If I put "Tom's birthday" in my calendar, what does that mean? Am I buying him a present on that day at a particular time? Am I sending him a birthday wish by email, or a birthday card by mail on that day? Am I meeting with him for a drink at a particular time? Am I arranging a birthday party that day? Usually, those tasks aren't so date-and-time specific. But, if there is something that I need to do, then it's a task. If I just need to show up at the party, then it's just an appointment. Unless I need to first buy a bottle of wine ...

So, #1: If it's a task, it goes in Toodledo.

I think that most people use a calendar to track birthdays because we've always had calendars but we haven't always had a task list that allows us to track tasks that repeat every year.

This message was edited Oct 29, 2010.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45      Next