ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by PeterW "
PeterW 

Posted Apr 07, 2010 in: New Style - Toodledo Me Too
Score: 0
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Apr 07, 2010
  • Score: 0
That's a great style - well done. And I like your colour choices!
PeterW 

• PeterW 
Go into your Account Settings and edit the New Task Defaults. While the checkbox field is not there, if you set the default reminder field (whatever number of minutes you want), when creating a new task the checkbox will be set.
PeterW 

Posted Apr 07, 2010 in: Tags and Dividers
  • PeterW 
Posted by pedroT:
I just purchased the iPhone version of Toodledo. Cannot figure out how to turn on Tags and Dividers. Are those available on iPhone or is it only for desktop?

Hi Pedro.

Both of these options can be turned on via Settings.

The List Dividers option is located in the Settings-General page.
The Tags option is located in the Settings-Fields and Defaults page.

To use Tags, tap the "Reorder" button at the top of the Fields and Defaults page, scroll to the Unused list of fields at the bottom, then drag the Tags field up to the "Fields Used" section at the top of the page (use the 3-bar icon to hold and drag).
PeterW 

Posted Apr 06, 2010 in: Taska iPhone app is very good
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Apr 06, 2010
Thanks again for posting info about this app.

Can you tell me what the distinction is between Next and Action lists? I thought they would be the same thing.

EDIT: Another question... I just looked at the screenshots on the Bitalpha website. Does the app have list dividers by date? Toodledo just added this and Todo has always had them, and I find them absolutely necessary to make my brain digest what it's looking at!

This message was edited Apr 06, 2010.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Apr 05, 2010
Don't think it's possible at present but perhaps you could set up a rule within GMail to auto-forward that email to work (or vice versa).
PeterW 

Posted Apr 05, 2010 in: Drop down issue in chrome
  • PeterW 
Chrome is working fine for me... v.4.1.249.1045 (42898).
PeterW 

Posted Apr 05, 2010 in: Problem with long/recurring tasks
  • PeterW 
Perhaps you need to treat your study/professional development as a "project" rather than as a repeating task?

For example, create a project to study a certain subject (area of focus) and then have sub-tasks representing specific milestones, for example they may be chapters in a book, sub-topics, or something that can be checked off as complete before you start on the next "section" of study.

You could achieve the same by making the area of focus a folder in Toodledo and then have tasks (and optionally sub-tasks) within that folder to provide you with additional depth.

This avoids the repetition you are seeing with a non-specific task that keeps coming back, and you get to see your progress too.

Ultimately, you need to make your next actions specific rather so you know exactly what needs to be done. If they are too nebulous you won't know what to do and they won't get done.
PeterW 

Posted Apr 04, 2010 in: Message header
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Apr 04, 2010
Posted by tecknoes:
Is there any way to alter the header "Importance Level 8" etc to the date?

If your sort any view so that date is the first criteria, the headers (separators) will display headings such as "Due Tomorrow", etc.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Apr 03, 2010
For the uninitiated, can you please let us know how to use your script? I've downloaded it but don't know what to do with it. I visited the page you linked but it's difficult to see what I am meant to install to use your script.

Thanks.

EDIT: Hmmm... just looked at an MS page about Powershell and it looks like quite a bit of work to run scripts. I might not have the time to do this.

This message was edited Apr 03, 2010.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Apr 01, 2010
And the new dividers feature for the Toodledo app are a massive improvement in my opinion. This really helps make the views so much more usable. Thanks Toodledo!

Next thing I'd like to see is a bit more colour in the app.
PeterW 

Posted Apr 01, 2010 in: I lost Toodledo for a while today
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Apr 01, 2010
Hey there,

I wasn't able to get onto Toodledo for about 45 minutes this afternoon (Thu 1st April approx 2:30pm Australian Eastern time). Everything else was working for me on the internet. Were you down?
PeterW 

Posted Mar 30, 2010 in: How do I re-order my list manually?
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Mar 30, 2010
...and one other thing. If you're using an iPhone, Appigo Todo (which syncs with Toodledo) allows you to manually sort tasks. So perhaps you could use it as your main interface.
PeterW 

Posted Mar 30, 2010 in: How do I re-order my list manually?
  • PeterW 
Don't forget that you can use the start date to hide future tasks. So while you can't manually sort, you can at least restrict your view of tasks to just the immediate next few things you will be working on.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
Although none of us know what the "higher priorities" are or where any specific request we've made sits on the todo list.
PeterW 

Posted Mar 30, 2010 in: what do you all do for timetracking
  • PeterW 
I've tried ClockedIn and TimeLines on the iPhone. Both work quite well.
PeterW 

Posted Mar 30, 2010 in: Seriously, How About That Design?
  • PeterW 
Funny... I had more of a problem with the name "Remember the Milk". RTM sounds like a shopping list solution rather than something one would use for professional task management.

I don't like the sound of Nozbe (no clue why but I just don't like the sound of it) and as far as I am concerned, Nirvana is a band.

Toodledo has the best name of those three although I agree that it sounds a bit too cute compared with OmniFocus or just plain Todo (by Appigo).
PeterW 

Posted Mar 29, 2010 in: csv format
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Mar 29, 2010
Posted by philruff:
BTW, I am new to toodledo, but so far, it rocks!

Indeed it does. I've been using Toodledo for about 6 months now and have found it to be both extremely reliable and flexible. It has helped my productivity enormously.

I've just encouraged my teenage daughter to open a Toodledo account. She has started uni and is struggling with all the assignments that are due. Toodledo will help her see the big picture on what's due when and how to tackle it all.
PeterW 

Posted Mar 26, 2010 in: How many open projects?
Score: 1
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Mar 26, 2010
  • Score: 1
Posted by jodowick:
I'm wondering if any of you have a particular philosophy or method for limiting the number of projects, maybe by area of focus in your life or something? Many of my projects are just things that I WANT to get done so I could shorten my active projects list. But, on the other hand, I'm not sure if less options on my next actions list would be good or not. I feel like it would be good.

My method is to use a combination of folders, contexts, tags, start dates (to hide some tasks) and due dates so that I can filter my list down to a smaller more manageable size. I then have a list tuned towards my current context/frame of mind/energy level, etc. So I rarely look at all tasks.

And I frequently flick between views (e.g. view by folder/context/tag/due date) to give me a different perspective on everything. I find that if I always use the same view, I tend to lose sight of certain tasks that may have been on the list for a while.

This message was edited Mar 26, 2010.
PeterW 

Posted Mar 26, 2010 in: How to sync with iPhone
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Mar 26, 2010
Posted by trozanpal:
I just got Toodledo (free version) loaded on my computer. I wanted to also get it loaded on my new iPhone so I can start playing around and getting familiarized with how it works. However, there is no free or lite or trial version that I can find for the iPhone.
1. how do I get a trial version?
2. how do I get the iPhone and desktop synced? (Sorry I'm such a noob at this!)

Hi there,

There is no trial or lite version of the iPhone app, so you will have to buy it if you want to use it.

As for getting the two syncing, you simply enter your Toodledo website credentials into the iPhone app (Settings - Synchronization - Modify Account Login) and then tap the sync button (either in the Sync Settings screen or on the home screen).

This message was edited Mar 26, 2010.
PeterW 

Posted Mar 25, 2010 in: Placing a bounty on feature requests
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Mar 25, 2010
Hi Transisto,

I just don't see it the way you do. While there are some enhancements that I'd like to see (e.g. a UI upgrade, ability to rename No Folder to Inbox), for the most part I am a very happy Toodledo-er. It does about 99% of what I want it to and very reliably. And it has a great user community.

I've been a user for approx 6 months and in that time there have been frequent updates and enhancements, and I've found the Admin to be quite responsive.

The canned answer we get to requests is necessary. I've been a member of another forum (it was WM productivity software) where the developer made promises about the timing of upcoming releases and what features/fixes would be included in them. When these were not met, he was severely mauled by angry forum members and hounded until they felt satisfied. In many cases there were good reasons for missing the date (e.g. bugs needed to be ironed out) but that didn't seem to matter to those who behaved in a very childish and bitter manner.

In reality, priorities change and many factors can make it difficult for a smaller developer to accurately schedule releases and updates. Having a canned response like this is necessary to avoid noisy and angry users from feeling they have lost what they feel they are entitled to.

My opinion is that you should decide if the current released version of software (in this case in the cloud) does what you need it to and if so, use it and be happy. Sure, ask for enhancements but don't beat up the developer if you don't get what you want. If you find that the feature set is just not working for you over a period of time, and that the enhancements you need are not forthcoming quickly enough, move on to something else that suits you better.

You are correct in that competition will force change. As more solutions become available, Toodledo like any other company will need to remain competitive and this may drive certain enhancements.

Anyway - my suggestion is "be happy".
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53      Next