Search results for "Posted by PeterW "
PeterW 

Posted Mar 25, 2010 in: Few questions on pro account
Score: 0
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Mar 25, 2010
  • Score: 0
Posted by Linh:
4) The website interface is not that great. I just enjoy looking at the minimalist and elegant interfaces of RTM and ToDoist. I still chose to use Toodledo because of the features and the generous free version. I had originally typed up a request for an interface overhaul and see that others have asked for the same. So here’s another voice for this request.
Thanks Toodledo!

While we all wait for UI enhancements, check out some of the user-created scripts that can be used in Firefox with the Stylish plug-in. They make a big difference to the UI.
PeterW 

Posted Mar 25, 2010 in: Placing a bounty on feature requests
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Mar 25, 2010
Posted by lite1:
Personally I'd hope that if this were implemented in any way that there would be significant restraints that TD would impose.

I agree with you lite1. I don't think I'd be entirely comfortable with indidviduals driving enhancements by paying for them.
PeterW 

Posted Mar 24, 2010 in: Personalizing Alarms in Toodledo Pro?
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Mar 24, 2010
Posted by russleffnyc:
Also, I would like to add that I think it is very shady of Toodledo to charge only $3 for their app but then when you go to their site you find out that there are additional annual fees to use advances features. That should either be built in to the price or you should be advised of that when you buy the app!

I'm not sure where you got these numbers from... I paid one very reasonable annual fee to be a "pro subscriber" and never saw any misleading information anywhere.

Posted by russleffnyc:
And also, where is a "contact us" or "email Toodledo" link on this website? Do they not want to hear from their customers? What is that about???

On the contrary, Toodledo is very responsive to its customers through email, support tickets and via this forum. You will find recent threads testifying to this fact. Please browse the forum and you will see. To answer your specific question, simply click on "Help & News" on the left-hand-side menu bar and when the page displays, click on "Contact Us".
PeterW 

Posted Mar 22, 2010 in: torn RTM vs Toodledo: want offline
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Mar 22, 2010
If you have an iPhone, you can use Toodledo's iPhone app or the one I use, Appigo Todo. You can then enter tasks/ideas wherever you are and sync them wirelessly, either immediately or whenever convenient.
PeterW 

Posted Mar 21, 2010 in: Behaviour of URL's in Notes field
Score: 1
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Mar 21, 2010
  • Score: 1
Hi there,

Just a small issue that I find annoying. When I click on a URL in the Notes field of a Task, the website is opened in the same instance (i.e. tab) of the browser (whether it be IE, FireFox or Chrome).

It would be better if that link was opened in a new Tab of the browser so that Toodledo is left open in its own tab.

Regards,
Peter.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Mar 19, 2010
Hi,

There's no "postpone" feature as such but I achieve this by using the 'start date' field.

Simply give the task a start date (i.e. when you want it to appear), and make the due date the same or some date after the start date, and ensure that 'Hide future tasks' is set on the Filters toolbar.

The task will now be hidden until the start date.
PeterW 

Posted Mar 19, 2010 in: Good Bye from Proximo
  • PeterW 
Hey Proximo,

I'm sad you're leaving Toodledo. I've also benefitted greatly from your setup and your general GTD guidance.

Are you able to tell us what system you're moving to for GTD? I'm always on the lookout for system improvement.

Thanks,
Peter.
PeterW 

Posted Mar 19, 2010 in: A tip, an issue, and a feature request
  • PeterW 
Posted by Levi Wallach:
Peter, it's a hack, but the script that I link to above at least fixes this in Firefox...

Thanks Levi - I will take a look at it this weekend.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
Posted by derkarts:
That would be great. I am grinding my teeth everyday about the difference in support between WM and iPhone...

Guess i'll just need some patience..

I was the same... used WM platform for a number of years and also used PI for a while. I switched to iPhone last year - best decision ever.
PeterW 

Posted Mar 18, 2010 in: A tip, an issue, and a feature request
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Mar 18, 2010
I've asked elsewhere in other threads but will say it again... I also want to rename No Folder to Inbox.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
Hi there,

Take a look at Proximo's GTD setup in the GTD section of the forum. I believe it is a pretty good setup for doing GTD in Toodledo without getting overly complex. Many of us have implemented Toodledo this way (with our own slant of course) and for me, it's worked well.

The thread is here:
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/5/2660/0/proximos-gtd-setup.html
PeterW 

Posted Mar 18, 2010 in: Tasks being duplicated in Outlook
  • PeterW 
Posted by cameron.melanie:
Hi

I thought that 3rd party applications was that. Which forum do I need to contact for Support?

Hi Cam,

For a problem like this I'm guessing that you may need to contact the developer as he does not frequent the forums here. Other users may be able to chip in with some advice.
PeterW 

Posted Mar 17, 2010 in: Tasks being duplicated in Outlook
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Mar 17, 2010
It won't be Toodledo that is causing the problem. You will need to contact the developer of the Outlook Sync tool for support.
PeterW 

Posted Mar 16, 2010 in: Grid view script
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Mar 16, 2010
And BTW once you've installed Stylish, you can download a number of styles from the link I provided. Simly click the Stylish icon in the lower right corner of your browser window and a menu will pop up.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
Posted by gboheman:
That was it. So Installed the Add-on but where do I switch to the grid view style?

Go into Account Settings... in the second box, the 5th option down is "Show tasks as:". Change this to "Grid".

Once you've done that, you might also want to customize the grid view. On the right hand side of the toolbar in the main view, there are two buttons to help you do this (with the label "Customize" alongside). The first is for selecting/deselecting the fields/columns to be displayed, while the second is for determining the order and width of each field/column.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
If you are talking about scripts to use with the Stylish add-on for FireFox, they are located here:
http://userstyles.org/styles/browse/toodledo.com
PeterW 

Posted Mar 16, 2010 in: Links in Emails not working
  • PeterW 
Wolfgang - urls should work in the notes field of Toodledo. Here is what it looks like for me:

This message was edited Mar 16, 2010.
PeterW 

Posted Mar 16, 2010 in: Slow Website, yet again
  • PeterW 
I haven't experienced this recently - seems to be working fine for me.
PeterW 

Posted Mar 16, 2010 in: Change Completed Date?
  • PeterW 
I've asked for this in another thread a month or two ago so would like to register my need for it here too.
PeterW 

Posted Mar 16, 2010 in: Links in Emails not working
  • PeterW 
Posted by wolfgang:
This is sad and makes me use other task tools for this purpose. :-/

I send emails to Toodledo all the time, and if there is a link in the body of the email it ends up in the notes field and is easily clickable from there. If you want one-click access, simply toggle the notes field so they are all expanded and therefore the links will be visible.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53      Next