M$ Project does that.
Salgud

Posted Dec 21, 2011 in: Customizing Status
Score: 0
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Dec 21, 2011
  • Score: 0
@PeterW

I don't have time to hunt down his recent comment that the forums are important inputs, but, wouldn't you agree that there is a difference between saying, "What you read in the forums shouldn't be used as a general barometer" and "the forums don't influence our decisions"?
Salgud

Posted Dec 21, 2011 in: how to open a task
  • Salgud
Just to the right of the Sort icons, you'll see a little page icon, which toggles Notes open and closed.
Salgud

Posted Dec 21, 2011 in: Customizing Status
  • Salgud
Posted by PeterW:
Posted by Salgud:
You're right, we don't define it. But we have considerable influence over that list, both according to TD and by observation.

I don't think that's correct Salgud. I've seen posts from Jake that make it quite clear that he considers this forum unrepresentative of the user base and therefore he gives little weight to the requests made here. He works on the things he wants to work on.

My experience is that what gets clamored for here gets into the software sooner. I haven't seen Jeff make such a statement as you're saying, in fact, not too long ago, he posted that these forums have a significant influence over what gets done. Of course, there are other factors as well.
Salgud

Posted Dec 20, 2011 in: Customizing Status
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Dec 20, 2011
You're right, we don't define it. But we have considerable influence over that list, both according to TD and by observation. Which makes perfect sense to me. As end users, we only care about our own needs, while TD has to consider the competition, market issues, timing, profits and so on. Based on these, and other considerations, the management of TD decides it.
Salgud

Posted Dec 20, 2011 in: Auto Sort Criteria
  • Salgud
Just from a quick glance, I'm guessing that "Auto" is by Date Added.
Salgud

Posted Dec 20, 2011 in: Customizing Status
  • Salgud
Customizing the Status is on "the list".
Salgud

Posted Dec 19, 2011 in: Clone task & subtasks
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Dec 19, 2011
If you do search in the Help page for "Templates", you'll find your answer.

Basically, you can click on the gray circle with the arrow in it to the left of the Notes icon, you'll see the option to "Clone Task". Do this with a parent Task, and it will clone it and all it's subtasks.
Salgud

Posted Dec 19, 2011 in: Workflow for Archiving things
  • Salgud
I have a reminder it TD to back it up every week. It's pretty easy now to back it up completely.
Salgud

Posted Dec 19, 2011 in: Subtask -
  • Salgud
Click on the "Show" button, just to the left of the "Quick Add Task" box, and under Subtasks, select "Indented".
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Dec 15, 2011
No. The only options are for triple clicking (the only use that has user controlled options) at this time are:

Toggle VoiceOver
Toggle White on Black
Toggle Zoom
Toggle Assistive Touch
Ask (menu to choose from above list)

Of course, if you jb, you can do most anything.
Salgud

Posted Dec 13, 2011 in: future for Notebook feature
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Dec 13, 2011
@eykanal

I think "shoddy" is a bit strong. You have a point with the "high visibility" part. No doubt, the Notebook feature could use some help as you've stated. From what I've read here, this is not as high a priority as some of the more requested features dealing with the task management part of the software. If I remember right, which I don't always do, they're working on integrating EN and TD more than on enhancing TD's notebook feature. For those of us who already use EN, this would be great. When it happens, will it negate the need to enhance TD's Notebook? Will they continue to work on it? Will they remove it entirely? No one outside TD knows. Personally, I like having both, because I use them for different purposes.
Salgud

Posted Dec 13, 2011 in: Chrome Web Store
  • Salgud
That list isn't published or available, because TD management wants to stay in business a while longer. :)
Salgud

Posted Dec 13, 2011 in: Main Toodledo webpage loads very slowly
Score: -1
  • Salgud
  • Score: -1
I have a similar problem with my 10,000 task list. Damn TD is just too slow! And I'll be adding another couple of thousand tasks soon, since 10,000 isn't nearly enough. Can you speed this up a bit?
Salgud

Posted Dec 13, 2011 in: future for Notebook feature
  • Salgud
I think I heard somewhere that they "don't comment on timelines". ;-)
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Dec 12, 2011
Siri is great for this. I was driving to an event my grandchildren were in Friday night, listening to some nice mellow music (traffic was horrible in spots), and remembered that my proof of insurance in my glovebox was out of date. Just pressed the control button on my ear plugs, and when Siri came up, just asked it to remind to call Monday morning at 9am and get a new proof of insurance card sent to me. Then I pressed the control button again to go back to my soothing music. And this morning, I got my reminder.

These are the times I love technology!
Salgud

Posted Dec 12, 2011 in: "Start Time" feature
Score: -2
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Dec 12, 2011
  • Score: -2
This post has been hidden because of negative votes. Click to reveal

This message was edited Dec 12, 2011.
Salgud

Posted Dec 09, 2011 in: Editing multiple tasks at once
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Dec 09, 2011
Go into "View by Search" (upper left corner), the select the Search you want, or create one to get just the tasks you want to edit. Once you have them isolated, click "Mulit-Edit" (top, middle of screen) and Multi-Edit your heart out.

Remember, if you edit Tags, that only what you put in the Tag field will remain - any tags already there will be erased.
Salgud

Posted Dec 08, 2011 in: My Hodge-Podge
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Dec 08, 2011
Posted by JPR:
I'd recommend Alarmed (by Yoctoville) as a replacement for the iPhone Reminders app. More repeat settings, snooze, better "nag-ability", much quicker entry and more. It's free too. Alarmed is kind of like Toodledo... not quite as pretty, requires a bit of a learning curve, but it's packed with useful stuff.

You're right, this is great software. I've moved most of my reminders out of Reminders into Alarmed because it does so many things so well. It does sleep and wakeup alarms better than anything else I've seen, I think I've finally replaced my old alarm clock because I can have Alarmed play anything in my iTunes library and slowly get quieter so I can drift off to sleep. Same in reverse to wake up. Believe it or not, I actually dreampt this scenario up when I was thinking about how iPhone alarm devices should work a couple of years ago. Now I have it.

I've also been able to program Alarmed to start giving me reminders on the second Tues of the month starting next April, when the "street cleaning" (read "revenue getting") season starts on the streets in my neighborhood, and programmed it to end in Nov. Now I won't have to pay that damned $75 fine for the first time each season when I forget this Denver City scam!

I'm going to get the extension he offers too. It looks somewhat useful, but I'll be buying it more to pay the developer for the value he's delivered to me than for the extra features.

Thanks for the tip!
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79   80   81      Next