ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by PeterW "
PeterW 

Posted Mar 15, 2010 in: How to have task title always in bold?
Score: 1
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Mar 15, 2010
  • Score: 1
A theme (using the Stylish add-in for Firefox) could be set so that all task descriptions are bold.

One of the themes that a user has created does have bold task descriptions. Check out Toodledoish Plus 2:
http://userstyles.org/styles/26021
PeterW 

Posted Mar 15, 2010 in: Date view inconsistency
Score: 0
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Mar 15, 2010
  • Score: 0
Don't know if it's been fixed or if it just depends on what time of day it is but mine looks OK so far today. My timezone is Australian Eastern (Daylight Savings) time = GMT +11.

This message was edited Mar 15, 2010.
PeterW 

Posted Mar 14, 2010 in: Daylight Savings Problem again?
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Mar 14, 2010
Just for reference sake, there was another thread started about this issue here:
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/5217/-2/date-view-inconsistency.html
PeterW 

Posted Mar 14, 2010 in: Date view inconsistency
  • PeterW 
Just for reference sake, there was another thread started about this issue here:
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/5211/-1/daylight-savings-problem-again.html

This message was edited Mar 14, 2010.
PeterW 

Posted Mar 14, 2010 in: Links in Emails not working
  • PeterW 
Posted by wolfgang:
Hello there. I enjoy working with Toddledo. It's a really great tool. One thing would even improve the usability: If I do send a website link as a new task to my toodledo account, the link does not work as such, it's just plain text...

Is there anything I can do about this?

If the link is in the notes field, Toodledo does display it as a hyperlink. Don't think it works in the description field.
PeterW 

Posted Mar 14, 2010 in: Daylight Savings Problem again?
  • PeterW 
Yes, I've just noticed something similar. I had a task due today that I didn't get to, so I changed the due date to tomorrow. After refreshing the screen, the task did not move and was still listed under the "due today" separator. I moved it another day forward and it still stayed there!

Something's definitely up...
PeterW 

Posted Mar 14, 2010 in: Please hire a UI Designer
  • PeterW 
Hi Transisto,

You could give my theme a try. I've made the View-by bar a little bigger and have dimmed the text of the non-current views to make it immediately obvious which view is the current one. I also made the tabs and text on the tabs a little bigger.

The other thing you could do is modify one of the scripts to suit your own tastes. It's what I did!

Look here: http://userstyles.org/styles/25595

This message was edited Mar 14, 2010.
PeterW 

Posted Mar 13, 2010 in: Daylight Savings Problem again?
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Mar 13, 2010
Thanks for the alert on this issue.

I've just noticed that Toodledo was reporting an hour later than current time on the main page. Yet when I go into settings is shows an hour later than the current time. It's not taking this time from my Windows settings, so it does seem like Toodledo is modifying it in some way.

How you get the iPhone to update the website time?

EDIT: Found the timezone sync setting in Toodledo iPhone. It was on so I turned it off to see if that was causing my problem.

This message was edited Mar 13, 2010.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Mar 11, 2010
This is one of the reasons I use Appigo Todo on my iPhone - it uses separators and in my opinion better use of fonts, color and icons to present the data in a way that makes it much more intuitive to read.

Toodledo's iPhone app is more powerful so I hope it the interface improves in the future.
PeterW 

Posted Mar 10, 2010 in: Tags & Context Etc. for iPhone
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Mar 10, 2010
In the Fields and Defaults screen, tap the Reorder button at the top and drag any of the unused fields that you wish to use up to the "Fields Used" section. This will activate them.
PeterW 

Posted Mar 10, 2010 in: A task with no name
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Mar 10, 2010
Hey Joe,

Having no due date makes it tough to work out what you need to do today!

But here are a few ideas:

* Star the items you need to do today and use the Starred tab (View-by - Main) to view them.

* Use the Start Date field on your tasks, set View-by to Due Date and then use the "Started" tab.

Hope this helps.
PeterW 

Posted Mar 09, 2010 in: Hiding future tasks
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Mar 09, 2010
Posted by roddyt:
In your filter settings, are you hiding future tasks? The setting should read "Show Future Tasks." If it reads "Hide Future Tasks," you'll need to toggle it.

That's the only thing I can think of.

Hey Roddy,

Brilliant! That fixed it!

But I don't understand why. It almost seems the reverse of what I would expect. I tell Toodledo to show future tasks and it hides them? Seems like bizzaro world!

EDIT: I think I get it now. The option is what you want to change it to, not what it's currently set at. Guess is makes sense.

This message was edited Mar 09, 2010.
PeterW 

Posted Mar 09, 2010 in: Automatic Update of Due Date
  • PeterW 
A few comments that I hope are helpful...

1. Updating fields in Toodledo is quite quick, especially the date field - click in the field, click on the new date in the popup, and move your pointer out of the popup box. Done.

2. Consider not using due dates unless the tasks absolutely have to be done on that day. If they're optional, don't use a due date, or perhaps use due-date modifier to make it optional.

I used to spend time rolling due dates forward and wanted a quick way of updating them all (this was using another task management program). After reading "Getting Things Done" I realised that I was setting unrealistic due dates on tasks that did not need to be done on that day - they were really just future dates I had put down when the task was created.

I now only use due dates when tasks really are due - in GTD terminology "the hard landscape".
PeterW 

Posted Mar 09, 2010 in: New Tag Picker
  • PeterW 
After you see the message "Loading tags...", your tags should appear in the dialog box so you can select an existing one if you wish.

If you are not seeing this, and you already have some tags defined, then I guess there could be an issue with your browser. Perhaps flush your cache and see if that works, or try another browser just to check.
PeterW 

Posted Mar 08, 2010 in: Hiding future tasks
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Mar 08, 2010
Done - refer Ticket #7545.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
Posted by Toodledo:
You should also pick a due-date modifier. "Due On" instead of "Due by".

http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=42

Thanks, but I've tried this also and the task remains visible.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
Hi Roddy,

Thanks for the explanation. I did not notice the word "hotlist" when I read the help file. Duh!

However with regards to this bit:
Posted by roddyt:
In your last sentence, I think you're referring to the Hide Future Tasks setting. If so, that setting is for the Due date, not Start date. You can use the start date to effectively hide your task. If you set the Start date to the same Friday due date, then the task will be hidden until that day. The Start date repeats along with the due date, so you're not losing out there either.

That part is not working for me. The task is due every Friday so the next one is showing as being due on March 12. I have also set a start date of March 12. Yet the task remains visible today (Tuesday).

I am sure that this used to work for me. Is it working for anyone else?
PeterW 

Posted Mar 07, 2010 in: Hiding future tasks
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Mar 07, 2010
Hi there,

I have a questions about hiding future tasks.

Toodledo Help says:

How do due date modifiers work?

Due date modifiers can be selected when entering a due date.

Due by:
This is the default value. It means that a task must be due before this date passes.

Due on:
Sometimes a task can only be completed on a specific due date (like a dentist appointment) and being reminded about it ahead of time is unnecessary. You can fix this by setting it to be due "on" the date. The abbreviation for this is an equals sign in front of the date. For example "=2008-01-01". This signifies that this task can only be completed on Jan 1, 2008 and that we shouldn't worry about it until then.

I have a repeating task set for every Friday at 2:00pm. If I set it to be "due on" I assumed that I would not see it until Friday arrived. This is not the case - today is Monday and I can see it on my list already.

Have I misunderstood this functionality?

The start date feature won't work because the lowest setting is 1 month.

This message was edited Mar 07, 2010.
PeterW 

Posted Mar 07, 2010 in: Proximo's GTD Setup
Score: -1
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Mar 07, 2010
  • Score: -1
I started doing the same recently and did not realise this. Thanks for the heads up.
PeterW 

Posted Mar 06, 2010 in: How do I find out what Theme I'm using?
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Mar 06, 2010
Assuming you're using FireFox, there is a Stylish icon in the bottom right corner of the application window. Just click once on this and a menu will pop up allowing you to select between installed themes and other options.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53      Next