Search results for "Posted by PeterW "
PeterW 

Posted Feb 27, 2010 in: Urgent, Not all tasks showing
Score: 0
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Feb 27, 2010
  • Score: 0
Posted by alex:
I had a look, where do I create a support ticket?

Here: http://www.toodledo.com/info/ticket.php
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Feb 27, 2010
And try using Tags -- you can set multiple tags and thereby achieve a fairly deep level of filtering.

This message was edited Feb 27, 2010.
PeterW 

Posted Feb 25, 2010 in: Please hire a UI Designer
Score: 1
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Feb 25, 2010
  • Score: 1
Posted by elainachen11:
I definitely think TD could use a UI upgrade.

For those who might not have noticed...
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/7/4989/0/toodledo-is-hiring.html
http://www.toodledo.com/info/jobs.php
PeterW 

Posted Feb 24, 2010 in: iPhone Context vs. Free Version
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Feb 24, 2010
I am fairly certain that Contexts are included in the free online verson of Toodledo (although can't checka s I am a subscriber).

You probably just need to go into the "Customize" screen and turn this field on.
PeterW 

Posted Feb 24, 2010 in: Sticky drop down menus in Explorer 8?
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Feb 24, 2010
Hi Max,

I use FireFox most of the time but just fired up IE8 and don't see any issues with drop-down menus on my computer.

I don't have lots of data in my drop-downs, e.g 4 folders, 5 contexts, etc. Do you have lots more?

Only other ideas I have are:
1. flush out your browser cache
2. give FireFox a try to see if the same thing happens
PeterW 

Posted Feb 23, 2010 in: Making TD a habit
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Feb 23, 2010
Hi Dan,

If you haven't read "Getting Things Done" by David Allen it's worth doing so. It addresses this issue quite well.

I record everything that needs to be done. I never rely on my brain because it's just not reliable. This really is a key habit that has helped me get better organized.

Using paper to record things is fine - I have a bunch of small notepads in strategic locations, e.g. at work, at home, in my backpack, in the car, etc. So I can scribble down a thought or a task that needs doing, tear out the page and put it into my inbox (with any other items that come my way such as documents & folders, bills, etc).

Having an inbox to collect your pieces of paper and everything else is important because it stops you losing stuff. I process my inbox regularly and this gets tasks into Toodledo where I can then sort/tag/context/prioritize them and eventually get them done.

I also record things directly onto my iPhone todo program which syncs with Toodledo. And anything in my Outlook inbox that needs doing gets forwarded to Toodledo.

By being "religious" about the recording of what needs doing and also where you put it (inbox), nothing should get lost, so you will have a reliable list that you can work through.

Regards,
Peter.

This message was edited Feb 24, 2010.
PeterW 

Posted Feb 23, 2010 in: Proximo's GTD Setup
Score: 2
  • PeterW 
  • Score: 2
Hi John,

Displaying the number of tasks in a folder is a Toodledo account setting. Look for "Show Tab Counts" towards the bottom of the settings.
PeterW 

Posted Feb 23, 2010 in: Appigo Todo now better for GTD
  • PeterW 
Posted by cjuzda:
Actually, for the iphone folks ToDo is not considered pretty at all, 2Do is much "prettier" :)

For me, Appigo Todo provides a good blend of ease of use, clean interface yet powerful use of features. I know that Toodledo on the iPhone provides more granular control and more features than Todo but I think it's at the cost of usability. Just my $0.02 worth.
PeterW 

Posted Feb 22, 2010 in: Please hire a UI Designer
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Feb 22, 2010
Posted by chrisj:
Instead of just griping, let me offer some specific examples:

Great post, chrisj. Very constructive suggestions and I would guess that some are relatively easily doable within the current interface.

I also had difficulty finding the Help page. Now I know where it is it's not so bad but it certainly isn't obvious - click on "Help & News" at the bottom of the menu bar, then click on "Help Topics" which is on the right hand side just above the "Contact Us" box.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Feb 19, 2010
For those interested, here are details on the new version:

Todo (and Todo Lite) 3.4.2
Released: February 17, 2010

• Restored iPhone 3.0 OS compatibility
• Write a Review functionality added to Settings | Information interface

I received a post from Calvin @ Appigo that the fix for the sync issue will be in the next release.

Gotta say, great service from both Appigo and Toodledo. Thanks guys!

This message was edited Feb 19, 2010.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Feb 18, 2010
I've just noticed that a new version of Appigo Todo (v3.4.2) has appeared in the AppStore.

The release notes don't indicate that this bug is fixed so I'm going to backup Toodledo before I install and sync.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
Fantastic - thank you!
PeterW 

• PeterW 
Thanks Jake. I will post this in the Appigo forums and ask that they look at it ASAP.

Regards,
Peter.
PeterW 

Posted Feb 18, 2010 in: Proximo's GTD Setup
  • PeterW 
I'm also using Proximo's GTD setup.

What I would do in this situation is simply change the folder of the item from "No folder" to "Project", switch to the Project folder and then drag the task onto the appropriate parent task.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Feb 17, 2010
Hi Jake,

I'd like to report a problem I had recently after upgrading Appigo's Todo from v3.2 to 3.4. Following is a post I made on Appigo's Google Group forum and their response:

Posted by PeterW on the Appigo Todo Google Group:

I downloaded and installed the latest release (v3.4) today. This was done via App Store on my iPhone 3GS. The installation went successfully, and the first thing I tried was to 'Star' a task and then sync with Toodledo to see if it synced. Note that my settings have always been set for Appigo Todo to be the authoritative source for resolution.

The sync took quite a while, a lot longer than usual and upon completion, I found the reason why - the completion date field of every completed task on my device had been changed to today's date. When I checked my completed tasks on Toodledo, this had of course been synced to Toodledo, hence the long sync time.

Posted by Appigo Support on the Appigo Todo Google Group:

Toodledo will not accept our completion dates as authoritative and will set the completed date to the moment a task is set as completed on their website. If the tasks were completed using Todo and some time passed between syncing to the site, the completion dates will be changed to date of the sync. The dates of previously completed tasks are not modified in any way during the upgrade so our guess (without further information from you) is that it had been a while since the last sync and Toodledo modified the completion dates to the sync date.

It hasn't been widely reported and we were not able to reproduce any issues during the upgrade from previous versions.

If what we described above is not what you observed please let us know as we'd like to track down a possible issue.

Sincerely,
The Appigo Team

From what Appigo Support has said, it appears possible that Toodledo changed all of my task completion dates. Is it possible that Toodledo saw the tasks on the upgraded device as "new" and therefore reset all of the completion dates? Given that Toodledo does not allow Todo to sync the completion date, this seems likely.

Would you consider allowing Todo's completion date to sync with Toodledo?

Thanks,
Peter.

This message was edited Feb 17, 2010.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
Yes, this will only work with FireFox.

To make it work, you simply install an add-on named "Stylish" https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2108 and then go to http://userstyles.org/styles/browse/all/toodledo where you can find styles to install and try out.

And yes, it will work with the free version of Toodledo.

This message was edited Feb 17, 2010.
PeterW 

Posted Feb 17, 2010 in: Reorder tasks?
  • PeterW 
Posted by mlb32704:
Question - if I actually paid for a Pro account to get the subtasks, how are they manually sorted? Drag and drop? Numerical order? How is the sort performed?

Subtasks can be manually sorted via drag & drop.
PeterW 

Posted Feb 17, 2010 in: Appigo Todo now better for GTD
  • PeterW 
Posted by PeterW:
Be sure to post a request for start dates on Appigo's Todo Google Group. The more people ask, the more likely we'll get it.

Oh, and if Jake can give us the ability to rename Toodledo's "No Folder" to "Inbox" it would be perfect with Appigo Todo.
PeterW 

Posted Feb 17, 2010 in: Appigo Todo now better for GTD
  • PeterW 
Posted by Dave:
I have been playing a little bit with Todo but one thing I noticed was that it doesn't do status. Did I miss it somewhere in the options?

That's correct - there is no status field in Todo. I was using this field in Toodledo but turned it off and haven't missed it.

Posted by Proximo:
I got Todo and have used it over the weekend.

My initial impressions are:

1. I love it
2. It's simple and clean
3. It's designed with GTD in mind.

I began using Todo not long after getting my iPhone and it actually led me to Toodledo and GTD. Like you, I think the interface is very good and intuitive. More recently I've tried out Toodledo on the iPhone and have commented in the forums here that it is more powerful but unfortunately in my opinion also much more complicated to use.

When I reconfigured Toodledo to follow your GTD implementation a while back my Todo main screen became just like yours and as you've said, it is great.

Be sure to post a request for start dates on Appigo's Todo Google Group. The more people ask, the more likely we'll get it.
PeterW 

Posted Feb 16, 2010 in: Understanding "Next Actions"
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Feb 16, 2010
Posted by lukembarton:
Is this a feature likely to come? If not I think i'll have to consider Omnifocus, even if it means using my Mac again. Only downside is I use Windows at work so I'd be relying on my iPhone.

Sounds like they might belong on your "Someday" list. Given there are only a few books, you could perhaps just make them individual tasks rather than a project.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53      Next